^_^

Petitioners and beneficiaries - Stop whining about the government shutdown!

94 posts in this topic

Finally people making sense. Just keep in mind if they do not fix our economic problems and cut government spending there will be no America to bring your loved one too. America has for to long spent more money then it brings in, we all need to make sacrifices. Both Democrats and Republicans need to realize we can no longer spend the way we have been and if shutting down the Government is what it takes for them to realize that. Then I am ready to make that sacrifice even if it means I have to wait an extra month or 2. But more then likely at most it would be a few days to weeks. If it is longer then that I will be on another plane back to Cambodia.

And for people crying for socialized insurances and entitlements you might want to research what happen to Argentina when they went to socialized society it has never worked, it has always bankrupted countries.

Yea. The UK is very bankrupt. Very.

03/09/2011 AOS Application Sent.
03/11/2011 (Day 0) Application Received
03/16/2011 (Day 7) NOA 1 (Text Email)+ (Checks Cashed)
03/19/2011 (Day 10) Hard Copy of NOA 1
03/28/2011 (Day 19) Biometrics letter 4/8/2011
04/08/2011 (Day 30) Successful Biometrics for I-765/I-485
05/13/2011 (Day 65) EAD received in the mail
05/14/2011 (Day 66) Email confirming EAD approved (Case updated online TOUCH)
05/20/2011 (Day 72) SSN In the Mail.

09/08/2011 (Day 200 ) Email notification of Interview.
10/11/2011 Interview at 26 Federal Plaza, NY!
Interviewed and Am expecting RFEs!
10/13/2011 (Day ***) Received RFE-- Requesting that I provide documentation to prove I was never married in Uk or Illin
02/11/2012 (Day ***) Service request..Told its being reviewed by supervisor

24th March 2012!!!!!!!!!!! Email notifiying me of CARD IN PRODUCTION
03/26/2012 (Day 376) Emails confirming that my I-130 and I-485 have been approved.

4/2/2012 Green Card In Hand!

Unbelievable that my journey took this long but Im thankful

Next Stop Premed...Yup!

3/24/2014 Application for conditions to be removed

9/22/2014 APPROVED without interview.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Have you no sympathy? I am about to Express Mail my wife's N-400 packet tomorrow, and it is very likely, there will be nobody in Phoenix to sign for it at the other end.

OMG! I just looked in the mirror, and I am going bald! #######!

Help me Mambo Obamo Mama! Make the voices in my head stop before go back to being a lice infested hippie!!

:thumbs:

Jen

"Canadian in Georgia"

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

You're navigating through a system that already has a lot of variability built in when it comes to how long your petition or application takes from filing to approval. Which service center your petition goes to. Which consulate your approved petition goes to. The day of the freakin' week the service center receives your petition. Whether you paid by check or money order. Whether the foreign beneficiary can get a medical appointment in a timely manner or not. Whether the asswipes who share a country with the foreign beneficiary feel like blowing up a bus stand or start a riot the day before the interview. I could go on but you get the point. There are already a million different things that cause each one of us to have a slightly different timeline than the other.

And you want to whine about the government shutdown?

It is but one more variable in a long series of many. And it isn't even the most impactful.

So stfu about the shutdown already. This shutdown debate is about something a lot bigger than you or I.

Welcome to camp Quicherbitchen. Reality its whats for dinner.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

And you want to whine about the government shutdown?

It is but one more variable in a long series of many. And it isn't even the most impactful.

So stfu about the shutdown already. This shutdown debate is about something a lot bigger than you or I.

When it will cost getting hired for a job because work approval is delated, in this job market, it is a very big deal!!!!!

The debate in Washington is between millionair congress/exec and oligarchs over who gets what. So spare me the "bigger than you or I" stuff. The people who control 80%+ nation's wealth are not paying for 80%+ of the expenses. So they run us in debt and now want the balance of the wealth owners to pay the bill and suffer the results.

Besides, the visas are funded like the post office by the customer. However the postoffice will be open.

I think the problem with the posting about the shut down is kind of amusing.

There are many people in this country who don't understand the shut down; so I definitely wouldn't expect people from other countries to understand either. And it's totally normal to want to know how the shut down will affect the visa process. That's not whining; that's just wanting information.

So, people come to the site, look in the area that's important to them; like K1 process. They don't see a post that addresses their question about how the shut down affects the process, so they ask. Their post then disappears to the P&R section where it annoys the people there. And then the next person comes to K1 looking for a topic about the shut down, they don't see one so they post their queston, and the cycle continues.

The people in P&R have no interest in the shut down and the people who want to know about the shut down have no interest in P&R. Perfect.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Who are you to tell me what I can or can't complain about. I've been dealing with this process for a year and now that I'm at the last stage with a few weeks to go this happens. This is a heck of a lot more impactful than just waiting x number of days to make up for the shutdown. People are still sending in petitions which will now be backlogged even worse. Interviews and appointments that have to be cancelled will be rescheduled making another backlog at that step. So I can complain if I want and if you don't like it that's just too damn bad. You can skip reading my posts and STFU yourself.

I agree with you on this! This guy should go STFU!

I am literally at the end of my Journey after more than 16 months of waiting we are finally almost done at the NVC literally with in a week of getting out of there and now this happens! I am ready to scream!

When it will cost getting hired for a job because work approval is delated, in this job market, it is a very big deal!!!!!

The debate in Washington is between millionair congress/exec and oligarchs over who gets what. So spare me the "bigger than you or I" stuff. The people who control 80%+ nation's wealth are not paying for 80%+ of the expenses. So they run us in debt and now want the balance of the wealth owners to pay the bill and suffer the results.

Besides, the visas are funded like the post office by the customer. However the postoffice will be open.

:thumbs:

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

There are plenty of threads about this in the Politics/Religion forum.

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mongolia
Timeline

Many people don't realize that there is a political forum here. Why would I come to VJ to talk politics? I wouldn't have discovered this post if it weren't by chance. And this is what I get. Some guy with a bunch of hearts under his name (so supposedly a know it all) telling me not to worry about a government shutdown because of the variables? It's upsurd. I'm over seven months into the process. We are clinging onto our sanity. Day by day, we are waiting to hear that our petition has been approved, while other members here who filed long after we did are celebrating their NOA2s. If this isn't a place for us to vent to each other and encourage one another, why are we here? It's just poor taste, and this guy is simply a bunghole who enjoys looking down on people who are stressed out.

event.png

Served in Peace Corps in Mongolia as a volunteer English teacher May 2008- July 2010.

August 2009 - Met Khandaa

June 2010 - Proposed

July 2010 - Returned from Mongolia

August 28, 2010 - Applied to VSC K1 129-F

September 2, 2010 - NOA1 Received

October 7, 2010 - check cashed

NO WORD FROM VSC - MANY ATTEMPTS TO GATHER MORE INFORMATION

March 16, 2011 - Finally allowed to submit service requestt - (told to wait 30 days for reply)

March 28, 2011 - Service Request Denied. They have an incorrect filing date in their system (10.01.10). Searching for a way to rectify this.

May 2, 2011 - NOA2

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My wife is here...so I don't care if this government shuts down or not.

hahhaha hope you two gets burned.. and i hope she speaks enough english to understand. ... you're just a lil fool ya know.. u da only one who care about her..

You say bad things. I don't like you!

I'm glad you were strait forward and nice about it.. .. next time.. dont treat em so nicely..

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Ya, I moved this thread to General Immigration Discussion Forum -

The backstory on 'why' the government is shutting down IS political, but the OP did not address that, at all, hence the move.

The shutdown may or may not affect USCIS/NVC/Consular activities, and it's to the 'greater good' that this actually be an immigration topic.

Since the OP directly addressed the IMMIGRATION aspect of the shutdown, and not anything political CONCERNING the shutdown, I moved it to where it would get the right exposure.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Timeline

The people who control 80%+ nation's wealth are not paying for 80%+ of the expenses.

Actually, the top 10% pays the vast majority of everyones expenses. Read a book, willya?

I'm over seven months into the process. We are clinging onto our sanity.

If your sanity is that easily disrupted, I suggest you proactively seek the help you need. Life is tough. The challenges don't end here.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.