Dob3rman

A doctor violates requirements for I-693 (AOS)

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello,

My fiance is a K-1 Visa holder and she's is filling out her I-485. She had her medical exam done prior arrival to US (the exam was done 4 months ago). When she went to a civil surgeon here, in NY, to complete her vaccinations for I-693, the doctor said she has to have her medical exam done again along with vaccinations, but I-693 clearly states that K-1 Visa holders don't need to have another medical exam in I-485 is filed within one year from the date of exam. So, as I see it, the doctor just wants money, right?

What should I do in this case?

And another question is, which vaccinations exactly she has to have? Could you please list them?

Thank you.

Edited by Dob3rman

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Slovenia
Timeline

same thing happened to me, when they told me they're not gonna fill out I-693 (vaccinations part) without me having a complete medical exam done again. I just called another CS and he did it...

K1 JOURNEY
Sent I 129 F: Mid January 2010, they received it January 20th
Interview: June 21st...K1 VISA APPROVED
POE in MCO: July 22nd 2010

AOS JOURNEY
Sent AOS, EAD, AP: November 8th 2010
Delivered: November 10th
Check cashed, NOA1s received in text and email: November 16th
Touch: November 19th
Biometrics in Orlando: December 16th
Contacted congressman's office with inquiry to expedite AP: January 12th 2011
EAD approved: January 13th
EAD received: not sure, I was overseas, but I know it arrived between January 24th and 28th
AP approved - no update on USCIS; I was notified of approval by Congressman: January 13th
AP received: January 21st
Started job hunting: February 11th
Interview: March 7th @ 2.35 pm - GC APPROVED!
Received GC in mail: March 14th
ROC: December 8th 2012

ROC JOURNEY
Sent I - 751 packet: February 4th 2013
Packet delivered: Feb 6th
Check cashed: Feb 11th
NOA1 (dated 2/7/13) received: Feb 12th
Biometric appointment: March 14th

RFE dated July 15th received

RFE reply sent to USCIS Vermont Service Center: Oct 9th

GC approved, letter dated Oct 30th

h5m17p.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Yes the doctor is trying to get more money. A lot of them refuse to do the transcriptions because they don't get enough money for it.

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/PDF/wk/mm5901-Immunization.pdf is the immunisation list. Table on page 2. HPV is no longer required though.

Call around other CS's and find one that will transcribe.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

In my case i do everything again with the CS he said i need more vaccination anyways . . we paid 350 for it . . we just dont want to loose more time and also we dont have to many CS near . . yes i know . . he just take our money . .

I would give them the benefit of the doubt and say that they are unfamiliar with the rules for K-1, because most of their patients are not K-1... not that they are scam artists. Perhaps you could politely explain the rules and show your research. Remember, they are not your servants, these doctors sign off on your health for the benefit of the public. They are human and can make mistakes too.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

You probably should get a flu shot since the requirements were changed Nov.2010. Everyone older than 6 months who has an exam during flu season (Oct1-Mar 31) needs a flu shot. Updated chart. Your civil surgeon may not be keeping up on the CDC website and may not advise getting one.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks a lot, guys, I'm not alone then:) I'll try to find another CS.

But anyways, is that doctor misconduct? Can I file a complaint somewhere?

How is it Doctor misconduct? It might simply be office "policy" not to do any forms preparation without a complete exam. They have a right to do it that way, you have a right to refuse and walk away...

YMMV

Timeline

How is it Doctor misconduct? It might simply be office "policy" not to do any forms preparation without a complete exam. They have a right to do it that way, you have a right to refuse and walk away...

Yeah, I want to look at that policy:) Unfortunately I can't because it's doesn't exist:)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello,

My fiance is a K-1 Visa holder and she's is filling out her I-485. She had her medical exam done prior arrival to US (the exam was done 4 months ago). When she went to a civil surgeon here, in NY, to complete her vaccinations for I-693, the doctor said she has to have her medical exam done again along with vaccinations, but I-693 clearly states that K-1 Visa holders don't need to have another medical exam in I-485 is filed within one year from the date of exam. So, as I see it, the doctor just wants money, right?

And another question is, which vaccinations exactly she has to have? Could you please list them?

Thank you.

Are you in NYC? We just needed my wife's vaccinations transcribed over to the I-693 as many people do. We went to a doctor in Edgewater, NJ who did it for $50 which is across the river from NYC.

Regarding what vaccinations you need, check out the guides and also this link:

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/PDF/wk/mm5753-Immunization.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello,

Thank you.

Most CS will try to take advantage. The one my husband went to tried everything possible. A week after his exam her office was closed by the US Marshall, I hope it's not the same CS you went to. :wacko:

01/2006 - Filed k1(1st time)

04/2006 - Interview (1st time) denied

Waited, waited...... no review

06/2009 - Filed k1 (2nd time)

09/2009 - NOA 2 approved

12/2009 - Interview (2nd time) APPROVED! VISA ISSUED

02/2010 - Arrived USA

04/2010 - Married

AOS Timeline

4/19/2010-Sent to Chicago Lockbox

4/26/2010-Received texts and emails 7th day

4/30/2010-Received NOA's(Hardcopies) 11th day

5/3/2010-Received ASC appointment notice(mailed 4/29/2010)14th day

5/7/2010-Walk-in Biometrics done(2 weeks earlier)18th day

5/13/2010-Case transferred to CSC

6/2/2010- Case received/resumed at CSC

6/18,6/22,6/23 AOS touches

6/28/2010- EAD production and touch on AP

6/29/2010-AOS APPROVED

7/2/2010- 2nd update on EAD production and touched on AP....

7/6/2010- Received "Welcome Letter" and AP document

7/12/2010-Received GREEN CARD and EAD

greencard.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Most CS will try to take advantage. The one my husband went to tried everything possible. A week after his exam her office was closed by the US Marshall, I hope it's not the same CS you went to. :wacko:

I don't know that it is as much the doctor trying to take advantage, or that they "think" if they don't demand the full evaluation they might risk losing their CS status. This has been commented on before. They have "guidelines" to follow and some of them push the envelope. OF COURSE, there probably are some of these folks who are just milking people, which is unfortunate. Fortunately, if you search online you can find a CS nearby that will only do the transcriptions for a small fee, usually around $50. Good luck! :thumbs:

Nov 6, 2009: "I had breakfast in Korea, lunch in Shanghai, and dinner in Chongqing...now I just need to find a squat toilet..."

K1 completion: 03-10-2010, PINK!!!(well..it's orangish)
POE: Chicago/ORD 05-21-2010
Married: 05-26-2010
AOS completion: 10-28-2010
ROC completion: 05-16-2013

Naturalized: 11-21-2014

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Im kind of confused here!!

For the K-1 u have to get a medical in your homecountry prior to even get the visa.

And than u have to get a medical agian?

Why? That doesn´t make sense.

Can someone explain that to me, please.

But the to ge back to the topic the Doctor doesn´t do misconduct or anything. He has to sign a paper that you are healthy and no harm to the United States puplic, if he doesn´t examen you properly how can he tell you are health?! Just because another Physician did it 6 month ago!?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Im kind of confused here!!

For the K-1 u have to get a medical in your homecountry prior to even get the visa.

And than u have to get a medical agian?

Why? That doesn´t make sense.

Can someone explain that to me, please.

But the to ge back to the topic the Doctor doesn´t do misconduct or anything. He has to sign a paper that you are healthy and no harm to the United States puplic, if he doesn´t examen you properly how can he tell you are health?! Just because another Physician did it 6 month ago!?

The doctor IS wrong. He isn't signing off on your HEALTH he's signing off on your immunisations. Quite different.

You obviously haven't researched AOS if you're querying the doctor part. Yes you get a medial in your home country, you DON'T get another medical here unless your medical is more than 12 months old. You DO need to see a CS to confirm that your immunisations are up to date and he then transcribes them into the vaccination portion of the I-693. Again, this ISN'T a new medical and a new medical isn't required, hence the OP being concerned that this doc is refusing to do a transcription when the instructions clearly state that's all she needs... so he's not following HIS rules.

Timeline

I have to disagree with the posts here suggesting misconduct by the doctor for only offering to sign forms if the full sevice is provided. If you call the plumber for a broken toilet and say you only want to buy the toilet but not pay for the installation, many will tell you 'sorry, we either do it all or nothing. The doctor operates his business as he sees fit and is not obligated to divide his services for customer convenience. That said, I think it would be nice if he were a bit more flexible but he is free to do things as he wants regarding fees, etc. You, in turn, as the customer, have every right to take your business elsewhere! This is still a free country and it is up to the 'marketplace' to settle these things.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.