itlog

I married the wrong sister

98 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I don't know how many people have run into this situation before but here it goes anyway. So a couple of years ago I got married to this girl from the Philippines. I thought we were in love but found out that she was just really good at manipulating people. Eventually I was able to file a K1, get her to the US, marry her then find out she had someone back home. I had that marriage annulled for marriage fraud. So I go about my business dating other girls. But now, I end up with her sister. Eventually I do want to bring her over. My question is will their relationship be a burden to my petition? Also, will I have to send a copy of my annulment papers with the K1 petition? Has anyone run into this before?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

That ought to make for some fun Christmas'

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
I don't know how many people have run into this situation before but here it goes anyway. So a couple of years ago I got married to this girl from the Philippines. I thought we were in love but found out that she was just really good at manipulating people. Eventually I was able to file a K1, get her to the US, marry her then find out she had someone back home. I had that marriage annulled for marriage fraud. So I go about my business dating other girls. But now, I end up with her sister. Eventually I do want to bring her over. My question is will their relationship be a burden to my petition? Also, will I have to send a copy of my annulment papers with the K1 petition? Has anyone run into this before?

Where is the first sister? If still in the USA, chances of you bringing her sister over on a fiance visa would be pretty slim.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

Assuming your ex-wife is back in the Phils, you do file a copy of your annulment with your petition. If the first K-1 is two years ago or less, you also write a letter explaining the situation and request a waiver under IMBRA. Better make darned sure that you present plenty of evidence that this new relationship is very real and that it has not just come up in the last few months. I wonder what your past and future in-laws think about all this?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

HI...IT SEEMS UR SITUATION IS VERY COMPLICATED. I JUST HAVE ONE QUESTION FOR YOU. DO YOU THINK THIS SISTER OF YOUR EX-WIFE REALLY LOVES YOU AND WILLING TO MARRY YOU FOR REAL? ITS NOT NORMAL FOR A SISTER TO MARRY OR BE WITH HER SISTER'S EX-HUSBAND OR EX-BF...NOT UNLESS IF THEY ARE KIND OF GAME OR LIBERATED, AS WHAT WE CALL IT. AND DON'T YOU HAVE ANY DOUBTS WHY THIS SISTER COMMIT TO HAVE A RELATIONSHIP WITH YOU WHEN SHE KNOW'S U WERE THE EX-HUSBAND OF HER SISTER?....SOMETHINGS NOT REALLY RIGHT.... IM NOT SAYING U BREAK HER UP...I JUST HOPE THAT WHEN YOU MARRY AGAIN, U WILL FIND THE RIGHT ONE AND NOT JUST SOMEONE WHO WILL MARRY YOU FOR SOME PERSONAL INTEREST OTHER THAN LOVE...COZ IF THATS THE CASE...YOU BOTH WILL NEVER BE HAPPY. GOODLUCK...

Filed: Timeline

HI...IT SEEMS UR SITUATION IS VERY COMPLICATED. I JUST HAVE ONE QUESTION FOR YOU. DO YOU THINK THIS SISTER OF YOUR EX-WIFE REALLY LOVES YOU AND WILLING TO MARRY YOU FOR REAL? ITS NOT NORMAL FOR A SISTER TO MARRY OR BE WITH HER SISTER'S EX-HUSBAND OR EX-BF...NOT UNLESS IF THEY ARE KIND OF GAME OR LIBERATED, AS WHAT WE CALL IT. AND DON'T YOU HAVE ANY DOUBTS WHY THIS SISTER COMMIT TO HAVE A RELATIONSHIP WITH YOU WHEN SHE KNOW'S U WERE THE EX-HUSBAND OF HER SISTER?....SOMETHINGS NOT REALLY RIGHT.... IM NOT SAYING U BREAK HER UP...I JUST HOPE THAT WHEN YOU MARRY AGAIN, U WILL FIND THE RIGHT ONE AND NOT JUST SOMEONE WHO WILL MARRY YOU FOR SOME PERSONAL INTEREST OTHER THAN LOVE...COZ IF THATS THE CASE...YOU BOTH WILL NEVER BE HAPPY. GOODLUCK...

:bonk: What the???? The OP asked for immigration advise not your take on his ways....

oh, and please DO NOT TYPE IN CAPS. Bad netiquette.

Timeline
Assuming your ex-wife is back in the Phils, you do file a copy of your annulment with your petition. If the first K-1 is two years ago or less, you also write a letter explaining the situation and request a waiver under IMBRA. Better make darned sure that you present plenty of evidence that this new relationship is very real and that it has not just come up in the last few months. I wonder what your past and future in-laws think about all this?

What's IMBRA? In general, what should be in that letter? My main way of contacting her has been through prepaid phone cards. I can pull my detailed calling but it will only have the 800 number for the phone card. Will that be a problem?

My past and future in-laws are very happy about the whole situation. When my first wife went back to her country, she wasn't allowed to move back in for a while because she brought shame to her family.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

What's IMBRA? In general, what should be in that letter? My main way of contacting her has been through prepaid phone cards. I can pull my detailed calling but it will only have the 800 number for the phone card. Will that be a problem?

My past and future in-laws are very happy about the whole situation. When my first wife went back to her country, she wasn't allowed to move back in for a while because she brought shame to her family.

IMBRA is International Marriage Brokers Act. Don't ask why it applies to this, but it does. Read the directions for the I-129f. You need to be able to prove that you have actually visited your fiancee within the last two years (and not, presumably, in her capacity as your wife's sister) and the more recently, the better. E-mails, chat logs, and above all photographs, flight tickets, hotel bills, are all needed. You've been there, done that, so you already know this.

Timeline

IMBRA is International Marriage Brokers Act. Don't ask why it applies to this, but it does. Read the directions for the I-129f. You need to be able to prove that you have actually visited your fiancee within the last two years (and not, presumably, in her capacity as your wife's sister) and the more recently, the better. E-mails, chat logs, and above all photographs, flight tickets, hotel bills, are all needed. You've been there, done that, so you already know this.

So basically I just need the same information as before with the addition of the IMBRA paperwork and a much much better explanation?!?

Jer-ry! Jer-ry! Jer-ry!

:lol::lol: Does sound Jerrish!!!! Jer-ry! Jer-ry! Jer-ry!

****Removal of Conditions ****

7/13/09 Sent I-751 application VSC

7/16/09 Package arrived at VSC at 2:08pm signed by D. Renaud

7/24/09 Rcvd I-797C, NOA from VSC

7/29/09 Rcvd Biometric letter...biometrics appt 8/18/09

11/24/09 Rcvd ROC approval ltr...dated 11/18/09

12/04/09 Rcvd 10 yr Green Card in mail

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

:bonk: What the???? The OP asked for immigration advise not your take on his ways....

oh, and please DO NOT TYPE IN CAPS. Bad netiquette.

2123392792_7f5df7ddda.jpg

Jer-ry! Jer-ry! Jer-ry!

jerryjerry.gif

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

My thoughts on this are that any girl who is willing to get with her sister's ex-husband has questionable morals, no matter how "in love" she may seem with you. This kind of relationship is asking for trouble, and is bound to create even more family drama--resentment, jealousy, fights. I personally wouldn't want to get myself involved in a mess like that or be a catalyst for the break-up of family relationships. It's just not worth it. No matter how hard it may seem, end the relationship and move on to find someone else that isn't willing to risk destroying her relationship with family. Family, after all, is first and foremost. Another way to look at it is, would you marry a girl that your own brother or sister had been in a relationship with, whether married or boyfriend/girlfriend? Would you be willing to ruin your relationship with him/her for a so-called love with their ex? Or on the other side, how would you feel if your own brother/sister told you they were going to marry your own ex?

"One love, one heart, let's get together and feel alright..."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.