^_^

Petitioners and beneficiaries - Stop whining about the government shutdown!

94 posts in this topic

I'm not affected. They can whine all they want. But a little perspective never hurt nobody.

Which means it did hurt somebody. Double negatives are such a bummer. It's an ill wind that never blows anybody any good.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Anyway, there are alternatives, instead of bringing your spouse to the US, you could re consider moving to your spouse's country for the better life, happiness and the persuit of love!

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Finally people making sense. Just keep in mind if they do not fix our economic problems and cut government spending there will be no America to bring your loved one too. America has for to long spent more money then it brings in, we all need to make sacrifices. Both Democrats and Republicans need to realize we can no longer spend the way we have been and if shutting down the Government is what it takes for them to realize that. Then I am ready to make that sacrifice even if it means I have to wait an extra month or 2. But more then likely at most it would be a few days to weeks. If it is longer then that I will be on another plane back to Cambodia.

Couldn't have said it better myself ... ;-)

And for people crying for socialized insurances and entitlements you might want to research what happen to Argentina when they went to socialized society it has never worked, it has always bankrupted countries.

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”

Not that it matters to the current wave of people going through the process - but as far back as I can remember - there have been hiccups. Like not typical process hiccups (like RFE) - but major changes that caused delays to people. Like IMBRA a few years back, or the pause in processing DCF, closing of consulates due to security issues etc etc. There is always something that is a "major" disruption. Then as quickly as it happened - it is forgotten. It's just a moment. The only common thing is the reaction and how horrible it all is. I can't help but think how stressed out people must be to have a sky is falling reaction to a possible few weeks delay.

Filed: Timeline

Not that it matters to the current wave of people going through the process - but as far back as I can remember - there have been hiccups. Like not typical process hiccups (like RFE) - but major changes that caused delays to people. Like IMBRA a few years back, or the pause in processing DCF, closing of consulates due to security issues etc etc. There is always something that is a "major" disruption. Then as quickly as it happened - it is forgotten. It's just a moment. The only common thing is the reaction and how horrible it all is. I can't help but think how stressed out people must be to have a sky is falling reaction to a possible few weeks delay.

Exactly. It's bigger picture time.

Ya, I moved this thread to General Immigration Discussion Forum -

The backstory on 'why' the government is shutting down IS political, but the OP did not address that, at all, hence the move.

The shutdown may or may not affect USCIS/NVC/Consular activities, and it's to the 'greater good' that this actually be an immigration topic.

Since the OP directly addressed the IMMIGRATION aspect of the shutdown, and not anything political CONCERNING the shutdown, I moved it to where it would get the right exposure.

The easy solution is for the government to pass a budget and then no more worrying about this topic. :thumbs:

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Anyway, there are alternatives, instead of bringing your spouse to the US, you could re consider moving to your spouse's country for the better life, happiness and the persuit of love!

good.gif

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

I<div><br></div><div>I'm now living with my wife in Asia, while the USA determines if they feel im good enough to be with my wife.  We just decided to live together in my wifes country.  Its been a long time now, Maybe one day they will surprise us and approve otherwise this is my new home</div>

Edited by Adam and Thet

07-24-2009 Received NOA1
08-05-2009 Touched
10-02-2009 I-797C for Biometrics Appt
10-26-2009 Biometrics Appt. Completed
05-11-2010 Request for Evidence on both the I129F and I130
07-01-2010 Case Transferred to Vermont Service Center
10-20-2011 Contacted Ombudsman
02-07-2012 Case denied after almost 3 years =(
03-07-2012 Appeal Filed!
01-20-2013 Contacted Ombudsman again...

06-25-2013 EOIR Appeal Review

Visit my blog at http://goo.gl/ON4wG/

atckcgod5n.png

Tell my fiancee that another month of waiting won't make much of a difference.

10/01/2010: Engaged
10/29/2010: I-129f sent UPS to TX
11/02/2010: I-129f delivered to TX service center @ 12:13 PM
11/08/2010: Check to Homeland Security cleared
11/13/2010: NOA1 received

04/26/2011: NOA2 received

06/07/2011: Interview date

06/09/2011: Visa received

06/18/2011: US entry

06/25/2011: Marriage

07/28/2011: Employment Authorization Document filed

10/03/2011: EAD approved

10/06/2011: EAD received

09/30/2012: Matthew Jacob born!

08/27/2013: I-751 sent FedEx to Vermont

01/11/2014: New green card received

Do you work at the Vermont Service Center? They seem to have the same attitude. It's "just" more time added on to the extra time we already have to wait because they can't keep up. It's "just" paperwork...not real people waiting to begin a life together.

Best of luck to you all!

10/01/2010: Engaged
10/29/2010: I-129f sent UPS to TX
11/02/2010: I-129f delivered to TX service center @ 12:13 PM
11/08/2010: Check to Homeland Security cleared
11/13/2010: NOA1 received

04/26/2011: NOA2 received

06/07/2011: Interview date

06/09/2011: Visa received

06/18/2011: US entry

06/25/2011: Marriage

07/28/2011: Employment Authorization Document filed

10/03/2011: EAD approved

10/06/2011: EAD received

09/30/2012: Matthew Jacob born!

08/27/2013: I-751 sent FedEx to Vermont

01/11/2014: New green card received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Do you work at the Vermont Service Center? They seem to have the same attitude. It's "just" more time added on to the extra time we already have to wait because they can't keep up. It's "just" paperwork...not real people waiting to begin a life together.

Best of luck to you all!

Did he slam the door when he left? How rude !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.