476 posts in this topic

On i485 form, Can somebody tell me where can I find the "Nonimmigrant Visa Number", for part 3? What about the A# and I94 number, part 1?

Thanks

Nonimmigrant Visa Number = 8 digit red number on the bottom right of your visa

A# = 8 digit number preceded by A, listed on your NOA2

I-94# = 11 digit black number on the top left of your I-94 card, which should be stapled to your passport

Edited by sweetpiano

10-Apr-08...Filing date for I-130/AOS/EAD/AP

02-May-08...Biometrics

31-Jul-08...EAD Card received

15-Sep-08...Interview (APPROVED)

27-Sep-08...GC received

03-Aug-10...Filed I-751 (Removal of Conditions)

06-Aug-10...NOA 1-yr Extension Letter

10-Sep-10...Biometrics

02-Dec-10...ROC approved! (Card production ordered)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: American Samoa
Timeline
Nonimmigrant Visa Number = 8 digit red number on the bottom right of your visa

A# = 8 digit number preceded by A, listed on your NOA2

I-94# = 11 digit black number on the top left of your I-94 card, which should be stapled to your passport

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Ill try this again. I posted this about 3 weeks ago but noone replied. We got married on May 9. Right now our funds are severely depleted, especially with the wedding costs. Do we need to be in a huge hurry to file for AOS? I would like to wait until June or July. Also, would youall recommend having a local agent do all the paperwork?

This isn't the thread to really ask questions which is why you proably haven't got a response as most people don't look here. As long as you got married within the 90 days as stipulated for the K1 visa you are ok. It is recommended that you apply for AOS as soon as you possibly can. I've seen a few people wait for several months til they filed their AOS as they had to get their funds together too, so you'll be fine. Just apply for AOS as soon as you can as then you will be closer to getting your green card and being able to work.

Hi there... I hope to be answered by anyone who might know... I did my Biometrics a month ago (here in Oregon) and still got no reply from USCIS regarding any next step (EAD, maybe?). I checked my case status online but nothing is new. Still the same...NOA received. Is it suppose to be this way? They didn't mention anything about Biometrics whether they've received it or not. I am kinda impatient and hoping my EAD would come out soon. I noticed that some (referring to timelines) is also getting replies after a long time. Whew! I'm kinda a little bit anxious too.

Thanks.

It takes around 90 days to get your EAD (some are quicker and others are longer). When you did your biometrics did you do it for EAD and AOS? Once 90 days has passed since you applied you can make an infopass appointment to check the status of it.

Hi to everyone... I entered US as a K1 fiancee visa and we just got married and ready to file for I-485 adjustment of status but I have some questions. Do my husband still need to file for I-130 and in my I-485 application will i use my family name as in my passport or use my husband's family name. thanks .

As you entered as K1, as long as you got married within the 90 days, you do not have to file the I-130. You just need to file the I-485. You fill the form in with the family name that you wish to be known by. If you are taking your husbands last name then use it here. You can always change your passport at another time. If you fill the forms with your maiden name and then decide later to change your green card to your married name, it will cost you more money to change it. So it is best to fill the forms in with the last name that you are wanting to use.

Thank you so much.

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline
What's the impact if I don't file the EAD when I get married and still work???

Then you are considered to be working without authorization. It's illegal.

AOS Timeline begun!

AOS sent- June 26th 2008

NOA1- July 3rd

Touch- July 7th (check cashed)

Touch- July 8th

Biometrics notice received- July 14th (notice date- July 9th)

Biometrics Appointment- July 25th

Touch- July 25th

RFE e-mail notice- July 28th

RFE response sent- September 9th

RFE response received by USCIS and case processing resumed- September 12th

AOS Touch- September 18th

Transfer to CSC- September 26th

AOS Touch-September 29th

Received Transfer Letter in mail- October 2nd

AOS Touch- case pending at the office to which it was transferred- October 3rd

AOS Touch- October 6th

EAD Touch- October 29- CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED-yippeeeeeeeeee! I can get a drivers license

EAD Touch- November 3rd- Approval notice sent (JEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZ RIGHT AFTER I WROTE THIS MY EAD CARD CAME IN MAIL!!!!!! I mean the Mailman brought it HOW WEIRD IS THAT???????????)

AOS Touch Dec 19th

AOS Touch Dec 21st

AOS APPROVED JAN 29th

Removing Conditions 12/16/2010- Application sent by certified mail

Approved 3/07/2011

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

Then you are considered to be working without authorization. It's illegal right when the I-94 expires, and you didn't receive EAD or green card.

AOS Timeline begun!

AOS sent- June 26th 2008

NOA1- July 3rd

Touch- July 7th (check cashed)

Touch- July 8th

Biometrics notice received- July 14th (notice date- July 9th)

Biometrics Appointment- July 25th

Touch- July 25th

RFE e-mail notice- July 28th

RFE response sent- September 9th

RFE response received by USCIS and case processing resumed- September 12th

AOS Touch- September 18th

Transfer to CSC- September 26th

AOS Touch-September 29th

Received Transfer Letter in mail- October 2nd

AOS Touch- case pending at the office to which it was transferred- October 3rd

AOS Touch- October 6th

EAD Touch- October 29- CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED-yippeeeeeeeeee! I can get a drivers license

EAD Touch- November 3rd- Approval notice sent (JEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZ RIGHT AFTER I WROTE THIS MY EAD CARD CAME IN MAIL!!!!!! I mean the Mailman brought it HOW WEIRD IS THAT???????????)

AOS Touch Dec 19th

AOS Touch Dec 21st

AOS APPROVED JAN 29th

Removing Conditions 12/16/2010- Application sent by certified mail

Approved 3/07/2011

hi guys, i recieved a RFE in feb and they recieved what they needed in March .... for my AOS .... meanwhile i got my EAD so thats fine but i'm still waiting on an answer from them regarding my AOS and yes i've done my biometrics ..... how long do they take?

its now July and they havent looked at my file since March - as per uscis case status ....

also what is a infopass appt?

• 5 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Hey guys!

I am new here. I got here via K-1 visa and will be marrying my fiance on Oct 4th 2008. We are planning to apply for my AOS right after that. So we are trying to figure out how to go about it without having to appoint a lawyer to help us with it. Anyway, I am wondering if the fee for AOS is USD1010? Does that include everything?

If anyone here could share with me your checklist so that I can make sure that I have everything before I send out my application, would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Filed: Timeline
Hey guys!

I am new here. I got here via K-1 visa and will be marrying my fiance on Oct 4th 2008. We are planning to apply for my AOS right after that. So we are trying to figure out how to go about it without having to appoint a lawyer to help us with it. Anyway, I am wondering if the fee for AOS is USD1010? Does that include everything?

If anyone here could share with me your checklist so that I can make sure that I have everything before I send out my application, would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Yes, that's the fee...congrats on your wedding date. That's my husband's birthday.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
Yes, that's the fee...congrats on your wedding date. That's my husband's birthday.

That's cool! Anyway, one of my close friends back in Malaysia will be getting married on the same day too :) Did anyone here use the help of the lawyer when filing for AOS? The whole process looks quite difficult so I am wondering if we could do it on our own. Anybody here file the AOS whose from Iowa or Omaha? I am just wondering if you could recommend a USCIS Civil Surgeon that is reliable and does not expect you to go through the whole medical exams. Thanks a lot!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

That's cool! Anyway, one of my close friends back in Malaysia will be getting married on the same day too :) Did anyone here use the help of the lawyer when filing for AOS? The whole process looks quite difficult so I am wondering if we could do it on our own. Anybody here file the AOS whose from Iowa or Omaha? I am just wondering if you could recommend a USCIS Civil Surgeon that is reliable and does not expect you to go through the whole medical exams. Thanks a lot!!!

When you apply for AOS you can find a list of approved doctors on the immigration website, and no, they cannot exclude people from having the exam because the results go with the application package.

We applied with the help of a lawyer, and it was done correctly the first time. The best part is the lawyer knows exactly what documents you need and gets it right without delay or issues. A little expensive, but worth it in the end.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

i am new on the AOS journey..i just want to know ...i will arrive in the U.S. on sept 26 and we'll get married on nov 23. in my case whose under K1, what should i do once i get to the u.s.?

can we file immediately for the AOS then? do i need to deal with the medical?

please enlighten me...is there an instruction like "TO DO'S once the K1 beneficiary gets to the U.S."?

------------------------

K-1

Jan 2008 - application was sent back to us due to mis sent to Chicago instead of California

Jan - sent application

Jun 27 - NOA2 by the mailbox!!! (found out that d 2nd touch was d approval..sweet!)

Jul 3 - NVC sent letter to petitioner

Jul 15 - confirmation letter received (tnk u my dear DHL)

Jul 17- 1st day - medical exam SLEC (on hold and waiting for it to be done successfully) July 31- PASSED!

Aug 28 - USEM interview date! (eto' na!) - PASSED - PINK SLIP ONLY!

Sept 26 - PAL departure - MNL-LAX

NOV 23 - Church wedding

AOS

Jan 30 2009 - AOS with EAD and AP submitted to Chi, IL

Feb 4 - check cleared

Feb 10 - AOS, EAD, AP NOA1 received!

Feb 19 - Biometric appointment letter received

Feb 28 - Biometrics schedule

Mar 28 - AP and interview invitation received by mail

Apr 2 - EAD card recieved

May 15 - Interview Schedule - APPROVED!

Jun 25 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED ON MAIL Dated June 16

i am new on the AOS journey..i just want to know ...i will arrive in the U.S. on sept 26 and we'll get married on nov 23. in my case whose under K1, what should i do once i get to the u.s.?

can we file immediately for the AOS then? do i need to deal with the medical?

please enlighten me...is there an instruction like "TO DO'S once the K1 beneficiary gets to the U.S."?

Hello Shes,

I used VJ guide for my AOS and was done after 64 days..

Riza

God is Great .. God is good... all the time..

N_-400

12/13/2010- SEnt The packet

12/22/2010- The packet was returned due to missing page.

12/23/2010- Resend the packet with complete pages.

12/29/2010- Check cashed in

01/03/2010- Receive NOA

01/10/2011- Email from USCIS for the Required Evidence( Finger printing)

01/26/2011-Biometric Schedule

02/07/2011-USCIS online status update-

02/12/2011- Received Interview Letter Scheduled March 14

02/12/2011- Received Descheduled letter

02/17/2011- USCIS online Status update

02/22/2011-New IL arrived schedule for March 29

02/22/2011-Descheduled Letter Again ( 2nd Time)

02/23/2011- I called USCIS and I was told new schedule in the computer for March 22

02/23/2011-USCIS ONline update....

03/01/2011-Interview Letter for March 22 @ 7:15 AM

03/22/2011- Interview and Oath; US Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.