Obama 2012

Captain Ewok - Your Moderators for OT Need to be Replaced

175 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
on the other hand, maybe if you're being subjected to moderator action frequently, perhaps it's you that needs to modify your behavior? :unsure:
Triple si, man (or, because this is plural, "men").
btw, it's krikit - not kriskit - she's not some variety of a cracker.
What if she lived in Georgia? And, wasn't "The Amazing Kriskit" a magician?

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I found the OT area to be completely useless and causes more problems than any other forum area I've seen on this site.

If you want to go talk about politices, religion or what Kim Kardashian is wearing..why do it on an IMMIGRATION forum??

I say remove the whole OT forum and you will have eliminated 99% of the problems on the VJ site.

Feb 14, 2010 - Engaged :-)
Apr 17, 2010 - Married
May 24, 2010 - I-130 Sent to USCIS
Oct 20, 2010 - : I-130 NOA2 APPROVED..GOD IS GOOD!!!!! smile.png
Oct 26, 2010 : NVC Received
Dec 06, 2010 - Case Complete at NVC
Jan 24, 2011 - Medical exam
Feb 24, 2011 - Passed, welcome to USA
Mar 04, 2011 - POE - Detroit, MI
Mar 14, 2011 - SSN# Rec'd
Mar 24, 2011 - smile.png GC and Welcome Letter
Sept 19, 2011- Filed I-130 for my son (his step son)
June 14, 2013-APPROVED, 10 YR GC IN THE MAIL

Mar 3, 2014- N-400

May 12, 2014 Interview for Citizenship- PASSED!

June 12th, USA citizen - Oath Ceremony...all done here!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Then don't click there.

Trust me I wouldn't waste my time! It serves no purpose to anyone who has the coming here looking for Immigration advice with intelligent responses.

Looks to me like the moderators have their hands full on that forum and I have to ask why when their service could be spent elsewhere..seems to me a no brainer to just eliminate the time suck!

Feb 14, 2010 - Engaged :-)
Apr 17, 2010 - Married
May 24, 2010 - I-130 Sent to USCIS
Oct 20, 2010 - : I-130 NOA2 APPROVED..GOD IS GOOD!!!!! smile.png
Oct 26, 2010 : NVC Received
Dec 06, 2010 - Case Complete at NVC
Jan 24, 2011 - Medical exam
Feb 24, 2011 - Passed, welcome to USA
Mar 04, 2011 - POE - Detroit, MI
Mar 14, 2011 - SSN# Rec'd
Mar 24, 2011 - smile.png GC and Welcome Letter
Sept 19, 2011- Filed I-130 for my son (his step son)
June 14, 2013-APPROVED, 10 YR GC IN THE MAIL

Mar 3, 2014- N-400

May 12, 2014 Interview for Citizenship- PASSED!

June 12th, USA citizen - Oath Ceremony...all done here!!

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Trust me I wouldn't waste my time! It serves no purpose to anyone who has the coming here looking for Immigration advice with intelligent responses.

Looks to me like the moderators have their hands full on that forum and I have to ask why when their service could be spent elsewhere..seems to me a no brainer to just eliminate the time suck!

Agree 100% with the bolded part .

People who are in OT , I'm pretty sure are not there looking for immigration advice. the forum does serve a purpose, though...imo.

If you look at the posters in OT, they are mainly comprised of folks that have either filed and are waiting out the next step, completed all their immigration stuff and are enjoying the discussions on current events/ GW ( ugh)/ or merely chit chatting with folks that are at the same stage of the process as them.

'Friendships' have formed and it's a way for folks to connect without cluttering up the immigration parts of the site with OFF TOPIC discussion/disagreement/opinion.

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

The moderators seem to spend a disproportionate time in OT/PR.

Why?

maybe that's where most of the reports are from? :unsure:

Please explain to me why on an immigration forum the mods seem to devote so much time to OT/PR- and lay the heavy mod hand down there for the slightesi infringement, carpet banning folks for the weakest of reasons...editing their posts.........-yet let so much #######/TOS violation go in the upper forums?

:bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

mods cannot edit a members post - only ewok can do that. mods can "remove" a post - i.e. remove it from general viewing, but it's still there. only ewok can delete a post.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

ocd.gif

FAIL! Any true sufferer has CDO, because then the letters are in alphabetical order (not that I'm obsessive, or anything :whistle: ).

As for the moderation on this site, I've been around for 6 years or so and apart from the very nature of the political discourse becoming more divisive between certain elements, entraining a higher number of personal insults and moderator input, things aren't so different around here. Sure, some people get away with a bit more than others, but maybe that's because the people they target are more tolerant of the apparent TOS violations than the other way round. But the getting personal has been going on forever, it has just gravitated toward what is now the P&R forum with the current political climate

Edited by Pooky

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

reported!

that emote is showing a violent action and is directed at me!

You are inhibiting my enjoyment of the site by imagining hitting my head with a hammer.

I feel threatened and I believe you should suffer sanctions!

jk ( of course).

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

maybe that's where most of the reports are from? :unsure:

mods cannot edit a members post - only ewok can do that. mods can "remove" a post - i.e. remove it from general viewing, but it's still there. only ewok can delete a post.

I cannot provide stats (only Ewok could), but I would guess that 50% of our mod activity is from OT and P&R. Also, most of the reports (I would guess 60%) are from the same ten members. Several of them are represented here. Enough said - except for those ten who will now scream about various terrible things without actually going elsewhwere. OMG Please.. Ewok, help us :lol: Mash the report button and scream... please... we ALL need to hear it :rofl:

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: Timeline

... most of the reports (I would guess 60%) are from the same ten members. Several of them are represented here. Enough said - except for those ten who will now scream about various terrible things without actually going elsewhwere. OMG Please.. Ewok, help us :lol: Mash the report button and scream... please... we ALL need to hear it :rofl:

As one of the ten, I am glad you find us so contemptible.