476 posts in this topic

Just had my Biometrics today and I didn't have to go to a Civil Surgeon (I almost did!, but when I called one of the approved offices, It sounded like they weren't sure of the whole process), thank goodness I was saved from all the hassle and of course $$$. I did lots of research online & was convinced not to do it.

If your DS 3025 states that "Vaccine History Incomplete, Applicant may be eligible for blanket waiver..." and you had your Medical exam within a year, then you're fine!. Just to be sure, I attached copies of the official receipt of my Medical exam and the Authenticated stamp on my passport given by the USCIS approved Medical facility (St Luke's) after completing the entire process successfully.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

If your DS 3025 states that "Vaccine History Incomplete, Applicant may be eligible for blanket waiver..." and you had your Medical exam within a year, then you're fine!

Yes, but only if all the required vaccines were done.

Edited by didopage

K-1 Visa Timeline AOS Timeline

- Aug 31st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F package - May 29th, 2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package

- Apr 13th, 2012 - Visa received - Aug 24th, 2012 - Green Card received

ROC Timeline

- May 19th, 2014 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

- Aug 8th, 2014 - Green Card received

N-400 Timeline

- Dec 29th, 2021 - Filed online. Got notice that biometrics will be reused.

- Now waiting...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Just had my Biometrics today and I didn't have to go to a Civil Surgeon (I almost did!, but when I called one of the approved offices, It sounded like they weren't sure of the whole process), thank goodness I was saved from all the hassle and of course $$$. I did lots of research online & was convinced not to do it.

If your DS 3025 states that "Vaccine History Incomplete, Applicant may be eligible for blanket waiver..." and you had your Medical exam within a year, then you're fine!. Just to be sure, I attached copies of the official receipt of my Medical exam and the Authenticated stamp on my passport given by the USCIS approved Medical facility (St Luke's) after completing the entire process successfully.

Just because you had biometrics doesn't mean anything... you can still be RFE'd.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys,

My mom and dad were here on tourist Visa I am a US citizen. My mom and dad does not want me to petition them while they are on the Philippines since they dont really wanna stay here in US and they said they are too old and phil is their home(74 and 76). But I was able to convince them to visit me and my kids since its I havent seen them in 5 yrs and they havent seen my youngerst baby. Now that they are here they are enjoying their grandkids and same thing with my boys. I was able to convince them to stay with me (although my dad still alittle hesitant ) I was reading the forum and blog and learned about the adjustment of status I am trying to submit it on their 5th month of stay but I have problems. My mothers maiden name is different from my birthcertificate and hers by 1 letter will it matter since its only her moms middle name also my mom and dad were married twice civil and church. My birthcertificate shows their church wedding although I know we normally use the ceivil wedding but I got both paper works although the church is not NSO copy. But my mom has an atty.certification would that work? thanks everyone God bless

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi guys,

My mom and dad were here on tourist Visa I am a US citizen. My mom and dad does not want me to petition them while they are on the Philippines since they dont really wanna stay here in US and they said they are too old and phil is their home(74 and 76). But I was able to convince them to visit me and my kids since its I havent seen them in 5 yrs and they havent seen my youngerst baby. Now that they are here they are enjoying their grandkids and same thing with my boys. I was able to convince them to stay with me (although my dad still alittle hesitant ) I was reading the forum and blog and learned about the adjustment of status I am trying to submit it on their 5th month of stay but I have problems. My mothers maiden name is different from my birthcertificate and hers by 1 letter will it matter since its only her moms middle name also my mom and dad were married twice civil and church. My birthcertificate shows their church wedding although I know we normally use the ceivil wedding but I got both paper works although the church is not NSO copy. But my mom has an atty.certification would that work? thanks everyone God bless

I think you don't need Marriage certificate, even if you need it 1 letter will not be a difference. In many non english speaking countries we have different words which are pronounced as same so this is an obvious confusion and it always happens.

In my birthplace whether u keep A in the middle or not, it is pronounced the same way, so my lawyer asked me to submit my passport copy and birth certificate without changing them...

So don't worry 1 letter doesn't make a difference if it belongs to same person.

Although you may attach a notarized copy stating this issue...

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I think you don't need Marriage certificate, even if you need it 1 letter will not be a difference. In many non english speaking countries we have different words which are pronounced as same so this is an obvious confusion and it always happens.

In my birthplace whether u keep A in the middle or not, it is pronounced the same way, so my lawyer asked me to submit my passport copy and birth certificate without changing them...

So don't worry 1 letter doesn't make a difference if it belongs to same person.

Although you may attach a notarized copy stating this issue...

Thank you very much I will get a certfication from a lawyer thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Hey everyone,

My wife and I have filed June 1st and we are still waiting on immigration to process our I-485. We have been told that they are still working on May cases as of right now. Has anyone else gone through this?

blk-event.png

Timeline

Hey everyone,

My wife and I have filed June 1st and we are still waiting on immigration to process our I-485. We have been told that they are still working on May cases as of right now. Has anyone else gone through this?

Has your case been transferred to CSC? Please update your timeline and profile. The timeline is highly variable, some cases from the end of 2011 are still being processed...

- Aug 31st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F package - May 29th, 2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package

ROC Timeline

N-400 Timeline

- Now waiting...

• 3 weeks later...

Today the USCIS site said the is is in the mail!!whistling.gif

Congrats!

Timeline for I-130 and I-485 and I-765

06/07/2010 - Married

06/30/2012 - I-130 package mailed (filed separately)

07/03/2012 - Package received

07/05/2012 - NOA1 received

03/08/2013 - NOA2 received (Approval notice)

07/03/2013 - I-485/I-765 package sent

07/08/2013 - Package received

07/11/2013 - NOA1 for I-485/I-765 received

07/16/2013 - Biometrics Notice received

08/07/2013 - Biometrics completed

08/21/2013 - Notice to appear for interview received. Scheduled for 09/26/2013

09/05/2013 - Notice of EAD approval received

09/13/2013 - EAD delivered by USPS

09/26/2013 - Interview - ***Approved***

09/27/2013 - Card/Document production

09/27/2013 - Permanent Residence status registered- notice mailed

10/03/2013 - NOA2 for I-485/Welcome Letter received

10/04/2013 - Received an update- Card mailed

10/09/2013 - Card Received

To God Be The Glory Great Things He has Done!!!

Filed: Country: France
Timeline

Hey everyone, I just have a question. I am a US Citizen and my girlfriend is from France, we have been dating for about 2 years now. She is currently here until May on a B-1 Business Visa with her job. I was planning on surprising her around Xmas and Proposing. I was wondering if we were to be married before her 6 Month B-1 is up can I just apply for Adjustment of status? Does she have to return to France at all? Of course this all depends on on if she says Yes!

Timeline

Hey everyone, I just have a question. I am a US Citizen and my girlfriend is from France, we have been dating for about 2 years now. She is currently here until May on a B-1 Business Visa with her job. I was planning on surprising her around Xmas and Proposing. I was wondering if we were to be married before her 6 Month B-1 is up can I just apply for Adjustment of status? Does she have to return to France at all? Of course this all depends on on if she says Yes!

Yes, if you propose, get married and AOS while she's here (it's legal as long as she didn't enter the US with the intent to immigrate on her non-immigrant visa.... Which obviously she had not). If she leaves the US, her AOS will be considered abandoned, so she will have to stay. If she leaves, you guys will have to start the process for a spousal visa in order for her to come back permanently. The process takes a while, 8-10 months, more or less.

Edited by didopage

ROC Timeline

N-400 Timeline

- Now waiting...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I would suggest - propose her during Thanksgiving itself, if you get married then getting marriage license and then certified copy will take atleast 2-3 weeks.

Arranging all the documents and filing will again take time based on availability of all the documents (she might have to bring documents from france).

One last thing - do whatever but don't let her leave USA, otherwise your AOS will be dismissed and it will take a lot of time to bring her back.

All the best...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

did all the above, we still under one years, i was waiting for the GC received and RFE to go to the civil surgeon and redo the whole vaccination stuff, i figured it will be easier to do it than fighting it, so payed more than $300, sent the doctor letter and i am still worried because my wife is pregnant and she can't have any vaccine at this time, so i don't know what they gonna say.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.