476 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone. My wife and i married november 2, 2012. Her visa in her passport was stamped upon entry to the usa. Do we need to apply for aos before the 90 day period is over? Also what is the biometrics portion? Is that the part performed by the civil surgon? Also where can we get the medical done hete in seattle washington and how much is it?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi everyone. My wife and i married november 2, 2012. Her visa in her passport was stamped upon entry to the usa. Do we need to apply for aos before the 90 day period is over? Also what is the biometrics portion? Is that the part performed by the civil surgon? Also where can we get the medical done hete in seattle washington and how much is it?

Biometric is different, that is done by the USCIS and they won't charge you anything extra for that.

I-693 is something where you need a Civil Surgeon. I-693 should be completed before you file your application. If you have all your vaccination record then you can find some CS who can fill the form at very less cost otherwise vaccination will cost you a lot.

I got all my required vaccinations through my Insurance and went to Surgeon with the records. He charged 200 his fee + 70 for TV Xray. In many cities Surgeons dont charge much.

go thru the below link:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=eb1f3591ec04d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD

I'm stressed!i'm only one step away my green card for permanent status was approved on Oct.26 2012 but it always flagged undelivered because they messed up with my address instead of putting Apt.B they put Apt.D.So i changed it but still they didn't changed it and yesterday it was the 3rd times that my G.C is still undelivered and find out that they still put Apt.D.Hopefully they fixed it this time. :(

Timeline

I'm stressed!i'm only one step away my green card for permanent status was approved on Oct.26 2012 but it always flagged undelivered because they messed up with my address instead of putting Apt.B they put Apt.D.So i changed it but still they didn't changed it and yesterday it was the 3rd times that my G.C is still undelivered and find out that they still put Apt.D.Hopefully they fixed it this time. :(

the thing is there's no apt.D i just wonder why the letter from the uscis before they send GC even it was address to apt.D since there is no apt.D they put in our mailbox.But now because it was a priority mail they hold it and send back.

Biometric is different, that is done by the USCIS and they won't charge you anything extra for that.

I-693 is something where you need a Civil Surgeon. I-693 should be completed before you file your application. If you have all your vaccination record then you can find some CS who can fill the form at very less cost otherwise vaccination will cost you a lot.

I got all my required vaccinations through my Insurance and went to Surgeon with the records. He charged 200 his fee + 70 for TV Xray. In many cities Surgeons dont charge much.

go thru the below link:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=eb1f3591ec04d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD

What is the TV Xray for?

Nov 14, 2011 - I-129F packet sent.

Nov 15, 2011 - Packet received and signed by (J. Authur)

Nov 18, 2011 - NOA1 (Notice by text message and Email)

Mar 02, 2012 - NOA2 (Notice by text message and Email) [Took 105 days]

Mar 07, 2012 - NOA2 Hard copy arrived by mail.

Mar 19, 2012 - NVC recieved my case.

Mar 20, 2012 - NVC fowarded my case to US embassy in DR.

April 05, 2012 - DOS gave us our interview date. (May 14th)

Dec 20, 2012 - I-485 packet sent.

Dec 21, 2012 - Packet recieved and signed by (...)

Dec 27, 2012 - NOA1 (Notice by text message and Email)

Jan 6, 2013 - NOA1 (Hard copies by mail)

Timeline

What is the TV Xray for?

To check if you are susceptible or you have TB...

If you have taken BCG vaccine during childhood then your initial TB test will come positive but X-ray will tell you exactly if you have TB or not...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thread hijack post removed, as I already split her question from another post.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

• 1 month later...

Quick question please, we are in the process of filing for AOS, I came in on the K-1 visa. I am confused about what last name to use in the forms, do I use the same last name (my maiden name) in my Passport & K-1 visa, or should I use my now married (husband's) last name? worried if there'll be any clash/confusion on the USCIS side. My Social Security Card has my husband's last name. Thanks for any help I can get.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

About to file AOS for my hubby he has a k2 visa and my step son has a k3. Please help me I dont know where to start. Where do get the papers and how much does it cost I am so lost right now and the papers need to be send off by the 17. Plz help

Timeline

Quick question please, we are in the process of filing for AOS, I came in on the K-1 visa. I am confused about what last name to use in the forms, do I use the same last name (my maiden name) in my Passport & K-1 visa, or should I use my now married (husband's) last name? worried if there'll be any clash/confusion on the USCIS side. My Social Security Card has my husband's last name. Thanks for any help I can get.

use your new name and provide your marriage certificate. All your documents including passport can be in any name as long as those names are mentioned on your marriage certificate.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

use your new name and provide your marriage certificate. All your documents including passport can be in any name as long as those names are mentioned on your marriage certificate.

I have a question about AOS too, i came by k1 n married within 90 days, my marriage certificate just has my single name as the recorder didn't ask for name change after married and we didn't know about that. I sent my AOS papers by using my new name, i used my christian name as my first name (i sent my baptizm letter as the only evidence), my single name as my middle name and my husband last name as my last name ( i sent my marriage certificate). I also sent my DoD card copy as my husband is active member in military and it has my new name. Do you think it will be okay?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.