SunDrop

Calling all K-2 AOSers - past and present

398 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Georgia16 said:

All you do is fill in a new form for the K-2 sign the right place and send the whole package back to them with a new check. That's it.

I-485, I-131 and I-765. If under 14 the child does not pay for Biometric.

How many biometric form should we send? 

We need to sign at the same place where k1 does sign. It was confusing for me. Thankx

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
24 minutes ago, raini7 said:

How many biometric form should we send? 

We need to sign at the same place where k1 does sign. It was confusing for me. Thankx

You sign in the same place at you did on your own. Sign your name on the child's form.

if the child is under 14 the G325A is not required. So if child is under 14 then only you send in the form with your data. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline

Hello K2ers

I posted a new topic in the general AOS forum with some questions regarding my daughters' paperwork, but got no replies so I'm hoping someone here may help:

a) One of them is under 14 so I'm not including a G-325A for her. Do I need to add the two passport-style photos anyway? I'm assuming yes, because the greencard itself will need photos, but was curious about this.

b) My husband filled out all the forms and my daughters reviewed and signed. Does he need to fill out the part about being the preparer of the forms, or is that simply for lawyers and such? Is it ok to have both signatures on there - applicant and preparer?

c) Does the G-1145 need to be in triplicate, one for each of the three petitions (AOS, AP and EAD) or will just one suffice?

d) My greencard has already been approved, so what evidence should I add to their paperwork? I'm thinking of adding a photocopy of the I-129F NOA2 + a photocopy of my marriage certificate + a photocopy of my passport biographical page, K1 visa and entry stamp + a photocopy of my greencard. Is that enough? Too much? Anything else needed I'm not remembering?

Thanks so much for any help.

The K1 journey:                                                                                                                             The AOS journey:

11/09/2013 - I-129F Packet mailed to Dallas Lockbox                                                                                         06/22/2015 - AOS packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox

02/14/2014 - Case shipped to Embassy, where it waited for over a year at my request                                 11/07/2015 - AOS approved (EAD and AP had already been approved) - there was no interview

05/21/2015 - Interview - Approved

06/19/2015 - Wedding (L) 

The ROC journey:                                                                                                                         

10/12/2017 - ROC packet mailed to VSC

01/21/2019 - ROC Approved - there was no interview

The N-400 journey:

02/16/2020 - N-400 application filed online

02/21/2020 - Paper NOA received in the mail

03/13/2020 - Biometrics

02/02/2021 - Interview & test - Approved

02/05/2021 - Oath Ceremony

JOrOp1.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
2 hours ago, SparklePony said:

Hello K2ers

I posted a new topic in the general AOS forum with some questions regarding my daughters' paperwork, but got no replies so I'm hoping someone here may help:

a) One of them is under 14 so I'm not including a G-325A for her. Do I need to add the two passport-style photos anyway? I'm assuming yes, because the greencard itself will need photos, but was curious about this.

b) My husband filled out all the forms and my daughters reviewed and signed. Does he need to fill out the part about being the preparer of the forms, or is that simply for lawyers and such? Is it ok to have both signatures on there - applicant and preparer?

c) Does the G-1145 need to be in triplicate, one for each of the three petitions (AOS, AP and EAD) or will just one suffice?

d) My greencard has already been approved, so what evidence should I add to their paperwork? I'm thinking of adding a photocopy of the I-129F NOA2 + a photocopy of my marriage certificate + a photocopy of my passport biographical page, K1 visa and entry stamp + a photocopy of my greencard. Is that enough? Too much? Anything else needed I'm not remembering?

Hi

We got i-797c aos rejection notice of k1 and k2 and returned back all our package back since i signed at the preparer signature block for my k2 son's application. I didnt sign at the applicants sign thinking he is below 14 and i am the preparer of application. We called uscis and they said if kids are younger than 14 parents have to sign at the applicants signature block. So this time i signed only at applicants signature block and left the preparer of form part empty and sent it today.

I think we need to send 6 (2x2") pic if we doing aos, EAD AND AP for k2 also. So did I. I may be wrong i m not sure. Everyone says g-325 is not necessary for kids under 14 but i sent one with my son's application.

I think if u send 3 g-1145 then u ll get three email or text msg notification for each application. Better to send 3.

Timeline
9 hours ago, SparklePony said:

Hello K2ers

a) One of them is under 14 so I'm not including a G-325A for her. Do I need to add the two passport-style photos anyway? I'm assuming yes, because the greencard itself will need photos, but was curious about this. Yes the photos still has to be there.

b) My husband filled out all the forms and my daughters reviewed and signed. Does he need to fill out the part about being the preparer of the forms, or is that simply for lawyers and such? Is it ok to have both signatures on there - applicant and preparer? No only the child should sign if over 14.

c) Does the G-1145 need to be in triplicate, one for each of the three petitions (AOS, AP and EAD) or will just one suffice? One is fine.

d) My greencard has already been approved, so what evidence should I add to their paperwork? I'm thinking of adding a photocopy of the I-129F NOA2 + a photocopy of my marriage certificate + a photocopy of my passport biographical page, K1 visa and entry stamp + a photocopy of my greencard. Is that enough? Too much? Anything else needed I'm not remembering? Yes the photocopy of the NOA2 from I-129F has to be there and also your marriage certificate because they are still adjusting because the married was within the 90 days. Remember to have a copy of their K-2 visas and entry stamp and I-94.

Timeline

I think we're good to go - everything has been reviewed, copies are being made, and we're heading to the Post Office tomorrow morning to send everything off to the Lockbox. So glad to finally get this done!

Thanks for the helpful replies. :)

The K1 journey:                                                                                                                             The AOS journey:

11/09/2013 - I-129F Packet mailed to Dallas Lockbox                                                                                         06/22/2015 - AOS packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox

02/14/2014 - Case shipped to Embassy, where it waited for over a year at my request                                 11/07/2015 - AOS approved (EAD and AP had already been approved) - there was no interview

06/19/2015 - Wedding (L) 

The ROC journey:                                                                                                                         

The N-400 journey:

03/13/2020 - Biometrics

JOrOp1.png

Timeline
3 minutes ago, SparklePony said:

I think we're good to go - everything has been reviewed, copies are being made, and we're heading to the Post Office tomorrow morning to send everything off to the Lockbox. So glad to finally get this done!

Thanks for the helpful replies. :)

Great feeling when it's shipped ?

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

I have a question.  We sent the paperwork in for our AOS for my wife son for K2.  He was included on her K1 Visa but he arrived at a later date.  We have been having issues with the packet, we had sent it in 3 times now, it was rejected on the first 2 times because of a missing signature.  My question is we have been holding off to file our Taxes because we want to claim him on it.  He was here for most of 2016.  Its been over 2 weeks now and still no word on our 3rd attempt when sending the packet in.  Usually if it was rejected we would have gotten a noticed by now.  Looks like i will need to file and extension on my taxes.  Is there a way we can still file him on our taxes without a SSN?  Maybe a ITIN?  Not sure how all that works.  

K1 VISA

• 03.21.15 -- I-129F Filled
  • 03.27.15 -- I-129F Notifications
  • 03.24.15 -- NOA1
  • 04.30.15 -- NOA2
  • 05.04.15 -- NOA2 (hardcopy)
  • 05.12.15 -- NVC Received
  • 05.15.15 -- Left NVC
  • 05.18.15 -- Consulate Received
  • 05.31.15 -- Packet 3 & 4
  • 06.08.15 -- Medical Appointment (passed)
  • 06.24.15 -- Consulate Interview (passed) :dancing:
  • 07.07.15 -- Visa Received
  • 07.08.15 -- US Entry
  • 08.29.15 -- Married (L)(F)

AOS

• 10.08.15 -- Packet Mailed (I-485/I-131/I-765)
  • 10.13.15 -- Chicago Lackbox Received
  • 10.23.15 -- Received 3 Notifications(txt/e-mail)
  • 10.29.15 -- NOA1 Mail Received (I-485/I-131/I-765)
  • 11.06.15 -- Biometrics Schedule Received on mail (11.17.15)
  • 11.17.15 -- Biometrics done!
  • 12.15.15 -- AOS Approved!
  • 12.22.15 -- Green Card Received! :dancing:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 hours ago, TravandLhen said:

Hello Everyone,

I have a question.  We sent the paperwork in for our AOS for my wife son for K2.  He was included on her K1 Visa but he arrived at a later date.  We have been having issues with the packet, we had sent it in 3 times now, it was rejected on the first 2 times because of a missing signature.  My question is we have been holding off to file our Taxes because we want to claim him on it.  He was here for most of 2016.  Its been over 2 weeks now and still no word on our 3rd attempt when sending the packet in.  Usually if it was rejected we would have gotten a noticed by now.  Looks like i will need to file and extension on my taxes.  Is there a way we can still file him on our taxes without a SSN?  Maybe a ITIN?  Not sure how all that works.  

All you have to do is get your K2 an ITIN. Thats what my husband did when we filed our taxes together. We got our two K2s the ITIN.

Timeline

We opted for another way, on advice of our accountant: we went ahead and filed without them so we could add the transcript to the AOS paperwork. Once their EAD is approved, we'll get the SSNs issued and file an amendment. 

06/19/2015 - Wedding (L) 

The ROC journey:                                                                                                                         

The N-400 journey:

03/13/2020 - Biometrics

JOrOp1.png

I got approved notice today for my 2 year green card without interview

but my child has not received the same. I file I485 the same time with me and we got travel doc at the same day. I checked his status still case was received. 

There are anyone got the same with me. Please advise. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hey everyone,

Have a question for those of you have have kids under 14. I sent in the AOS packages for my two kids: one is 14 so we paid the full AOS fee+biometrics fee while the other is 11 so we paid only the AOS fee. We have received all the NOA1s and the oldest one has received the letter with the biometrics appointment. Will the younger one need to attend as well? I have read cases on here where kids younger than 14 had some biometrics taken, like some fingerprints, but not the whole of it. Did these kids get appointment letters too?

Thanks for any help.

06/19/2015 - Wedding (L) 

The ROC journey:                                                                                                                         

The N-400 journey:

03/13/2020 - Biometrics

JOrOp1.png

Timeline
7 minutes ago, SparklePony said:

Hey everyone,

Have a question for those of you have have kids under 14. I sent in the AOS packages for my two kids: one is 14 so we paid the full AOS fee+biometrics fee while the other is 11 so we paid only the AOS fee. We have received all the NOA1s and the oldest one has received the letter with the biometrics appointment. Will the younger one need to attend as well? I have read cases on here where kids younger than 14 had some biometrics taken, like some fingerprints, but not the whole of it. Did these kids get appointment letters too?

Thanks for any help.

Yes mine was 10 at the time and he had to go. They take the picture there that comes on the EAD/AP Card and the GC if I remember correctly they took his thumb print 

Timeline

Did he receive his own biometrics appointment letter in the mail?

06/19/2015 - Wedding (L) 

The ROC journey:                                                                                                                         

The N-400 journey:

03/13/2020 - Biometrics

JOrOp1.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.