17 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

low fraud usually means the living standard are about equal and the residents have free access to travel to the US

high fraud the country has a low living standard or is known to have terrorist groups . the residents will do anything to get the h--- out of there include marry a stranger they find online who they normally wouldn't be seen with.

Nigeria a class by it's own.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

When it comes to fraud, there is low-medium-high-Lagos.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

There is nothing about whole country, more about your case itself, they are more suspicious to people who were in USA already and can travel around the world, so there is nothing about level of life, it's about how consulate officers will act on your case and how you will look in their's eyes. This your question is more for non-immigrant visas, more worries about your return to the country where people have not so nice level of life.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I don't think there's a formal list anywhere that rates countries according to the level of fraud. The term "high fraud" is thrown around here when it's just generally known that a lot of visa fraud occurs in a particular country, and you may have a tough time getting a fiancee or spousal visa in that country as a result. I've searched for specific information on the denial rates by country, but never found the statistics. I could only find the totals for each visa category for all countries combined.

If you want a reasonable yardstick, find out what the perception is of the relative ease or difficulty for getting a tourist visa to the US in a particular country. If the perception is that it's practically impossible, then the likelihood is that it's a high fraud country. Even if the actual level of fraud in that country isn't very high, the net result is the same - it's difficult to squeeze a visa out of the consulate there.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I asked this "what is considered to be a high-fraud country" of an attorney who was previously a CO in two vastly different countries. He replied, "Any poor country."

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I personally think of "high" fraud countries as those who have to file to get a tourist visa. If they were not considered high fraud, they would be able to travel to the US under the Visa Waiver Program where anyone can enter the US with just a passport and stay here for 90 days without having to go to the embassy for a visa.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Are you out of your mind refering to Lagos? If you are not qualified to be issued a visa then thats it,it happens @ every embassy around the world.Try and change that idea of Lagos PLEASE!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Are you out of your mind refering to Lagos? If you are not qualified to be issued a visa then thats it,it happens @ every embassy around the world.Try and change that idea of Lagos PLEASE!

I was quoting a well respected Immigration Lawyer.

He charged a set fee, but not for Lagos.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The person isn't saying anything bad about Nigerians just about how terribly hard it is for anyone to get a visa. Many well qualified have to try twice to get through there. I doubt any other consulate in the world would ask if a parent died because you were marrying a white woman.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

You should check the U.S. embassy web site for the country you are involved with. You can usually find a discussion of that country with information on fraud. You could also check the State Department web site and search for fraud countries.

I just wanted to know about country being a high or low fraud in visa processing,and how do u know if your country is in the high or low fraud rate.thank's

This depends on the country you are taking about. Beneficiaries in Vietnam and China have a much more difficult time to get a visa than a beneficiary in Indonesia. That has to do with the practice of family members arranging marriage of relatives for the sole purpose of immigration.

Beneficiaries in middle east and some north African countries often have issues because certain names are very common and they are likely to be on lists associated with terrorist groups. A lot of extra processing time is required to clear that person.

keTiiDCjGVo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I was quoting a well respected Immigration Lawyer.

He charged a set fee, but not for Lagos.

Now i got a picture of what you are trying to say,sorry for my use of words.Hope we all get to the end of our journey meeting our loved ones without the embassy sitting as umpires in our journey.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

It's simply a well known fact that Lagos is in a class by itself when it comes to visa fraud. Unfortunately, some other countries are catching up fast including any sub-Saharan country in Africa and Morocco. The idea that if you qualify for a visa, it will be issued is far from reality. Just ask all those who are certain they qualify and their relationships are genuine but get denied anyway. Obtaining a spouse or fiancee visa is a highly subjective process and has always been.

The OP's case is Liberia, so definitely high fraud.

Low fraud countries are primarily those on the visa waiver program.

Medium tends to include most "second world" countries but some of them are high fraud too.

High fraud is the third world countries and any with concerns about terrorism.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.