Obama 2012

The Military Is About To Get More FABULOUS!!!

146 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Yeah, one thing about the military, the STRAIGHT guys never talk about girls or sex...ever. Well, not until they started letting the HOMOs in, then I guess, why not, I mean THEY talk about it. Before Bill Clinton was elected, you know, when there were NO homosexuals in the military, the men NEVER talked about sex, who they slept with, etc. Ever. Such things should never be discussed at "work" and they never did. And they never talked about VD (condoms were for rifle muzzles to keep mud out) and it is completely not true that Navy guys had a PCOD. In fact the is no such thing as an "Amerasian" baby because the men "working" in VietNam and Korea never had sex with women...they were working. Thta was just lying oriental chicks trying to get a green card.

Get a grip, will you. And stop pretending that you were ever OK with "Don't ask, Don't tell"

You hate gays, you hate that they share the planet with you and you want their rights taken away and their jobs if you can...so just fess up and say so. The only thing worse than a party-line hack is one that tries to be PC about it.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah, one thing about the military, the STRAIGHT guys never talk about girls or sex...ever. Well, not until they started letting the HOMOs in, then I guess, why not, I mean THEY talk about it. Before Bill Clinton was elected, you know, when there were NO homosexuals in the military, the men NEVER talked about sex, who they slept with, etc. Ever. Such things should never be discussed at "work" and they never did. And they never talked about VD (condoms were for rifle muzzles to keep mud out) and it is completely not true that Navy guys had a PCOD. In fact the is no such thing as an "Amerasian" baby because the men "working" in VietNam and Korea never had sex with women...they were working. Thta was just lying oriental chicks trying to get a green card.

Get a grip, will you. And stop pretending that you were ever OK with "Don't ask, Don't tell"

You hate gays, you hate that they share the planet with you and you want their rights taken away and their jobs if you can...so just fess up and say so. The only thing worse than a party-line hack is one that tries to be PC about it.

I know you're surely not talking to me.

Because pretending to know a damn thing about me is a sad mistake.

I've not once bashed anyone for being gay. I've not once said anything against someone of a different orientation once in this thread.

This isn't about "my stance" on gays as I have not once perpetuated that in my posts. You haven't a damn clue what my stance is on the subject, so don't pretend you do.

If you have some sort of rebuttal, make it about what I'm actually saying and take me up on that. Don't try and pretend to know me though. That's ridiculous.

So I would suggest you actually read what I'm saying about how SOME PEOPLE do feel about the situation and how that doesn't fit in to every day life for a lot of them.

We're not talking about someone's life style choice. We're talking about the damn military and the job they have to do and how important it is that distractions of any sort not get in the way of duty. While there are plenty who are accepting of people's lifestyles, there are plenty in the same boat who aren't. That is reality. That's not illusion, that's not a myth, that is the honest truth. The only thing going in the favor of this repeal today is the fact that things are a lot less communal than they once were once you get outside of BCT.

This issue has nothing to do with "gay rights."

The hypocrisy and the bullshit of the whole thing speaking of "party hacks" is that most on the far-left have no intention of EVER joining the military. Most gays who are fighting for this have no intention of EVER joining the military. It's just one more 'barrier' that is seen in the that needs to be torn down, that has absolutely nothing to do with lifestyle. -

This isn't about partnerships, marriage, unions, or whatever. This isn't about wanting to hold hand and kiss in public and not be shocked at people's reactions. Stop pretending like it is. This is just one more thing to say, "we will not shut up." and has nothing to do with real/actual rights.

What the hell does it matter for someone to be gay and serve in the military? It doesn't matter a damn thing. - What does it mean to be 'openly' gay and serve in the military? It matters a lot when you are found out about by your redneck/homophobic service members who will taunt you, tease you, and possibly do things worse to you.

We are not at a point in this country, in this society, that people have become fulling accepting to the overwhelming vast majority. The prop 8 vote in California should prove that. The numerous other states where the people vote on this should prove that.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

and now you're just trolling.... Good work. :thumbs:

Not trolling, responding your calling my comments foolish. If you aren't homophobic, you are inarticulate, because that is the only logical conclusion to your posts. I don't know you, so if I am laboring under a false illusion it is because of your comments, not trying to be difficult.

There are gays in the military. They are dedicated, hard working, and live constantly with the fear of being found out and losing their careers. A uniform code of ethical conduct covering sexual activity can be neutral in terms of homosexuality and heterosexuality. Moving beyond "Don't ask/Don't tell" will inevitably lead to that outcome.

The current system protects homophobes. It fails to protect homosexuals who wish to serve our country.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Not trolling, responding your calling my comments foolish. If you aren't homophobic, you are inarticulate, because that is the only logical conclusion to your posts. I don't know you, so if I am laboring under a false illusion it is because of your comments, not trying to be difficult.

There are gays in the military. They are dedicated, hard working, and live constantly with the fear of being found out and losing their careers. A uniform code of ethical conduct covering sexual activity can be neutral in terms of homosexuality and heterosexuality. Moving beyond "Don't ask/Don't tell" will inevitably lead to that outcome.

The current system protects homophobes. It fails to protect homosexuals who wish to serve our country.

DADT actually protects homosexuals by preventing investigation into their sexual orientation. Now that's not to say it doesn't still go on (and does)... but that's part of the law. - Those who investigate/look into someone for being gay under DADT were supposed to have equal consequences.

For the record, my approach has nothing to do with gays, it's just what presented itself an argument by others and i took it on accordingly.

My OP states clearly how I feel and as you mentioned the "neutral" for everyone:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/258369-the-military-is-about-to-get-more-fabulous/page__view__findpost__p__3965618

"""Your sexual preference should NEVER come up on the job. Who you're dating should never come up. Who you're screwing should never come up.

You are here to fight for this country and do your JOB.

"Don't Ask, Don't Tell" should be a blanket policy for everyone in the military.""""

Edited by Paul and Vanessa

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

I don't get why people should have to keep their relationships private. My best friend lived on base with his wife and kids, so their relationship was obviously not private.

I'm glad they're repealing Don't Ask, Don't Tell.

blink.gif ?

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

The military is not only backward regarding this issue....My husband didn't acknowledge me in his working life for 3 years, just because his "wife' at the time continuously threatened to tell his commanding officer about our relationship, "adultery" is also no go and can damage a career...yeh, we were blackmailed for many $'s. There was no 'adultery' as we got together after their separation but the military does not recognise anything other than divorce period.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

It's sad that so many people have so little knowledge of what the role of the military is.

The Military excludes people for all kinds of reasons things like tattoos with nudity or depicting a pot leaf.

For being over weight, for being too short, for poor eye vision and a host of other conditions.

The main question has always been will this change make the service perform better? Will it have negative effects?

SOmetimes Changes can bring about both good and bad but ...the god outweigh the bad such as when Blacks were integrated with the rest of the service, though there were conflicts they were out weighed by logistics and other improvements.

THe question is, how do kissing Marines, improve the Corps?

Sure Homos have always served in the military and one would suppose that some have even performed exceptional in their duties.... but the same can be said of Child molesters or drug addicts as they too have served. MAny of these taking-points are meaningless to the question; Do homosexuals or any other person in a fringe lifestyle have a "Right to serve"?

The clueless relate the military as a 9-5 job where you can keep your private life at home..... for many troops their home life is the military as you eat, bunk, work, recreation with the same guys in your unit.

This change will bring about a title wave of questions, every thing from barracks to bring a date to the Ball, to Gay-clubs on base to cross dressing and transgender rights?

Will Gays be tested for AIDS more often..... as they still are hundreds of times more likely to be infected?

..... in a profession where blood is both spilled often..... and sometimes required for transfusions this is not something a civilian bean counter would even consider.

Also, Can Gays marry if in a state which allows, will they get base housing and pay?

These situations / questions are endless.... yet amusing.

But really the one question I would like to have input on is.... "what improvements will this bring to the armed forces"?

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I don't have the time to read all the posts beyond the first 4 pages, but I hope this means the military will allow gay couples to cohabitate on bases just as heterosexual couples do, as well as be eligible for any family benefits.

Edited by El Buscador

That's the exact pont though, is there ARE people who are quite uncomfortable, there are people who even have a hatred for that lifestyle. Especially when you look at the fact that a lot of service members are quite religious as well, you know there's issues of comfort there.

This is the military. Keeping things stable, soldiers as comfortable as possible, keeping morale as high as possible, etc. are very important to their lives and the security of the areas in which they are serving.

So get over being uncomfortable.

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Actually I don't and would have given anything to be able to so honestly, but was not possible. Hell, I'd give anything to do it today.

It's in my blood, be it family, two of my best friends who I was supposed to join with, etc.

So what stopped you?

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

if you read other posts above, I explain this.

If someone is openly gay and you have communcal showers, there's going to be people uncomfortable. If there's someone sleeping in the same room as you, some will be uncomfortable.

It's the same exact reason why men and women don't share bunks together/share the same facilities.

There are still a lot of people out there who are very uncomfortable around those of that sexuality.

You have to look at how much time many spend their time with each other. It's 24/7 it a lot of cases.

This isn't just going to work and coming home for the evening like your regular 9-5 where people don't know much about you.

So what?

** 'em.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I don't have the time to read all the posts beyond the first 4 pages, but I hope this means the military will allow gay couples to cohabitate on bases just as heterosexual couples do, as well as be eligible for any family benefits.

:rofl:

Two men playing husband and wife is hardly a "family".

:lol:

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

It's sad that so many people have so little knowledge of what the role of the military is.

Amen to Danno Logic!

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS