SunDrop

Calling all K-2 AOSers - past and present

398 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi Guys, 

I sent my wife AOS package to Chicago lockbox facility, but unfortunately, this is what I currently see tracking the package, 

please let me know if someone had this type of problem. 

Please find below the tracking history on " May 7, 2018, 8:42 am Unable to deliver item, problem with address " 

Here is when I started to freeking me out.

Please help !!!!!!

Thanks guys. 

May 10, 2018 
In Transit to Next Facility 
The item is currently in transit to the next facility as of May 10, 2018. 

May 9, 2018 

May 8, 2018 

May 7, 2018, 2:06 pm 
Departed USPS Regional Destination Facility 
CHICAGO IL DISTRIBUTION CENTER  

May 7, 2018, 2:01 pm 
Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility 
CHICAGO IL DISTRIBUTION CENTER  

May 7, 2018, 8:42 am 
Unable to deliver item, problem with address 
CHICAGO, IL 60624  

May 7, 2018, 5:49 am 
Arrived at Post Office 
CHICAGO, IL 60624  

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Haiti
Timeline

I'm applying for AOS for my husband who came on a fiance visa with his daughter who is 5. Do i need to complete all the same forms for her or not?  Please help! thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
9 hours ago, Godisable said:

I'm applying for AOS for my husband who came on a fiance visa with his daughter who is 5. Do i need to complete all the same forms for her or not?  Please help! thanks

Yes, it should two separate applications, for your husband and his daughter.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Godisable said:

Thanks for you repose. read from this blog. She doesn't need some of the forms...like the I-765 and the I-864. Please let me know if that's correct.

She would need  I-765/131. K1 can get a SS#right after arrival, once I-94 is available online. K2 is different and  not eligible for SS# without EAD card or an actual green card.

Those forms are fee waived if filed along with I-485 under c(9) category. Which is the case :) 

Good luck!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Haiti
Timeline

Thanks for that information Ksenia. She only 5 years old would they still give me a EAD card for her? Also i believe i don't have to file the I-130 right now with these forms right. 

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 minute ago, Godisable said:

Thanks for that information Ksenia. She only 5 years old would they still give me a EAD card for her? Also i believe i don't have to file the I-130 right now with these forms right. 

Thanks

You are very welcome! :)

There is no age limitations for EAD, so yes, if you apply - it should be issued for the girl as well.

No I-130  needed if you apply for AOS "on- time".

P.S. I understand - it seems a little overwhelming and  a lot of paperwork. But you'll make it through  - no worries! just check everything, every box 2,3-4 or as many  times as it takes, before submission. And you should be fine :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone - We just got married through a k-1 visa on the 14th and are starting all the "AOS" Paperwork - So I am sure we will have a few questions. When looking at the I-131 I am assuming we mark <Part 2> "1.a - I am a permanent resident or conditional resident of the United States, and I am applying for a reentry permit."

Then down on part 3 it is asking for date oif intended departure?? We don't have a date, we are applying so my wife <Originally from Canada> and her son can Travel back to Canada for visitation, and letting the son visit his father during summers, so I am not sure what we should put there.

Then finally PArt 5: It says to complete only if applying for a re-entry permit? Isn't that what this form is for?? Kind of confused by it asking "Since becoming a permanent resident" - I thought until the AOS goes through she is still considered a "Conditional Resident".

We will be submitting all of this at the same time as the "AOS", I-765, and I-864.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Joe&Kelta said:

Hello everyone - We just got married through a k-1 visa on the 14th and are starting all the "AOS" Paperwork - So I am sure we will have a few questions. When looking at the I-131 I am assuming we mark <Part 2> "1.a - I am a permanent resident or conditional resident of the United States, and I am applying for a reentry permit."

Then down on part 3 it is asking for date oif intended departure?? We don't have a date, we are applying so my wife <Originally from Canada> and her son can Travel back to Canada for visitation, and letting the son visit his father during summers, so I am not sure what we should put there.

Then finally PArt 5: It says to complete only if applying for a re-entry permit? Isn't that what this form is for?? Kind of confused by it asking "Since becoming a permanent resident" - I thought until the AOS goes through she is still considered a "Conditional Resident".

We will be submitting all of this at the same time as the "AOS", I-765, and I-864.

You are not applying for re-entry permit; you're applying for Advanced Parole. Check 1.d. box.

In Part 3 - put N/A or something like "I do not have a scheduled trips yet."

Do not fill out Part 5. It's for green card holders who plan to be out of the country for an extended period of time. That doesn't apply to your wife or her son. 

I hope it helps.

Ok next question - Since we are filing everything within a year of my wife and sons medical exams I understand we do not need to have another medical done - However I see people mentioning that parts of the I-693 still need to be filled out and sent with everything??

What parts do we need to fill out if any - The only medical document they were given copies of is the DS-3025 "Vaccination Documentation Worksheet".

Any help would be great - Thanks!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
57 minutes ago, Joe&Kelta said:

Ok next question - Since we are filing everything within a year of my wife and sons medical exams I understand we do not need to have another medical done - However I see people mentioning that parts of the I-693 still need to be filled out and sent with everything??

What parts do we need to fill out if any - The only medical document they were given copies of is the DS-3025 "Vaccination Documentation Worksheet".

Any help would be great - Thanks!!

If the DS-3025 is marked complete for the both of you then that's all you need and just sent that in.

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Just about to start AOS papers from K1 and K2 for myself and my four children 9- 18 years.

I see that - though I include them all on my form, I need to fill out al the paperwork for each one of them - yes?

Thanks

Helen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
13 hours ago, Helen Quail said:

Just about to start AOS papers from K1 and K2 for myself and my four children 9- 18 years.

I see that - though I include them all on my form, I need to fill out al the paperwork for each one of them - yes?

Thanks

Helen

Yes, you need to fill out a form for each child + fee and bio. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.