SunDrop

Calling all K-2 AOSers - past and present

398 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline

Ok, that's weird. Why would your kid get a letter, being under 14, and mine not get one? There's another member in the March AOS filers thread whose under-14-kid did not get a letter, and they're just as confused as I am about what to do...

The K1 journey:                                                                                                                             The AOS journey:

11/09/2013 - I-129F Packet mailed to Dallas Lockbox                                                                                         06/22/2015 - AOS packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox

02/14/2014 - Case shipped to Embassy, where it waited for over a year at my request                                 11/07/2015 - AOS approved (EAD and AP had already been approved) - there was no interview

05/21/2015 - Interview - Approved

06/19/2015 - Wedding (L) 

The ROC journey:                                                                                                                         

10/12/2017 - ROC packet mailed to VSC

01/21/2019 - ROC Approved - there was no interview

The N-400 journey:

02/16/2020 - N-400 application filed online

02/21/2020 - Paper NOA received in the mail

03/13/2020 - Biometrics

02/02/2021 - Interview & test - Approved

02/05/2021 - Oath Ceremony

JOrOp1.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
1 hour ago, SparklePony said:

Ok, that's weird. Why would your kid get a letter, being under 14, and mine not get one? There's another member in the March AOS filers thread whose under-14-kid did not get a letter, and they're just as confused as I am about what to do...

Maybe they change the way they do it? or try and call a tier 2 

Timeline

As I was getting everything ready to go tomorrow, I saw my 11-year old DID get a biometrics appointment  letter of her own. My oldest, who had retrieved the mail, just hadn't mentioned it. :rolleyes:

So I guess that handles that. :) Thanks for the help, though, as usual. It's very much appreciated. 

The K1 journey:                                                                                                                             The AOS journey:

11/09/2013 - I-129F Packet mailed to Dallas Lockbox                                                                                         06/22/2015 - AOS packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox

02/14/2014 - Case shipped to Embassy, where it waited for over a year at my request                                 11/07/2015 - AOS approved (EAD and AP had already been approved) - there was no interview

06/19/2015 - Wedding (L) 

The ROC journey:                                                                                                                         

The N-400 journey:

03/13/2020 - Biometrics

JOrOp1.png

Timeline
8 hours ago, SparklePony said:

As I was getting everything ready to go tomorrow, I saw my 11-year old DID get a biometrics appointment  letter of her own. My oldest, who had retrieved the mail, just hadn't mentioned it. :rolleyes:

So I guess that handles that. :) Thanks for the help, though, as usual. It's very much appreciated. 

Haha well that happens! ;) ... At least you don't have to think of that now. When you are there the office will give them a note for the school so they have a valid reason for being gone that day.

Timeline

They didn't! It was fairly fast and easy, too. The youngest just had her picture taken and one index finger fingerprinted. 

06/19/2015 - Wedding (L) 

The ROC journey:                                                                                                                         

The N-400 journey:

03/13/2020 - Biometrics

JOrOp1.png

Timeline
6 hours ago, SparklePony said:

They didn't! It was fairly fast and easy, too. The youngest just had her picture taken and one index finger fingerprinted. 

Yes that was it with mine Also :) you should have asked for the note them. They have it because they offered me it and when I gave it to the school they accepted it and he got an excused day off 

Timeline

I only just now realized that I typed it wrong - must have been the auto-correct on the iPad: they DID give me a note, with absolutely no problems. The officer told me upfront they would. Stoopid auto-correct.

06/19/2015 - Wedding (L) 

The ROC journey:                                                                                                                         

The N-400 journey:

03/13/2020 - Biometrics

JOrOp1.png

Timeline
1 hour ago, SparklePony said:

I only just now realized that I typed it wrong - must have been the auto-correct on the iPad: they DID give me a note, with absolutely no problems. The officer told me upfront they would. Stoopid auto-correct.

Good ;) 

My phone and I aren't always on the same page either haha

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi everyone!

I still have some questions.

1. I fill all forms, make copies of kids documents and then I send it at same same package as mine?

2. Do I need to fill g-325 (biografy) form for kid?

3. Kid do not need  His own Afidavite form?

Thank you!

I feel so frustrated last days, being pregnant, move to another part of world, non english speaking kids, ohh

Filling all these forms looks impossible.

Timeline
1 hour ago, SadFace said:

Hi everyone!

I still have some questions.

1. I fill all forms, make copies of kids documents and then I send it at same same package as mine?

2. Do I need to fill g-325 (biografy) form for kid?

3. Kid do not need  His own Afidavite form?

Thank you!

I feel so frustrated last days, being pregnant, move to another part of world, non english speaking kids, ohh

Filling all these forms looks impossible.

The english will come and they will be in ESOL so that will be good. Min started school in August and he is doing great still needs to learn more english but he is stil doing good since last August.

G-325A is not for kids under 14.

He will not need his own I-864 if he is filing AOS at the same time as you. He will just need a copy of yours. 

And yes just everything in the same package as yours :)

Timeline
25 minutes ago, SadFace said:

Is it any samples of filling forms 485 765 and 131 for child?

Im a bit confused how to fill last section with signature

You sign(your own name/signature) in the place where the child would have signed.

Edited by Georgia16

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.