476 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

If my wife was given an EAD when she came in on the K1 and now I am applying for AOS and EAD...is she renewing or asking permission to accept employment?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I am processing my wife's paperwork now and I have all the documents but I am sure I will have a few questions...First Where is the nonimagrant visa number?? is that the red number on the lower right hand corner of the visa itself?

YES :thumbs:

USflag.gifr.gifi.gifc.gifh.gifo.gifphilippine_flag.gif

AOS & EAD TIMELINE:

July 21, 2008---(ORIGINAL) NOA1 for AOS & EAD

July 29, 2008---"WALK-IN" BIOMETRICS DONE (AOS & EAD-1)

Oct 14, 2008---EAD1 CARD ARRIVES! Approval date is Oct. 2, 2008

Dec 10, 2008---INTERVIEW DAY! APPROVED!!!

Dec 17, 2008---WELCOME NOTICE RECEIVED

Jan 9, 2009---CARD RECEIVED FINALLY! Approval date 12-10-08..expires on 12-10-10

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

Sept 10,2010---REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

CITIZENSHIP

Sept 10,2011---Application for citizenship

.png

• 1 month later...
Filed: Timeline

Hi

Im new in this forum, and i will really appreciate if you can help me with my case.

I have a k4 visa and in a few months im gonna turn 21 so we have to send our adjustment of status (my mom and me) as soon as possible but here is my question. To apply for AOS i need to have a separet I-130 wich i dont have because they said that in order to get a k4 i dont need it... So we were reading the instructions on how to fill the form but i cant because when they married i was 19, and to apply for the I-130 (im a step child) the marriage had to happen before my 18th birthday :(.

So i cant apply for AOS and i have to come back to my country, or there is something missing here? We really cant believe that cause the k program is supposed to make the family come togheter.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Hi

Im new in this forum, and i will really appreciate if you can help me with my case.

I have a k4 visa and in a few months im gonna turn 21 so we have to send our adjustment of status (my mom and me) as soon as possible but here is my question. To apply for AOS i need to have a separet I-130 wich i dont have because they said that in order to get a k4 i dont need it... So we were reading the instructions on how to fill the form but i cant because when they married i was 19, and to apply for the I-130 (im a step child) the marriage had to happen before my 18th birthday :(.

So i cant apply for AOS and i have to come back to my country, or there is something missing here? We really cant believe that cause the k program is supposed to make the family come togheter.

Yes, it's unbelievable, but sadly it seems to be true. My daughter was in the same situation earlier this year. You can read my post and all the replies here. We ended up consulting a lawyer but he could not find any way around it either. But I would always check for any updated or current information and/or consult a lawyer as every situation is unique and the rules can change quickly.

..hope things can work out for you.

N-400 Citizenship

Sept. 13, 2011 N-400 sent to Phoenix Lockbox

Sept. 20, 2011 Check cashed

Sept. 23, 2011 NOA rec'd for N-400

Oct. 17, 2011 Biometrics appointment

Nov. 29, 2011 Interview - PASSED! 3yr anniversary not until 12/09/11

Dec. 13, 2011 Status update received "Oath Scheduled"

Dec. 15, 2011 Letter received with Oath date

Dec. 27, 2011 OATH! US Citizen

Hi

Yes, it's unbelievable, but sadly it seems to be true. My daughter was in the same situation earlier this year. You can read my post and all the replies here. We ended up consulting a lawyer but he could not find any way around it either. But I would always check for any updated or current information and/or consult a lawyer as every situation is unique and the rules can change quickly.

Thank you very much for your help....We are going to continue on and see what happens.

And finally your daughter could come tu the US??

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

We received our second biometic appointment (already completed one for the I-485) - this one is for the I-765. Does this sound right? Two biometric appointments? I guess I thought they only needed one for both purposes but I suppose the forms are sent to different locations for different purposes. Still, seems redundant to me.

Should there be 2 biometric appointments 9one fo rAOS, one for EAD)? Just checking...

12-14-07 Sent K-1 petition

12-17-07 Received NOA1

01-06-08 Got engaged!!!

02-21-08 NOA2 Approved

02-27-08 NVC processed petition

02-28-08 Received NOA2 in mail

03-03-08 Consulate in Rio de Janeiro received petition

03-21-08 Received packet for interview

04-22-08 Visa Interview and Visa APPROVED!

05-06-08 Visa received in mail

07-28-08 Wedding Date (Reception was 26th, but forgot to reigster for MC...oops)

10-04-08 Applied for AOS (EAD and AP also)

10-09-08 NOA1 for I-485

10-27-08 I-485 transferred to CSC

11-04-08 I-485 Biometrics appointment

11-13-08 NOA1 for EAD

12-09-08 EAD Biometrics appointment

01-08-09 AP Approved

01-13-09 AP Received

Cost of 3 roundtrip tickets to Brazil in last 3 years...... $2,900+

Cost of filing petitions for K-1 visa & AOS.................... $1,465+

Cost of monthly calling cards to Brazil........................$20

Cost of marrying the woman of my dreams.... PRICELESS

.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
We received our second biometic appointment (already completed one for the I-485) - this one is for the I-765. Does this sound right? Two biometric appointments? I guess I thought they only needed one for both purposes but I suppose the forms are sent to different locations for different purposes. Still, seems redundant to me.

Should there be 2 biometric appointments 9one fo rAOS, one for EAD)? Just checking...

I recieved one biometric appointment which covers both aos and ead.

Sal and Jay

K1 - Complete
AOS - Complete
EAD - Complete
AP - Complete
ROC - Complete

N400-Complete

I am a United States citizen!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Hi

Thank you very much for your help....We are going to continue on and see what happens.

..sadly, no...we may try and bring her on a student visa while she completes her education, as that now seems the only option to have her here with us for a while.

N-400 Citizenship

Sept. 13, 2011 N-400 sent to Phoenix Lockbox

Sept. 20, 2011 Check cashed

Sept. 23, 2011 NOA rec'd for N-400

Oct. 17, 2011 Biometrics appointment

Nov. 29, 2011 Interview - PASSED! 3yr anniversary not until 12/09/11

Dec. 13, 2011 Status update received "Oath Scheduled"

Dec. 15, 2011 Letter received with Oath date

Dec. 27, 2011 OATH! US Citizen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi i need you help for few questions i got!! my K-1 visa will expired on 12 January 2009. Do we need to apply AOS before it expired? or can my husband and I apply for AOS after the date on EAD? thank you

Isaiah 49:16 Indeed, I have engraved you upon the palms of My hands; Your walls are continually before Me.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi i need you help for few questions i got!! my K-1 visa will expired on 12 January 2009. Do we need to apply AOS before it expired? or can my husband and I apply for AOS after the date on EAD? thank you

As long as you got married on the 90 day window you're good, that being said you can apply your AOS after the 90 days time frame. :thumbs:

USflag.gifr.gifi.gifc.gifh.gifo.gifphilippine_flag.gif

AOS & EAD TIMELINE:

July 21, 2008---(ORIGINAL) NOA1 for AOS & EAD

July 29, 2008---"WALK-IN" BIOMETRICS DONE (AOS & EAD-1)

Oct 14, 2008---EAD1 CARD ARRIVES! Approval date is Oct. 2, 2008

Dec 10, 2008---INTERVIEW DAY! APPROVED!!!

Dec 17, 2008---WELCOME NOTICE RECEIVED

Jan 9, 2009---CARD RECEIVED FINALLY! Approval date 12-10-08..expires on 12-10-10

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

Sept 10,2010---REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

CITIZENSHIP

Sept 10,2011---Application for citizenship

.png

Hi

..sadly, no...we may try and bring her on a student visa while she completes her education, as that now seems the only option to have her here with us for a while.

Well, hope you the best, we gonna see what can we do about this case.

Good luck and thanks for your answer.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Its All so confusing!!! Let me get this your point of views. I am here on a tourist visa. Have been visiting since 1993. Now Last month I got married and my wife being a USC filed for I-130. We are expecting the NOA1 any day now since the check has cleared. For the info of the readers, I got married here in the US. Now, should i file for AOS from here or Go back. Don't want to get stuck in my homecountry for months or years while the paper work gets thrown back and forth. What are your suggestions. If i file from here, what are the chances. My wife is expecting too! Your input will be appreciated.

IR5 For Parent

We drove to Wichita Nov 13 for a Biometrics appointment. There were 2 bar codes on the

ASC Notice, one for I-485 and one for I-765. After that (maybe 2 weeks later) our application

was forwarded to the California Service Center. Now today, we received another ASC notice

with only 1 bar code (I-485). The Appointment Notice mentions biometrics again.

What the hell is going on????? Why do we have to drive 2.5 hours again to get

biometrics? Is this a mistake???

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi guys just a simple question here..

i know i can file the i-485, work authorization and travel authorization all together for the amount of $1010. and each application has its own requirement that i have to provide INDIVIDUALLY, correct? (e.g. 2 pics for i-485, 2 pics for work A.. 2 pics for travel A. = total of 6 pics)

my question is, when u compiled all the requirements for EACH application, did you have put each application with its requirement in a separate envelope? like 1 envelope for i-485, 1 for work a, 1 for travel a. then all 3 envelopes sealed in a 1 packet.

in my mind this is ho im planning to do..so..am i thinking the right thing?

pls share..

tnx!

------------------------

K-1

Jan 2008 - application was sent back to us due to mis sent to Chicago instead of California

Jan - sent application

Jun 27 - NOA2 by the mailbox!!! (found out that d 2nd touch was d approval..sweet!)

Jul 3 - NVC sent letter to petitioner

Jul 15 - confirmation letter received (tnk u my dear DHL)

Jul 17- 1st day - medical exam SLEC (on hold and waiting for it to be done successfully) July 31- PASSED!

Aug 28 - USEM interview date! (eto' na!) - PASSED - PINK SLIP ONLY!

Sept 26 - PAL departure - MNL-LAX

NOV 23 - Church wedding

AOS

Jan 30 2009 - AOS with EAD and AP submitted to Chi, IL

Feb 4 - check cleared

Feb 10 - AOS, EAD, AP NOA1 received!

Feb 19 - Biometric appointment letter received

Feb 28 - Biometrics schedule

Mar 28 - AP and interview invitation received by mail

Apr 2 - EAD card recieved

May 15 - Interview Schedule - APPROVED!

Jun 25 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED ON MAIL Dated June 16

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.