476 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

Oh Wow. This is exactly the feedback that I was looking for. I really appreciate your time telling me your experience. And I'm going to go ahead and start gathering together all the things needed for this process. To tell you the truth one of the main reasons why I was thinking of hiring a lawyer was because this whole process seems bit I mean not "bit" "very" overwhelming to me. But like you said "it is not always guaranteed that the lawyer will do things the proper way." So might as well take a shot. Thank you once again for your feedback. Have a great day!

You are welcome. Maybe this will help, I used this thread to gather all my documentation: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/235331-aos-ead-ap-from-k1-the-aussie-way-doc-list-included/

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

answers in red above.

I heard that if you overstayed your visa(H1), you need to file I-485A with $1000 fee in addition to I-485 form & fee.

Anybody has info about this?

Thanks !

Get Fit > Learn > Work Harder >> Earn your Happiness !

May GOD bless All !

2007 - Entered, Start work in USA on H1B

2010 - Met my now wife :-)

2012 - Got married -> I Do !

July, 2012 - Preparing AOS package

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I heard that if you overstayed your visa(H1), you need to file I-485A with $1000 fee in addition to I-485 form & fee.

Anybody has info about this?

Thanks !

no

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi,

I'm hoping to find some help here. I am completely confused and frustrated and i need to know exactly what to do.

I was a permanent resident and I (I am their mother) petitioned for my two children who were under 21 years of age in 2009. They are now 21 years of age and 22 years of age. I just became a citizen of the united states. I would like to do adjustment of status for my children so their status could be changed to Immediate Relative. Their I 130 sent off feb of 2009 and it was approved march of 2010.

They were forwarded to consular processing, i recently received a letter from their country stating that a visa is available for both of them. I notified the embassy and they emailed me back saying i should just file adjustment of status.

I was wondering what steps to take for their processing to be completed in the united states..

Also i have a letter for one of them stating they are entitled to the CSPA act, I was reading about it but i didn't quite understand the qualifications. I was wondering if any of my kids qualify for the "opt out" option. if they do qualify, do i need to notify immigration? Or do i include the letter in the package?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

You are welcome. Maybe this will help, I used this thread to gather all my documentation: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/235331-aos-ead-ap-from-k1-the-aussie-way-doc-list-included/

Thank you so much for your help!

I sent my package exactly a week ago. Hope to hear something pretty soon!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello all VJ'ers...im just a bit getting confused...please help needed again.im filling-up all the forms needed for my AOS but i have too much worries about some questions.

my husband got the I-797 NOA last year of June 22,2011 Valid from 10/07/2011 to 02/07/2012 for me as a K-1 Fiance Visa but I got here April 21,2012...

1. Does it mean that the NOA that I'm going to include in my I-485 is invalid?

2. I dont know which is the right number of A#,is it the A# from the I-797 NOA?what i see in my A# is 9 numbers with this format 012-345-678.

3. On the G-325A, what will I put on the File Number ? coz i also see the A letter on the box of that File Number...

4. Is the Alien Registration Number & the File Number be the same?

I will really be glad to appreciate all the answers so i would be successfully fulfill all the forms and send it to file my Adjustment of Status...

Rose Marie Agee...wow.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I saw that there this an online application for adjustment of status I just cannot remember the link. I'm just wondering how to apply my own AOS through online.? thanks for the answers :bonk:

I saw that there this an online application for adjustment of status I just cannot remember the link. I'm just wondering how to apply my own AOS through online.? thanks for the answers :bonk:

You might want to see the FAQs about the new USCIS Electronic System here: USCIS ELIS Frequently Asked Questions

I wanted to note that your listed as a K-1 visa holder. Currently K-1's are not eligible to apply in this form. They must still apply by paper. This could change in the near future, however.

Edited by Thomas and Kristi

Total elapsed time between filing I-129F to GC in hand 569 days or 1 Year, 6 months, 22 days.

Timeline

You might want to see the FAQs about the new USCIS Electronic System here: USCIS ELIS Frequently Asked Questions

I wanted to note that your listed as a K-1 visa holder. Currently K-1's are not eligible to apply in this form. They must still apply by paper. This could change in the near future, however.

thank you very much this really helps!!!!!!!!! :yes:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there! I'm amazed of how helpful this website is! I have a question, I would appreciate it if anyone can help.

I'm currently applying for AOS through my husband. I don't have an employment permit yet. I have been working since I was 18 years old now 22. I quit my job because I'm applying for AOS and my husband thought that would be the most ideal thing to do. How ever, I find myself wanting to go back to work. Does anyone know what USCIS does to people who are working without a permit when they're in the process of AOS? or even when they were not applying? Has anyone had this experience before? Thank you, and would appreciate any answers. Please no disrespect.

Timeline

PAX!

Hi fellow VJ-ers

I'm actually planning to send our AOS's for me as K-1 visa holder and for my daughter under k-2

i'm quite confused

1. my husband cannot meet income requirements, does he still need to file form i-864 if that is the case?

2. since husband cannot meet the income requirements we will be asking his dad to sponsor for us, so what kind of form does he (my husband's dad) need to fill-up?

* I-864 or *I-864A

3. I'm also planning to send my I-765 with my application is it necessary that I'll be using the same passport pictures i sent for my I-485? or would it be okay if have a different set for this?

THANKS EVERYONE AND GOD BLESS!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi Aron,

I received your email id from one of my friend named Shiva.

I am in USA currently on L1 visa. I will marry a US citizen next month. I want to apply for a permanent residency and seek your help.

I am not sure if I can travel but I will be travelling to India in January for 3 weeks starting 10th Jan.

Should I start my processing after coming back from India or I can start it now?

I guess if I marry and file by end of october i should have my Biometrics done by end of December and I am good to go as I can't do anything except waiting for the card to arrive. But one of my friend told me that I can't leave US once my I485 is under processing.

Please suggest if I should start the processing now and how can you help me through my GC process.

Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.