SunDrop

Calling all K-2 AOSers - past and present

398 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Just now, John & Rose said:

I thought the 130 was for the beneficiary (spouse) as the alien relative.  Like I said, I just started looking at this now.  Does the 485 cover that?

Yes :)

You are looking for $1225 x3. 

Just now, Ksenia_O said:

Yes :)

You are looking for $1225 x3. 

Thank you so much!  That is a little better than I was expecting...LOL

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
Just now, John & Rose said:

Thank you.  So if I file for EAD and AP at the same time it is just the $1225 each to cover all fees for this portion of the AOS?

Yes :) Both, I-131 & I-765 are fee waived if filed along with I-485. Or if you have I-485 pending.  When you file those forms, your category will be c(9). 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
15 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Thank you so much!  That is a little better than I was expecting...LOL

And make sure to file EAD for the kids also even though they may not be working they can only get an SSN number with the EAD card or wait till they get the GC.

23 minutes ago, Georgia16 said:

And make sure to file EAD for the kids also even though they may not be working they can only get an SSN number with the EAD card or wait till they get the GC.

I was hoping to get all of their SSN’s right away. I need that to get them on my insurance at work. I was told that getting the SSN should be the first thing we do here, even before we get married. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
14 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

I was hoping to get all of their SSN’s right away. I need that to get them on my insurance at work. I was told that getting the SSN should be the first thing we do here, even before we get married. 

It works for K1 - eligible for a SS# right after arrival.. well, as soon as I-94 is available online. But K2 - different. They can get their SS# only after receiving EAD card or a green card.

Just now, Ksenia_O said:

It works for K1 - eligible for a SS# right after arrival.. well, as soon as I-94 is available online. But K2 - different. They can get their SS# only after receiving EAD card or a green card.

I see.  Thank you again.  I will have to figure out how to get them on my insurance without the SSN.  I'd hate for them to go 3 or 4 months with no insurance.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
14 hours ago, John & Rose said:

I see.  Thank you again.  I will have to figure out how to get them on my insurance without the SSN.  I'd hate for them to go 3 or 4 months with no insurance.

SSN is not needed for them to be put on your insurance. Mine and others was added just fine without the SSN.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello Guys, I am going to joint you here for a while, we are starting the adjustment process with my lovely wife. 

looks like its another journey.

Timeline
8 hours ago, javidango said:

Hello Guys, I am going to joint you here for a while, we are starting the adjustment process with my lovely wife. 

looks like its another journey.

And kids? K-2?

Timeline
1 hour ago, javidango said:

No. only with my wife !!!

Okay :) 

K-2 are kids that are coming with their parents when they move so this thread might not be interesting for you.

Here is the link for the K-1 and others that adjust status :)

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/7-adjustment-of-status-green-card-from-k1-and-k3-family-based-visas/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Gabon
Timeline

Hi guys! Mailed my AOS package for my 2 kids on Friday! Another immigration journey starts...

I-129F and Adjustment of Status.docK1 Visa Journey (see attachment)

Adjustment Of Status Journey(see attachment)

ROC Journey

08/27/19 : Windows opens.

I-129F and Adjustment of statusI

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.