PrestoMN

Age Difference

33 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

My fiance is 28 years younger than me. We initially met one year ago online, and since have vacationed together 2 times with a 3rd visit planned (most likely prior to our petition being approved). We can document extensive phone and skype conversations as well as prove our time together. We have many photographs of me with my my fiance, her family, and friends. I'm just wondering if we should expect any issues from the Consultate in Ukraine that we should prepare for. Thanks for your feedback!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Could be if he is 40!

Probably not is he is 70.

I am assuming a he, you could be the first and be a she.

Edited by Boiler

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Shouldn't be a problem as long as she's legally able to marry.

Also, she is your fiancee (two e's) and you are her fiance (one e).

Timeline

Shouldn't be a problem as long as she's legally able to marry.

Also, she is your fiancee (two e's) and you are her fiance (one e).

I tried to edit the grammar after I posted it, but couldn't figure out how! Thanks for the feedback :)

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

My fiance is 28 years younger than me. We initially met one year ago online, and since have vacationed together 2 times with a 3rd visit planned (most likely prior to our petition being approved). We can document extensive phone and skype conversations as well as prove our time together. We have many photographs of me with my my fiance, her family, and friends. I'm just wondering if we should expect any issues from the Consultate in Ukraine that we should prepare for. Thanks for your feedback!

The older the old person in the relationship is, the less the age difference is an issue. All things are relative. A 50 - 22 or 60 - 32 or a 40 - 12 are not created equal.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

No,not an issue.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Probably not in Ukraine. It is very common for FSU women to have older husbands, though 28 years is a larger than normal difference it is not rare at all. 10-20 years difference is very common. Most Ukrainian women prefer men to be older. Alla says 10-15 years is ideal. She could be biased but probably just very wise and possessed of very good judgment (IMHO)

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

As long as you genuinely love each other, age difference is not an issue at all. Of course, diffences in age; religion; language; race may tend to get a "red flag" but as long as it is in good faith, no can STOP from marrying whoever you like :thumbs:

Good luck!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

As long as you genuinely love each other, age difference is not an issue at all. Of course, diffences in age; religion; language; race may tend to get a "red flag" but as long as it is in good faith, no can STOP from marrying whoever you like :thumbs:

Good luck!

I've never heard of a question about "love" in a fiancee or spouse visa interview. It's actually not an issue. The issue is whether the relationship is bona fide, which in practice simply means the relationship was entered into for reasons other than to obtain an immigration benefit. For instance, people marrying for money, security, to give a child two parents or just to have companionship in their life are ok. You do not need to provide evidence of love. You provide evidence of a bona fide ongoing relationship. It means what it says, not what some romantic wants it to mean or fantasizes it means.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

as long as you guys have strong proofs of bona fide relationship the age gap is not that much of an issue. the CO in Bucharest did notice our age difference and commented upon it (I could even sense a bit of a sarcasm there), but we have a solid relationship with lots of visits in 2 years so he just had to approve us. Your fiancee should be ready to answer questions if they arise, but I am sure she'll be approved ;) .

Our Love Story's 1st page: June 15, 2008

K 1: 98 days!
May 11 - August 17, 2010 APPROVED!!!
POE: September 14, 2010 Chicago, IL
Wedding Day: September 22, 2010

AOS from K1: 96 days!
November 19, 2010 - February 24, 2011 APPROVED!!!
November 19, 2010: AOS, EAD & AP applications mailed
December 20, 2010: Biometrics (day 31)
January 18, 2011: case transfered to CSC (day 60)
February 10, 2011: EAD & AP approved! (day 83)
February 24, 2011: GC production ordered! (day 96)

Removing conditions: 5 months and 30 days!
December 6, 2012: package mailed
December 10, 2012: NOA 1 (day 4)

June, 5, 2013: APPROVED!!!

June, 10 2013: 10 yr GC received

event.png

an1cHsW0g410610MjAwMTU1bHwyNTY0MzkxbGF8d

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

How's Ukraine's consulate? If it's an easy one, it won't be an issue! From what I have read on VJ, Ukraine seem to have an easy Consulate. You should be fine. If everything else is in order... your visa will be granted. IMO

27 NOV 2019 - I-129F mailed to Dallas, TX Lockbox

02 DEC 2019 - NOA1

23 MAR 2020 - NOA2

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

28 years gap and she is Ukranian ? sorry to say but you are in trouble way after she gets her visa... hope I'm wrong, but culture wise thr too many gold diggers among former soviet women and trust me 30 years is hell uncommon here, its almost against the moral norms in my culture (half russian, half ukranian).

As for consulate, you have to be prepared for such question to be raised, but if you ll have the extensive evidence and confidence age gap is not an issue, i believe.

Edited by Milushka

event.png

09/13/10 - i129f sent to Texas

09/15/10 - received and signed

09/20/10 - Touched

09/23/10 - NOA1 via mail dated 09/15

10/03/10 - Touched

03/24/11 - NOA2!!! email/text on 03/29 (after 190 days)

03/29/11 - NVC received

03/31/11 - NOA2 hardcopy in mail

04/05/11 - MOS # assigned

04/12/11 - NVC left

04/15/11 - Consulate received

06/02/11 - Medical

06/03/11 - Interview (after 261 days) Approved !

06/09/11 - Visa in hand

06/10/11 - POE @ JFK

08/19/11 - Married <3 <3 <3

09/01/11 - AOS sent

09/06/11 - NOA1 for AOS packet

10/03/11 - Biometrics

Timeline

... hope I'm wrong, but culture wise thr too many gold diggers among former soviet women and trust me 30 years is hell uncommon here, its almost against the moral norms in my culture (half russian, half ukranian).

While I appreciate the concern, if her intent was to find gold I'm sure she could do better. Like Mark Twain said, “Everything has its limit - iron ore cannot be educated into gold”.

28 years gap and she is Ukranian ? sorry to say but you are in trouble way after she gets her visa... hope I'm wrong, but culture wise thr too many gold diggers among former soviet women and trust me 30 years is hell uncommon here, its almost against the moral norms in my culture (half russian, half ukranian).

This is a very judgmental, uncalled for assumption.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.