itlog

I married the wrong sister

98 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am a newbie here but have read quite a bit. In answer to your question you can tell from the responses that it is questionable for some people. I think it's safe to say the visa process could be harder for you. The embassy has much latitude in making decisions. Whenever dealing with morals it is a subjective thing. I would get some competent legal advice. Keep in mind there are lawyers who will accept the case just to make money so find a good one.

This is a great site for visa processes which are run-of-the-mill (normal) but your situation is definitely out-of-the-norm (unusual). You will feel more secure if there was a lawyer arguing your case if he/she feels they can help get the visa. IMO, when dealing with moral issues the more eyes you get on your case treating it as if it was no big deal the better. That's just the nature of morality and society.

AnnaJeff's blog ****

th_PIC_1059.jpg

I love Jeff I Love Anna

725325v80m0346dj.gif7.gifTTT725325v80m0346dj.gif

725325v80m0346dj.gif

xoxoTTT

252682in41fsxg03.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I don't know how many people have run into this situation before but here it goes anyway. So a couple of years ago I got married to this girl from the Philippines. I thought we were in love but found out that she was just really good at manipulating people. Eventually I was able to file a K1, get her to the US, marry her then find out she had someone back home. I had that marriage annulled for marriage fraud. So I go about my business dating other girls. But now, I end up with her sister. Eventually I do want to bring her over. My question is will their relationship be a burden to my petition? Also, will I have to send a copy of my annulment papers with the K1 petition? Has anyone run into this before?

HI...IT SEEMS UR SITUATION IS VERY COMPLICATED. I JUST HAVE ONE QUESTION FOR YOU. DO YOU THINK THIS SISTER OF YOUR EX-WIFE REALLY LOVES YOU AND WILLING TO MARRY YOU FOR REAL? ITS NOT NORMAL FOR A SISTER TO MARRY OR BE WITH HER SISTER'S EX-HUSBAND OR EX-BF...NOT UNLESS IF THEY ARE KIND OF GAME OR LIBERATED, AS WHAT WE CALL IT. AND DON'T YOU HAVE ANY DOUBTS WHY THIS SISTER COMMIT TO HAVE A RELATIONSHIP WITH YOU WHEN SHE KNOW'S U WERE THE EX-HUSBAND OF HER SISTER?....SOMETHINGS NOT REALLY RIGHT.... IM NOT SAYING U BREAK HER UP...I JUST HOPE THAT WHEN YOU MARRY AGAIN, U WILL FIND THE RIGHT ONE AND NOT JUST SOMEONE WHO WILL MARRY YOU FOR SOME PERSONAL INTEREST OTHER THAN LOVE...COZ IF THATS THE CASE...YOU BOTH WILL NEVER BE HAPPY. GOODLUCK...

three thumbs up. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

THE JOURNEY

03-31-08 - FILED for K1

04-16-08 - NOA1

06-11-08 - RFE on uscis website

08-12-08 - fiance started calling uscis every week cos he never got the RFE in the mail, requested for a new one

08-13-08 - touched

09-19-08 - touched

09-24-08 - touched

10-15-08 - new RFE finally in the mail (after hundreds of calls to uscis)

10-28-08 - fiance sent back RFE documents

10-31-08 - touched

11-04-08 - RFE reply recieved

11-05-08 - touched

11-10-08 - APPROVED (on uscis website)

11-11-08 - touched

11-13-08 - touched

11-17-08 - NOA2

11-24-08 - consulate received

12-15-08 - day 1 medical exam at SLEC

12-16-08 - day 2 medical exam results released

01-07-09 - INTERVIEW APPROVED

01-16-09 - visa received

02-12-09 - CFO

03-15-09 - FLIGHT

06-11-09 - wedding

07-10-09 - AOS

08-21-09 - biometrics

09-23-09 - repeat biometrics (argh!)

Timeline
I don't know how many people have run into this situation before but here it goes anyway. So a couple of years ago I got married to this girl from the Philippines. I thought we were in love but found out that she was just really good at manipulating people. Eventually I was able to file a K1, get her to the US, marry her then find out she had someone back home. I had that marriage annulled for marriage fraud. So I go about my business dating other girls. But now, I end up with her sister. Eventually I do want to bring her over. My question is will their relationship be a burden to my petition? Also, will I have to send a copy of my annulment papers with the K1 petition? Has anyone run into this before?

My thoughts on this are that any girl who is willing to get with her sister's ex-husband has questionable morals, no matter how "in love" she may seem with you. This kind of relationship is asking for trouble, and is bound to create even more family drama--resentment, jealousy, fights. I personally wouldn't want to get myself involved in a mess like that or be a catalyst for the break-up of family relationships. It's just not worth it. No matter how hard it may seem, end the relationship and move on to find someone else that isn't willing to risk destroying her relationship with family. Family, after all, is first and foremost. Another way to look at it is, would you marry a girl that your own brother or sister had been in a relationship with, whether married or boyfriend/girlfriend? Would you be willing to ruin your relationship with him/her for a so-called love with their ex? Or on the other side, how would you feel if your own brother/sister told you they were going to marry your own ex?

this one was good too.

THE JOURNEY

03-31-08 - FILED for K1

04-16-08 - NOA1

08-12-08 - fiance started calling uscis every week cos he never got the RFE in the mail, requested for a new one

08-13-08 - touched

09-19-08 - touched

09-24-08 - touched

10-31-08 - touched

11-05-08 - touched

11-11-08 - touched

11-13-08 - touched

11-17-08 - NOA2

01-16-09 - visa received

02-12-09 - CFO

03-15-09 - FLIGHT

06-11-09 - wedding

07-10-09 - AOS

08-21-09 - biometrics

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I agree with *Len*, the OP was not asking for relationship or moral advice. It is lovely that everyone wants to give some, but I doubt that he is interested in our opinions on his unique situation.

Seeing as that the original marriage was annulled, he is not really an ex-husband. If the original marriage was entered into fraudulently, then it did not occur. It is kind of like offensive offsides, a 5 yard penalty and play the down over.

As long as the OP can prove a bona-fide relationship with said sister, then I fail to see any reason that he can not successfully sponsor a visa on her behalf. As for the family dynamics, let's leave that to the original poster!

Ingats

donald -n- analyn

For Filipino events on the Space Coast, see our organization's web site.

2006-09-21 :: met online

2007-05-23 :: first met in Philippines

2009-03-22 :: welcome to USA, POE Detroit!!!

2009-06-13 :: married in Florida!!!

2010-03-18 :: AoS approved, no interview :-)

See our timeline for the riveting details! Good luck on YOUR journey!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

HI...IT SEEMS UR SITUATION IS VERY COMPLICATED. I JUST HAVE ONE QUESTION FOR YOU. DO YOU THINK THIS SISTER OF YOUR EX-WIFE REALLY LOVES YOU AND WILLING TO MARRY YOU FOR REAL? ITS NOT NORMAL FOR A SISTER TO MARRY OR BE WITH HER SISTER'S EX-HUSBAND OR EX-BF...NOT UNLESS IF THEY ARE KIND OF GAME OR LIBERATED, AS WHAT WE CALL IT. AND DON'T YOU HAVE ANY DOUBTS WHY THIS SISTER COMMIT TO HAVE A RELATIONSHIP WITH YOU WHEN SHE KNOW'S U WERE THE EX-HUSBAND OF HER SISTER?....SOMETHINGS NOT REALLY RIGHT.... IM NOT SAYING U BREAK HER UP...I JUST HOPE THAT WHEN YOU MARRY AGAIN, U WILL FIND THE RIGHT ONE AND NOT JUST SOMEONE WHO WILL MARRY YOU FOR SOME PERSONAL INTEREST OTHER THAN LOVE...COZ IF THATS THE CASE...YOU BOTH WILL NEVER BE HAPPY. GOODLUCK...

:bonk: What the???? The OP asked for immigration advise not your take on his ways....

oh, and please DO NOT TYPE IN CAPS. Bad netiquette.

Bad netiquette???....

Hmmmmmmmmmm.....etiquette u mean...i dont care. What i said was just my opinion... M.Y.O.B

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My thoughts on this are that any girl who is willing to get with her sister's ex-husband has questionable morals, no matter how "in love" she may seem with you. This kind of relationship is asking for trouble, and is bound to create even more family drama--resentment, jealousy, fights. I personally wouldn't want to get myself involved in a mess like that or be a catalyst for the break-up of family relationships. It's just not worth it. No matter how hard it may seem, end the relationship and move on to find someone else that isn't willing to risk destroying her relationship with family. Family, after all, is first and foremost. Another way to look at it is, would you marry a girl that your own brother or sister had been in a relationship with, whether married or boyfriend/girlfriend? Would you be willing to ruin your relationship with him/her for a so-called love with their ex? Or on the other side, how would you feel if your own brother/sister told you they were going to marry your own ex?

I am not sure if you are Muslim or not but I think you may be because your spouse is from Morocco. If you had knowledge about Islaam, you would know that two of Prophet Muhammad's daughters married the same man, Uthman bin Affan. When the first sister died of malaria, the other sister married him later. Maybe you should keep quiet and know your own spouses religion if not your own.

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

Marriage : 2007-11-24

I-130 Sent : 2008-01-17

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-12

Expedite Request Approved - 2008-04-17

NOA2: 2008-04-22

National Visa Center

Case Number Assigned: 2008-04-25

DS-3032 and AOS Fee Bill Generated: 2008-05-05

AOS Fee Bill Paid: 2008-05-03

DS-3032 Accepted: 2008-05-07

I-864 Hard Copy Mailed: 2008-05-07

IV Fee Bill Paid - 2008-08-04

DS230 Mailed - 2008-08-06

Case Completed - 2008-08-13

Interview - 2008-10-07 - Put on AP

Passport Requested - 2008-12-14

Passport Received - 2008-12-26

POE - 2008-12-29

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I am not sure if you are Muslim or not but I think you may be because your spouse is from Morocco. If you had knowledge about Islaam, you would know that two of Prophet Muhammad's daughters married the same man, Uthman bin Affan. When the first sister died of malaria, the other sister married him later. Maybe you should keep quiet and know your own spouses religion if not your own.

I dont mean any disrespect, but this sister is not passed away. This is an entirely different situation.

sorry, back to topic

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

:bonk: What the???? The OP asked for immigration advise not your take on his ways....

oh, and please DO NOT TYPE IN CAPS. Bad netiquette.

Bad netiquette???....

Hmmmmmmmmmm.....etiquette u mean...i dont care. What i said was just my opinion... M.Y.O.B

Nope - netiqutte is the correct term! As we are on the internet. :thumbs:

Timeline:

3/11/08 I 129 F filed

3/20/08 NOA1

6/20/08 NOA2

7/05/08 Packet 3

12/22/08 Interview

12/29/08 Visa Delivered

1/26/08 POE

3/20/08 Wedding

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I dont mean any disrespect, but this sister is not passed away. This is an entirely different situation.

sorry, back to topic

Her statement was unconditional and general. Whether she intended it or not, she insulted all women who fall into this category. It is incumbent for the Muslim to defend all other Muslims who are slandered, so what about the daughters of our beloved Messenger? Allaah said in the translation of the meaning,

“neither backbite one another. Would one of you like to eat the flesh of his dead brother? You would hate it (so hate backbiting). And fear Allaah.”

[al-Hujuraat 49:12]

Speaking irresponsibly or without thought is no excuse for broad insulting statements.

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

Marriage : 2007-11-24

I-130 Sent : 2008-01-17

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-12

Expedite Request Approved - 2008-04-17

NOA2: 2008-04-22

National Visa Center

Case Number Assigned: 2008-04-25

DS-3032 and AOS Fee Bill Generated: 2008-05-05

AOS Fee Bill Paid: 2008-05-03

DS-3032 Accepted: 2008-05-07

I-864 Hard Copy Mailed: 2008-05-07

IV Fee Bill Paid - 2008-08-04

DS230 Mailed - 2008-08-06

Case Completed - 2008-08-13

Interview - 2008-10-07 - Put on AP

Passport Requested - 2008-12-14

Passport Received - 2008-12-26

POE - 2008-12-29

Timeline

the name ITLOG is EGG in english.

is the OP filipino? by roots?

its a given that he is a USC. but maybe perhaps filipino by ancestry?

THE JOURNEY

03-31-08 - FILED for K1

04-16-08 - NOA1

08-13-08 - touched

09-19-08 - touched

09-24-08 - touched

10-31-08 - touched

11-05-08 - touched

11-11-08 - touched

11-13-08 - touched

11-17-08 - NOA2

01-16-09 - visa received

02-12-09 - CFO

03-15-09 - FLIGHT

06-11-09 - wedding

07-10-09 - AOS

08-21-09 - biometrics

sorry, back to topic

Her statement was unconditional and general. Whether she intended it or not, she insulted all women who fall into this category. It is incumbent for the Muslim to defend all other Muslims who are slandered, so what about the daughters of our beloved Messenger? Allaah said in the translation of the meaning,

“neither backbite one another. Would one of you like to eat the flesh of his dead brother? You would hate it (so hate backbiting). And fear Allaah.”

[al-Hujuraat 49:12]

Speaking irresponsibly or without thought is no excuse for broad insulting statements.

Oh get over yourself. The posts were not religiously motivated so why bring religion into it? It was simply someone's personal thoughts on a particular issue. Maybe you should consider that the intention here was not to insult or offend anyone so why are you making such a big deal about it? If you support two women marrying the same man then good for you, if someone else doesn't, it isn't any of your business.

One it will raise flag big time to the USCIS knowing that your trying to bring sisters to the states.

The other one it is now consider where is she related to you, in the USCIS and us of course she is now your sister in law...

Ummmmmmn the big thing is that the time frames... all I can say is A BIG FLAG for the USCIS.

Honey Bun and Sweet Bun Forevermore

In Philippines you can have mulitiple wives, if your Muslim.

Sure make me want to move to PI and change religion.

What a life.......

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.