SunDrop

Calling all K-2 AOSers - past and present

398 posts in this topic

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I already read the guides!

I just want to hear what you guys put in the K-2 package?

My K-2 AOSwill be send in with my K-1 AOS so we get the discount on the fee, I just really want to know what you guys send in other then the 3 forms?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I already read the guides!

I just want to hear what you guys put in the K-2 package?

My K-2 AOSwill be send in with my K-1 AOS so we get the discount on the fee, I just really want to know what you guys send in other then the 3 forms?

I'm so glad your interview went well and you have your visa (well, visas) :) in hands - congrats!!!!!!!

We put almost the same stuff as for K1 in our K2's package:

For I-485

Cover letter

1. I-1145

2. I-485

3. Copy of K2's birth certificate

4. 2 pictures of K2

5. Copies of K-2's passport pages (biographical and K2 visa)

6. K2's I-94

7. Copy of K-2's DS-3025

8. Copy of the NOA2 of I-129F

7. Copy of K1's I-864.

8. Copy of K1"s marriage certificate

*looks like no G-325A if K2 is younger than 14 y.o.

For I-765

Cover letter

1. I-1145

2. I-765

3. 2 pictures of K2

4. Copies of K-2's passport pages (biographical and K2 visa)

5. K2's I-94 (instruction says it is not required if under C(9) category, but I would include the I-94 anyway)

For I-131

Cover letter

1. I-1145

2. I-131

3. 2 pictures of K2

5. K2's I-94

We included K-2's birth certificate as well, for both - I-765 & I-131.

Have a safe trip and good luck at POE!!!!

Timeline

I'm so glad your interview went well and you have your visa (well, visas) :) in hands - congrats!!!!!!!

For I-485

Cover letter

1. I-1145

2. I-485

4. 2 pictures of K2

6. K2's I-94

7. Copy of K-2's DS-3025

7. Copy of K1's I-864.

For I-765

Cover letter

1. I-1145

2. I-765

3. 2 pictures of K2

5. K2's I-94 (instruction says it is not required if under C(9) category, but I would include the I-94 anyway)

For I-131

Cover letter

1. I-1145

2. I-131

3. 2 pictures of K2

5. K2's I-94

Thank you very much for this list! :D .... And thanks only a few days til we POE :D

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Thank you for letting me know, my friend - was thinking of you!!! Such a great news! Really happy for you!!!

Ksenia_O, My friend, received today a letter from USCIS where it says: Case type 1485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status

Notice type: Approval notice.

2 letters, one for me and one for my daughter. I am very happy and want to share with you.

Thank so much my friend. God bless you

AOS --
04/02/2016 - sent AOS package (AOS,EAD,AP)
04/04/2016 - received at USCIS Chicago
04/19/2016 - money order cashed
04/22/2016 - hard copy NOA received by mail

04/28/2016- received Biometrics Appointment Latter

05/12/2016- Biometrics 8:00 am Atlanta

07/05/2016- Approval notice Case type I485

07/09/2016- Received letter by mail

07/11/2016- Received green card by mail ( my green card in hand, so so so happy)

Have faith in God. "But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind." James 1: 6

Timeline

Ksenia_O, My friend, received today a letter from USCIS where it says: Case type 1485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status

Notice type: Approval notice.

2 letters, one for me and one for my daughter. I am very happy and want to share with you.

Thank so much my friend. God bless you

Wow!!! That was really fast!!!! :)

CONGRATS! And I'm so happy you didn't wait long time!!!!!

Thank you for a great news!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Wow!!! That was really fast!!!! :)

CONGRATS! And I'm so happy you didn't wait long time!!!!!

Thank you for a great news!!!!!!

Ksenia_O My friend today got our green card by mail. I"m so so so happy!!!

God bless you my friend :dancing::dancing:

AOS --
04/02/2016 - sent AOS package (AOS,EAD,AP)
04/04/2016 - received at USCIS Chicago
04/19/2016 - money order cashed
04/22/2016 - hard copy NOA received by mail

04/28/2016- received Biometrics Appointment Latter

05/12/2016- Biometrics 8:00 am Atlanta

07/05/2016- Approval notice Case type I485

07/09/2016- Received letter by mail

07/11/2016- Received green card by mail ( my green card in hand, so so so happy)

Have faith in God. "But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind." James 1: 6

Just wanted to share my story of how the K-2 AOS interviews went for my two stepdaughters this year:

FIRST K-2 DAUGHTER

Age at AOS Interview: 17 years old

Interview Location: USICS Los Angeles Field Office

Interview Time: 1:30pm

Her AOS interview appointment was set at 1:30pm, so I was already nervous - I heard that appointments set in the afternoon if the case had some issues. But I was still optimistic and expecting a smooth appointment.

I was very prepared and brought a copy of her AOS paperwork along with some pictures, copies of her bank statements (for minor children), etc. I did the same for my wife's AOS interview last year so I was a bit confident, until they told us to proceed to a separate room for the interview. Alarm bells flashed immediately in my mind and they were justified as soon as we got there.

The lady who saw us was a small woman who looked Southeast Asian (almost looked Filipino) and not very friendly... actually, that's an understatement. It looked more like an interrogation than an interview. My step-daughter was feeling the hostility and became very nervous, and stuttered a bit when answering some questions. Since she was a minor, I volunteered some information that she wouldn't normally know (i.e. the lady asked if she knew what a K-2 was... what the hell!), but she snapped at me telling me to let my step-daughter answer the questions. So I kept my peace and allowed her to move forward with her "interrogation."

It was a very uncomfortable 30 minutes, and I would've gladly suffered through it if it meant she would be approved on the spot, but the lady started questioning why my step-daughter's AOS wasn't done at the same time as her mother. I reasoned that my wife came to the U.S. first and my step-daughter was designated "to-follow", allowing her to finish high school in the Philippines before she came here. The lady started to look confused and said she has never encountered a case where the K-2 dependent didn't arrive at the same time as the mother, nor has she encountered a K-2 whose AOS was separate from the mother. I again reasoned that my wife arrived first and was already an LPR, and that since my step-daughter arrived a few months later, her AOS was naturally separate, with its own set of forms including the affidavit of support. The lady was still shaking her head and said it's the first time she heard of that!

But the kicker was when she asked if I had my wife's AOS documents. I told her that I did not since my wife already has her green card, and my wife offered to show it to her, but the lady said she needs to verify something since the mother and the child should've filed for AOS together. I showed her our marriage certificate and even her embassy letter and USCIS NOAs showing the names of her two children as dependents. But the lady said she needs my wife's AOS documents. She then said she will need to look it up in their system, and that my step-daughter's approval will be on hold until she can look at those documents. She then gave us a letter showing we attended the interview and that the approval is pending further documents, but it was not an RFE (thank god).

Total elapsed time: 35 minutes.

We walked out of that room wondering what just happened. My step-daughter was asking if the reason she was not approved immediately was that she answered incorrectly, and I told her it wasn't, and explained that we were unlucky to be interviewed by someone who didn't know enough about the AOS process.

Good news was that her AOS was approved eventually - more than three months later... with no explanation as to why it was delayed.

SECOND K-2 DAUGHTER

Age at AOS Interview: 12 years old

Interview Time: 10:00am

With our not so good experience with her big sister's AOS interview, I made sure that my younger step-daughter's documentation was front-loaded to hell. I brought her AOS documents, my wife's AOS documents, and even my own Naturalization documents and U.S. passport, in case we encountered the witch lady again. I was carrying two fat folders in my arms filled with those documents and dozens of verification, from pictures to school papers to medical records. I was not taking any chances!

Interview time was 10am, and rumors had it that morning appointments were pretty fast and easy, but I expected the worst. This time our interviewer was a tall, old man who looked Korean, and he was G-R-U-M-P-Y! He wasn't a fan of idle chatter, and was even hesitant to shake my hand. He asked his questions like he was scolding my step-daughter, but I already coached her to keep smiling and answer questions directly. The questions were short and to the point - her address, her age, her birthdate, does she go to school, which school, who her father was, why (the hell) I wasn't her biological father, etc.

The only documents he asked for were our CA IDs, my wife's green card, and my step-daughter's EAD/AP & SS card. He looked at them, stepped out to make copies, came back, returned our cards, and put check marks on documents in a folder. He then signed a letter and told us my step-daughter was approved and to expect her green card in a few weeks. Then, as if as an afterthought, he told us congratulations.

Total elapsed time: 15 minutes.

The K-2 AOS interviews were in direct contrast to my wife's AOS interview, which was very pleasant and cordial, and lasted 8 minutes. Anyway, that's my story and I wish those who will go through the K-2 AOS interview the best of luck.

Just watch out for tiny witch woman and grumpy old fart for those who have interviews in Los Angeles...

Edited by tolitzpogi

K1 Timeline:

02/28/2014 - I-129F Submitted
04/08/2014 - I-129F NOA2 Received

07/03/2014 - SLEC Medical Appointment 1 (Result: Sputum Culture)

09/18/2014 - SLEC Medical Appointment 2 (Result: Passed)

10/14/2014 - K1 Visa Interview (Result: Approved)

10/23/2014 - K1 Visa Issued

11/09/2014 - Entered USA (POE: Los Angeles)

01/02/2015 - Wedding Day

AOS Timeline:

03/02/2015 - I-485 Submitted (with I-765 & I-131)

03/13/2015 - I-485 NOA Received (with NOA for I-765 & I-131)

03/30/2015 - Biometrics Appointment Completed

05/12/2015 - I-785 & I-131 Approved

05/20/2015 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received

06/10/2015 - AOS Interview (Result: Approved)

06/18/2015 - Conditional Green Card Received

ROC Timeline:

05/15/2017 - I-751 Submitted 
05/26/2017 - I-751 NOA Received 
06/13/2017 - Biometrics Appointment Completed

07/18/2017 - Extension NOA Received (twelve month extension)
03/05/2018 - I-751 Received by Local Office
04/20/2018 - Infopass Appointment (Result: I-551 Stamp on Passport, six-month extension)

06/18/2018 - Extension NOA Received (eighteen month extension)

10/29/2019 - Infopass Appointment (Result: I-551 Stamp on new Passport)

11/06/2019 - I-751 Approved

11/14/2019 - Permanent Green Card Received

Timeline

Just wanted to share my story of how the K-2 AOS interviews went for my two stepdaughters this year:

FIRST K-2 DAUGHTER

Age at AOS Interview: 17 years old

Interview Time: 1:30pm

Her AOS interview appointment was set at 1:30pm, so I was already nervous - I heard that appointments set in the afternoon if the case had some issues. But I was still optimistic and expecting a smooth appointment.

I was very prepared and brought a copy of her AOS paperwork along with some pictures, copies of her bank statements (for minor children), etc. I did the same for my wife's AOS interview last year so I was a bit confident, until they told us to proceed to a separate room for the interview. Alarm bells flashed immediately in my mind and they were justified as soon as we got there.

The lady who saw us was a small woman who looked Southeast Asian (almost looked Filipino) and not very friendly... actually, that's an understatement. It looked more like an interrogation than an interview. My step-daughter was feeling the hostility and became very nervous, and stuttered a bit when answering some questions. Since she was a minor, I volunteered some information that she wouldn't normally know (i.e. the lady asked if she knew what a K-2 was... what the hell!), but she snapped at me telling me to let my step-daughter answer the questions. So I kept my peace and allowed her to move forward with her "interrogation."

It was a very uncomfortable 30 minutes, and I would've gladly suffered through it if it meant she would be approved on the spot, but the lady started questioning why my step-daughter's AOS wasn't done at the same time as her mother. I reasoned that my wife came to the U.S. first and my step-daughter was designated "to-follow", allowing her to finish high school in the Philippines before she came here. The lady started to look confused and said she has never encountered a case where the K-2 dependent didn't arrive at the same time as the mother, nor has she encountered a K-2 whose AOS was separate from the mother. I again reasoned that my wife arrived first and was already an LPR, and that since my step-daughter arrived a few months later, her AOS was naturally separate, with its own set of forms including the affidavit of support. The lady was still shaking her head and said it's the first time she heard of that!

But the kicker was when she asked if I had my wife's AOS documents. I told her that I did not since my wife already has her green card, and my wife offered to show it to her, but the lady said she needs to verify something since the mother and the child should've filed for AOS together. I showed her our marriage certificate and even her embassy letter and USCIS NOAs showing the names of her two children as dependents. But the lady said she needs my wife's AOS documents. She then said she will need to look it up in their system, and that my step-daughter's approval will be on hold until she can look at those documents. She then gave us a letter showing we attended the interview and that the approval is pending further documents, but it was not an RFE (thank god).

Total elapsed time: 35 minutes.

We walked out of that room wondering what just happened. My step-daughter was asking if the reason she was not approved immediately was that she answered incorrectly, and I told her it wasn't, and explained that we were unlucky to be interviewed by someone who didn't know enough about the AOS process.

Good news was that her AOS was approved eventually - more than three months later... with no explanation as to why it was delayed.

SECOND K-2 DAUGHTER

Age at AOS Interview: 12 years old

Interview Time: 10:00am

With our not so good experience with her big sister's AOS interview, I made sure that my younger step-daughter's documentation was front-loaded to hell. I brought her AOS documents, my wife's AOS documents, and even my own Naturalization documents and U.S. passport, in case we encountered the witch lady again. I was carrying two fat folders in my arms filled with those documents and dozens of verification, from pictures to school papers to medical records. I was not taking any chances!

Interview time was 10am, and rumors had it that morning appointments were pretty fast and easy, but I expected the worst. This time our interviewer was a tall, old man who looked Korean, and he was G-R-U-M-P-Y! He wasn't a fan of idle chatter, and was even hesitant to shake my hand. He asked his questions like he was scolding my step-daughter, but I already coached her to keep smiling and answer questions directly. The questions were short and to the point - her address, her age, her birthdate, does she go to school, which school, who her father was, why (the hell) I wasn't her biological father, etc.

The only documents he asked for were our CA IDs, my wife's green card, and my step-daughter's EAD/AP & SS card. He looked at them, stepped out to make copies, came back, returned our cards, and put check marks on documents in a folder. He then signed a letter and told us my step-daughter was approved and to expect her green card in a few weeks. Then, as if as an afterthought, he told us congratulations.

Total elapsed time: 15 minutes.

The K-2 AOS interviews were in direct contrast to my wife's AOS interview, which was very pleasant and cordial, and lasted 8 minutes. Anyway, that's my story and I wish those who will go through the K-2 AOS interview the best of luck.

Just watch out for tiny witch woman and grumpy old fart for those who have interviews in Los Angeles...

Wow.... I know K2's may have their AOS interview, along with K1, at the same time.. But I've never heard of K-2's AOS interview without K1 and still can't believe that even 12 years old girl got interviewed..

I'm so glad you all made it! Thank you for sharing your experience and good luck!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Thank You for your information. My step son was a K-2 to follow and entered the country in March 2016. His mother entered in October of 2015 and we were married in November 2015 and she got approval for AOS in 62 days with no interview.

My stepson has approvals for AP and EAD as of a few days ago. We have had no word on his AOS/GC application with the "Check Case" on USCIS.GOV being down and giving you the "Gray Screen of Death" when there is no information.

Given your scenario with your daughters you described above, did you get a sense that they were testing you for human trafficking? Did your daughters share your or their mother's last name? Given your daughters ages and that they arrived later, it seems to me all the USCIS could think of was human trafficking.

After reading all the advice I can on VJ, I suspect my son will get an interview to check him out since his last name is the same as his biological father and different from my wife's last name (her family name) as is Vietnamese tradition. I suspect they too will question him and us on the line of human trafficking since we are dealing with 3 different last names and 2 different K1/2 entry dates.

If you could, could you list some specific questions that were made in each interview. It may be helpful to my stepson and others who may have to follow in this path.

K-1 Journey

2/27/2015: Sent I-129F to Black Hole in Texas:
3/13/2015 NOA1 Received by snail mail:
8/18 2015 ; NOA2 APPROVED. Perfect timing since Linh's current B1/B2 visa stay expires in 3 days and heads back to Vietnam
8/24/2015: NOA2 Shipped to Department of State (DOS) - National Visa Center (NVC)
9/1/2015: NVC Received NOA2 Package and have assigned a Case Number!
9/22/2015: Received PKT3... Finally..... Can now make appointment for Medical Examination
9/28/2015: Medical Exam - Took 3 days... Cho Ray is a mess. Vaccinations delayed until passing Interview because of shortage of vaccinations in Vietnam
10/7/2015: Interview at Consulate in Ho Chi Minh City and APPROVED!!!!
10/22/2015 K1 Visa in hand. Son's K2 visa only valid for 6 months (W-T-F-?) Thought good for 1 year. Inquire at consulate and told visa good only as long as the medical which is 6 months K2 VISAS NOT GOOD FOR 1 YEAR AS ADVERTISED ON DOS WEBSITE!
10/29/2015 POE Chicago; Easiest pass through for Linh in her 4 previous entries.
11/2/2015: Not tuned in enough to Social Security not to pick "the first day of the month" to try to get signed up. Read VJ advice, it's spot on, we had a processor who knew K1. We were in the SAVE database in 3 days so it was easy after a 2 hour wait.
11/21/2015: MARRIED IN GREAT SMOKY MOUNTAIN NATIONAL PARK

AOS/AP/EAD Journey for Wife on K-1 Visa

12/8/2015 Completed 4 days of torture to get Vaccine Verification from Civil Surgeon

12/9/2015 Package with Applications Sent FedEx Overnight to Chicago confirmed received 12/10/2015

12/14/2015 Received 3 Emails with Acceptance confirmation of 3 applications all received 12/10/2015. Check cashed

12/18/2015 NOA1 for all 3 applications received by snail mail. NOA 1 date of 12/10/2015

12/31/2015 Received I-797C letter for Biometric Appointment on 1/11/2016 in Nashville instead of Memphis Yea!

1/6/2016 Biometric Appointment Walk IN - DONE

1/14/2016 Received a I-797C letter dated 1/9/2016 that we DO NOT need to do biometrics, already have enough information in the system from previous entries (Likely from B1/B2 visa last year)

2/9/2016 I-765 EAD DENIED But... a minute later....

2/9/2016 I-485 Application CARD ORDERED on 2/6/2016

2/10/2016 GREEN CARD SHIPPED on 2/9/2016 2/11/2016 GREEN CARD IN HAND!!! RECORD TIME 62 DAYS

AOS/AP/EAD Journey for Son on K-2 Visa

3/16/2016 All arrive in Chicago from Vietnam. Son passes customs with flying colors. Wife is delayed for 3.5 hours. Homeland Security lets us go with no questions... amazing. We miss our connections and get home thankfully at 1AM

4/11/2016 Package with Applications Send Fed Ex Overnight to Chicago and FedEx confirms delivery on 4/12/2016

4/26/2016 Received 3 emails and 3 text with Acceptance of confirmation of 3 applications. NOA1 Date 4/25/2016 WHAT IS GOING ON CHICAGO? Took 10 days longer than last time to just receive mail

4/27/2016 Check is cashed. Still can't look up Receipt Numbers on Case Status online at USCIS.GOV WHAT IS GOING ON?????

5/25/2016 Walk in for a "junior" Biometrics for an 11 year old (supposedly not required). Oops wrote down the wrong day, appointment was for 5/23/2016. USCIS office was nice and accepted us 2 days late.

7/13/2016 Finally the Check Status Website worked. Approved EAD and AP. Website still not working on AOS Green Card Application. No email notification at all....

7/15/2016 Card for EAD mailed. Card is for both EAD and AP. Received 7/19/2016. Waiting now for AOS Interview or Green Card Approval

7/19/2016 The USCIS.GOV is now working for our AOS application. Is there light at the end of the tunnel? Seems others have access to USCIS.GOV Check Case now. Glitch fixed?

8/15/2016 I-485 Approved. Status now Card/Document Production

8/20/2016 GREEN CARD DELIVERED -118 Days K-2 Process complete, see y'all on Lifting Conditions board in a year or so

Thank You for your information. My step son was a K-2 to follow and entered the country in March 2016. His mother entered in October of 2015 and we were married in November 2015 and she got approval for AOS in 62 days with no interview.

My stepson has approvals for AP and EAD as of a few days ago. We have had no word on his AOS/GC application with the "Check Case" on USCIS.GOV being down and giving you the "Gray Screen of Death" when there is no information.

Given your scenario with your daughters you described above, did you get a sense that they were testing you for human trafficking? Did your daughters share your or their mother's last name? Given your daughters ages and that they arrived later, it seems to me all the USCIS could think of was human trafficking.

After reading all the advice I can on VJ, I suspect my son will get an interview to check him out since his last name is the same as his biological father and different from my wife's last name (her family name) as is Vietnamese tradition. I suspect they too will question him and us on the line of human trafficking since we are dealing with 3 different last names and 2 different K1/2 entry dates.

If you could, could you list some specific questions that were made in each interview. It may be helpful to my stepson and others who may have to follow in this path.

Hey there ;)

The thought of them testing me for human trafficking never even entered my mind, since the interviewer's issue with my older step-daughter was that she was allegedly supposed to have filed at the same time as her mother. Even after a couple attempts of informing her of the "to-follow" rule, she refused to accept explanations and insisted that my daughter's situation was "strange and confusing." The fact that she asked more for my wife's documents rather than my daughter's led me to believe that this is her first "to-follow" case and she does not know much about that process of separate AOS filings.

This was reinforced by the fact that my younger step-daughter did not have similar issues in her AOS interview, which shows her interviewer was more knowledgeable about the process.

Yours is a different situation compared to mine since both my daughters had their mother's last name, and their father was never mentioned in their birth certificates (i.e. they were designated illegitimate children), and my wife had never been married to their father.

The burden of proof would be more in your case, as you would have to provide more documents and certificates explaining the discrepancy in your stepson's last name. However, you probably already have those documents handy since you would have already showed them during your wife's I-129 petition. If that is the case, you would need to prepare for an accurate and concise verbal explanation of those documents as they pertain to your stepson.

How old is your stepson? Depending on how old he is, there is a definite possibility that he will be asked as well, so it would be useful for him to also be able to explain his relationship to you, your wife, and his bio father. As long as you can clearly explain how he is related to your wife and how he has no more existing relationship with his bio father, you should be good. And make sure your paperwork is complete and bring the originals for good measure.

The AOS interview is usually scheduled about a month (or two at the most) the EAD/AP combo card is received. Good luck!

K1 Timeline:

02/28/2014 - I-129F Submitted
04/08/2014 - I-129F NOA2 Received

07/03/2014 - SLEC Medical Appointment 1 (Result: Sputum Culture)

09/18/2014 - SLEC Medical Appointment 2 (Result: Passed)

10/14/2014 - K1 Visa Interview (Result: Approved)

10/23/2014 - K1 Visa Issued

11/09/2014 - Entered USA (POE: Los Angeles)

01/02/2015 - Wedding Day

AOS Timeline:

03/02/2015 - I-485 Submitted (with I-765 & I-131)

03/13/2015 - I-485 NOA Received (with NOA for I-765 & I-131)

03/30/2015 - Biometrics Appointment Completed

05/12/2015 - I-785 & I-131 Approved

05/20/2015 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received

06/10/2015 - AOS Interview (Result: Approved)

06/18/2015 - Conditional Green Card Received

ROC Timeline:

05/15/2017 - I-751 Submitted 
05/26/2017 - I-751 NOA Received 
06/13/2017 - Biometrics Appointment Completed

07/18/2017 - Extension NOA Received (twelve month extension)
03/05/2018 - I-751 Received by Local Office
04/20/2018 - Infopass Appointment (Result: I-551 Stamp on Passport, six-month extension)

06/18/2018 - Extension NOA Received (eighteen month extension)

10/29/2019 - Infopass Appointment (Result: I-551 Stamp on new Passport)

11/06/2019 - I-751 Approved

11/14/2019 - Permanent Green Card Received

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

For I-485

Cover letter

1. I-1145

2. I-485

4. 2 pictures of K2

6. K2's I-94

7. Copy of K-2's DS-3025

7. Copy of K1's I-864.

For I-765

Cover letter

1. I-1145

2. I-765

3. 2 pictures of K2

For I-131

Cover letter

1. I-1145

2. I-131

3. 2 pictures of K2

5. K2's I-94

Hey!

One last question! (Sorry!)

Found this on the instructions for I-864:

Do I Need to Submit a Separate Af davit for Each Family Member?

You must submit a Form I-864 af davit of support for each intending immigrant you are sponsoring. You may submit photocopies if you are sponsoring more than one intending immigrant listed on the same af davit of support.

So saw you also wrote copy of K-1's I-864.

I just have to be sure. So my husband just fill out one and I just make a copy for our K-2's AOS package? He does not need his own?

Timeline

Hey!

One last question! (Sorry!)

Found this on the instructions for I-864:

Do I Need to Submit a Separate Af davit for Each Family Member?

You must submit a Form I-864 af davit of support for each intending immigrant you are sponsoring. You may submit photocopies if you are sponsoring more than one intending immigrant listed on the same af davit of support.

So saw you also wrote copy of K-1's I-864.

I just have to be sure. So my husband just fill out one and I just make a copy for our K-2's AOS package? He does not need his own?

Don't be sorry.. I would be happy to help, so feel free to ask, ok? :)

You are right - your husband just fills out ONE I-864, and a copy of this is then included in your kid's package.

We filed K-2's AOS separately, because my son arrived 3 months later than me, due to his high school graduation. But still - we just included in his AOS package a COPY of my I-864.. No issues :)

Edited by Ksenia_O

Timeline

Don't be sorry.. I would be happy to help, so feel free to ask, ok? :)

You are right - your husband just fills out ONE I-864, and a copy of this is then included in your kid's package.

We filed K-2's AOS separately, because my son arrived 3 months later than me, due to his high school graduation. But still - we just included in his AOS package a COPY of my I-864.. No issues :)

Okay great Thanks!!!

On your child's G-1145 did you just write your own name or did you write your child's name?

Mine is only 10 years old so he has no clue of any of all this of course.

Timeline

Okay great Thanks!!!

On your child's G-1145 did you just write your own name or did you write your child's name?

Mine is only 10 years old so he has no clue of any of all this of course.

Mine was 19, so yes, on his G-1145 was his name and his e-mail address/phone #.

With 10 years old.... I've just looked again at G-1145 - there is no place for signature there, your daughter won't need to sign this form. So I would write her name, but your e/mail address and phone #.

Edited by Ksenia_O

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.