^_^

Petitioners and beneficiaries - Stop whining about the government shutdown!

94 posts in this topic

BFH_ObamaENewman.gif

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Even if it's a month... so WHAT! Geez. People have petitions sitting with service centers for months. People have AP processes that last months. Who cares?

CLearly you arent waiting for anything....and if you did in the past have no rememberance of how it was to wait and want to be with the person you love....keep that to yourself..we are here to support each other!

Filed: Timeline

my two cents the goverment has way too many issues and immigration is one of them thats why many dont do things the right way cause it takes a lot of time and patience belive it or not we are on the right track our loved one will come to the united states the right way and not be scared of immigration and have rights..keep in mind the goverment is never broke they get paid every week out of our salaries and plus the money they collect out or every case here on vj if they shut down a couple of weeks big deal we are already set back some months and it will take an extra couple of months but if we waited this long a little more aint gonna hurt...plus for those that are stressed about it leave it alone your gonna lose sleep etc or somthing that the goverment cant afford to be down too long it will cause more damage to the economy..so people dont make yourself suffer with polotics or the news you will go nuts relax and remember when this all said and done it was worth the wait hopefully we chose the right person to be our wife or husband?????

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline

You're navigating through a system that already has a lot of variability built in when it comes to how long your petition or application takes from filing to approval. Which service center your petition goes to. Which consulate your approved petition goes to. The day of the freakin' week the service center receives your petition. Whether you paid by check or money order. Whether the foreign beneficiary can get a medical appointment in a timely manner or not. Whether the asswipes who share a country with the foreign beneficiary feel like blowing up a bus stand or start a riot the day before the interview. I could go on but you get the point. There are already a million different things that cause each one of us to have a slightly different timeline than the other.

And you want to whine about the government shutdown?

It is but one more variable in a long series of many. And it isn't even the most impactful.

So stfu about the shutdown already. This shutdown debate is about something a lot bigger than you or I.

Whining about whining.... Very productive.

Someone get this guy a tissue. Quick!

and prepare for the useless reply.

DELETE THIS ACCOUNT!

Filed: Timeline

CLearly you arent waiting for anything....and if you did in the past have no rememberance of how it was to wait and want to be with the person you love....keep that to yourself..we are here to support each other!

I have waited. And then she came here and we got married and the challenges kept on coming! It happens. It is life. Learn to deal with it without constantly being on the verge of losing your sanity else one day... you will lose your sanity.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Just one more thing for all the Republican haters out there and no I am not one I am very much a Independent but I am well informed: If the Democrats would have done a budget when they had control of all 3 parts of the government none of this would be happening if you can not see it is a political ploy by the Democrats then you are dumber then they are. They had control until Jan of this year the budget was due last year. Stop blaming the Republicans if the Democrats would have done there job we would not be here..........

Daniel

K-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

I-129F Sent : Feb 9,2011

I-129F Received :In Texas then sent to CSC Feb 11,2011

Check cashed and in Initial Review : Feb 16,2011

I-129F NOA1 Hard Copy : Feb 15 2011

TOUCHED 04/04/2011 Is it wrong to be happy to be touched by a stranger?

I-129F RFE(s) : None

I-129F NOA2 :05/27/2011

NVC Received :06/09/2011

NVC Left : 06/27/2011

Consulate Received : 07/01/2011

Packet 3 Received : 07/18/2011

Packet 3 Sent : 07/19/2011

Medical Exam : 07/19/2011

Packet 4 Received :07/25/2011

Interview Date :09/13/2011

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 09\16\2011

US Entry : 09\20\2011

Marriage :09/22/2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Whining about whining.... Very productive.

Heh.

Seems more like whining about people that actually do have a legitimate problem and one that requires we interact with out legislators about. A public policy question necessitates public discussion.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

This is the most ridiculous and egotistical post I have seen to date. People like the OP make me sick. Sit and wait and be "patient" all you want, but don't complain about those of us who realize this is unacceptable. :bonk:

09/21/10 - I-129F Sent!

09/23/10 - I-129F Received in Dallas, TX

09/28/10 - Text & E-mail NOA1 (It was at 12:44AM, weird) Notification that our case was transferred to VSC.

09/29/10 - Check cashed

09/30/10 - NOA-1 Hard Copy dated Sep. 27, 2010

10/03/10 - TOUCH!

After numerous calls to USCIS, my two Texas Senators and a Congressman, the latter got an "expedite" put through (if you can call a month and a week after ONPT an expedite). Just never let up! Even though mine took way too long, there were people who were a month before me and waited longer because they just sat back and watched. "The squeaky wheel gets the grease!"

03/31/11 - NOA-2!

04/05/11 - Received NOA-2 hard copy.

04/07/11 - NVC Received

04/12/11 - Case left NVC via DHL

04/14/11 - Consulate Received Hard Copy of Case

event.png

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

This is "Visa journey" so if there was a good place to "whine" about how this is affecting our lives I would think this was it. I notice that the people who are telling everyone to look at the big picture and who think it's no big deal to wait a bit since you wait a long time anyways, are the people who are already done the process and with their loved ones. Think of the people who have an interview next week and have been waiting a year or more to get to that stage. I'm pretty sure this website was set up to help people get through their visa journey and vent to people who understand what they're going through. no?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

You're navigating through a system that already has a lot of variability built in when it comes to how long your petition or application takes from filing to approval. Which service center your petition goes to. Which consulate your approved petition goes to. The day of the freakin' week the service center receives your petition. Whether you paid by check or money order. Whether the foreign beneficiary can get a medical appointment in a timely manner or not. Whether the asswipes who share a country with the foreign beneficiary feel like blowing up a bus stand or start a riot the day before the interview. I could go on but you get the point. There are already a million different things that cause each one of us to have a slightly different timeline than the other.

It is but one more variable in a long series of many. And it isn't even the most impactful.

So stfu about the shutdown already. This shutdown debate is about something a lot bigger than you or I.

Great rant!!!!, but what the f*** is happening, I have been away....

event.png

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish

In the words of my wise husband....

Some people whine about politics; some people whine about immigration; but everybody whines.

:rofl:

This is all thoroughly entertaining. :thumbs:

Keep up the good works, guys!

K-1 Visa

Feb. 12, 2010 - Sent I-129F

Feb. 17, 2010 - NOA 1

Feb. 19, 2010 - Check Cashed!

Apr. 5, 2010 - NOA 2

Apr. 12, 2010 - NVC Received

Apr. 14, 2010 - Left NVC for Dominican Republic

Apr. 22, 2010 - Consulate Received!!

May 24, 2010 - Packet 4 Sent (Still haven't received it...)

June 29, 2010 - Packet 4 Received (Had to pick it up at the consulate)

July 9, 2010 - Interview Date...omg!!!!!

July 9, 2010 - Visa Approved!!! W00t, w00t!!!!!!

Oct. 1, 2010 - POE (very easy, no problems, and he even got approved to work!)

Oct. 20, 2010 - Married in Las Vegas baby!!!!

AOS

Dec. 3, 2010 - Sent AOS and EAD

Dec, 5, 2010 - I-485 and EAD received

Dec. 10, 2010 - Date of NOA 1

Dec. 11, 2010 - NOA 1 received in mail (they told us it would take week in the email =p)

Dec. 18, 2010 - Biometrics appointment notice received for January 12, 2010

Jan. 12, 2011 - Biometrics Appointment (Strange but fine)

Jan. 13, 2011 - Transfer to CSC NOA received (dated January 7, 2011)

Feb. 9, 2011 - Email notification of a Decision: AOS Approved!!!!

Feb. 11, 2011 - Email notification Green Card in mail

Feb. 17, 2011 - Green card received!!!! The card wasn't green =P

Anyone that wants to whine...go right ahead. You have every reason in the world to be upset. I know how hard it is to feel powerless over your future, and for these GD politicians to be playing games is ridiculous.

If it shuts down, I hope its quick and that you can all be with your loved ones soon. Pay no attention to those who forget how frustrating it is to NOT be able to start your lives together.

10/26/03 Met in Yahoo chat room
06-2004 Glyn flies to Boston for 2 week holiday with me in White Mountains
06/07/2006- HE PROPOSES!!
12/13/2006- Glyn and Simon the best man fly in for wedding.
December 16,2006- Happiest day of my life
12/25/2006- Best and worst Christmas ever. Glyn flies back to England at 6 pm Christmas Night.
02/19/2007- UK spousal visa approved in NY after only 4 days.
March 2,2007- Reunited in England with Glyn.
01/21/2008-mailed I-130 to USCIS in London
01/24/2008-NOA1
04/13/2008-Panic. RFE received
April 17, 2008-Mailed off again.
April 22, 2008-NOA2 received dated April 21, 2008.
April 26, 2008-Packet 3 received
April 28, 2008-Mailed off DS-230
May06,2008-Packet 3 sent
May 08, 2008-Medical scheduled
May 22,2008-Packet 4 received
June 03,2008-Interview APPROVED!!!!!

June 04, 2008-Visa in hand
June 20, 2008-Shippers come for our things.
June 25, 2008-Flying to the USA
November 15, 2010-Sent off VERY late I-751 along with many prayers.
04/09/2011-10 year GC arrives in mail.
09/08/2011-Glyn leaves for UK
01/30/2012-Biometrics for UK spousal & dependent visas sent out w/ application same day
02/24/2012-UK settlement visas issued

04/16/2013-I-130 sent off-----04/19/2013 NOA1

05/15/2013-NOA2

Never received packet 3 although it was mailed to us on May 29th

07/17/2013-Sent off packet 3 after finally getting ALL our documents together

08/19/2013-Medical scheduled (there were earlier appointments but unfortunately, we couldn't get there for them due to hubby's work)

09/24/2013-Interview APPROVED

11/01/2013-POE BOSTON

01/13/2014-10 Year green card received

03/09/2019- Sent I-130 to Chicago lock box for step-son

03/20/2019- NOA 1

08/10/2019-NOA 2

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.