itlog

I married the wrong sister

98 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Well if ya can't beat em, join em. :pop:

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline
Assuming your ex-wife is back in the Phils, you do file a copy of your annulment with your petition. If the first K-1 is two years ago or less, you also write a letter explaining the situation and request a waiver under IMBRA. Better make darned sure that you present plenty of evidence that this new relationship is very real and that it has not just come up in the last few months. I wonder what your past and future in-laws think about all this?

Uh...I think you have it confused. Doesn't IMBRA have to do with other issues. In the instructions the following addresses a previous K-1 being issued, but is not related to IMBRA. IMBRA refers to having meet through a marriage broker, and other issues that are not related to having filed before.

He will have to provide information but it is not because of IMBRA.

2. Filing Limitations on K Nonimmigrant Petitioners.

If you have filed two or more K-1 visa petitions at any time in the past or previously had a K-1 visa petition approved within two years prior to the filing of this petition, you must apply for a waiver. To request a waiver you must submit a written request with this petition accompanied by documentation of your claim to the waiver.

If you have committed a violent offense against a person or persons, USCIS may not grant such a waiver unless you can demonstrate that extraordinary circumstances exist. For details regarding those circumstances, see Item 7.B. of these instructions.

Those filing restrictions are part of IMBRA.

I really don't want to seem I am nitpicking. But in the Instructions:

Step 2. General requirements

1. Compliance with the International Marriage Broker Regulation Act (IMBRA)........

2. Filing Limitations on K Nonimmigrant Petitioners.....

I am curious as to how 'Under General' requirements you feel 2 is part of 1?

My initial response was to rebut a statement someone said he would need to comply with IMBRA issues because he had a previous K-1 approved in the past two years. Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but I don't feel this issue relates to IMBRA at all.

Timeline:

17 Nov 2008 - Sent I-129F to CSC

19 Nov 2008 - NOA1

03 Apr 2009 - NOA2 approval (email)

09 Apr 2009 - NVC received

13 Apr 2009 - Sent to Embassy

23 Jun 2009 - Interview date USEM - Posted USEM website 30 Apr 2009

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Assuming your ex-wife is back in the Phils, you do file a copy of your annulment with your petition. If the first K-1 is two years ago or less, you also write a letter explaining the situation and request a waiver under IMBRA. Better make darned sure that you present plenty of evidence that this new relationship is very real and that it has not just come up in the last few months. I wonder what your past and future in-laws think about all this?

Uh...I think you have it confused. Doesn't IMBRA have to do with other issues. In the instructions the following addresses a previous K-1 being issued, but is not related to IMBRA. IMBRA refers to having meet through a marriage broker, and other issues that are not related to having filed before.

He will have to provide information but it is not because of IMBRA.

2. Filing Limitations on K Nonimmigrant Petitioners.

If you have filed two or more K-1 visa petitions at any time in the past or previously had a K-1 visa petition approved within two years prior to the filing of this petition, you must apply for a waiver. To request a waiver you must submit a written request with this petition accompanied by documentation of your claim to the waiver.

If you have committed a violent offense against a person or persons, USCIS may not grant such a waiver unless you can demonstrate that extraordinary circumstances exist. For details regarding those circumstances, see Item 7.B. of these instructions.

Those filing restrictions are part of IMBRA.

I really don't want to seem I am nitpicking. But in the Instructions:

Step 2. General requirements

1. Compliance with the International Marriage Broker Regulation Act (IMBRA)........

2. Filing Limitations on K Nonimmigrant Petitioners.....

I am curious as to how 'Under General' requirements you feel 2 is part of 1?

My initial response was to rebut a statement someone said he would need to comply with IMBRA issues because he had a previous K-1 approved in the past two years. Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but I don't feel this issue relates to IMBRA at all.

You're wrong. Read the actual IMBRA law that imposed the restrictions. Just google "IMBRA". Here, I'll do it for you. First in a long list that came up by googling "IMBRA filing restrictions".

http://www.articlealley.com/article_655314_18.html

Also the IMBRA legislation establishes limitations on the number of petitions for K visas one may file on behalf of a Thai loved one. Also, the Act lays out restrictions on how many K Visa petitions one may file for within a certain period of time.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
the name ITLOG is EGG in english.

is the OP filipino? by roots?

its a given that he is a USC. but maybe perhaps filipino by ancestry?

You are correct. I am a Filipino and USC. I was born in the Philippines but raised int eh US.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I was gone one morning and this is what happens to a thread :no:

see, it's all your fault for leaving :angry:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

unless, of course, one is talking about testicles and staplers.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

unless, of course, one is talking about testicles and staplers.

sounds like one of those weird underground parties my grandpa use to go to ROFL

JUST KIDDING FOLKS!!

back to you.... :whistle:

1000718m.th.jpg

07/15/08[/font] Sent off I 129F

07/17/08 Arrived and picked up by CSC

07/25/08 NOA-1 FINALLY!!!!

07/31/08 CHECK WAS CASHED!

07/28/08 touched!!

12/08/08 NOA2 FINALLY!

12/13/08 NOA2 received in the mail

12/18/08 Called NVC at (603)334-0700 and talked to a nice lady named Rose. Our case was received on the13th and was sent out to sydney...WE WILL SEE!

12/13/08 NVC received letter and said they sent out to Sydney

12/18/08 received letter in the mail from NVC.

12/19/08 another letter from NVC stating it was shipped out

12/24/08 ARRIVED IN SYDNEY at 10:26 am and signed by tom

12/29/08 CONFIRMED it is at Sydney and Good ol Tom did sign for it LOL THANKS TOM!!

12/29/08 Sydney waiting for paper file from nvc and has it requested

12/31/08 Sydney confirmed through email that the paper file was received

01/05/09 His police checks are done and sent off!!

01/28/09 Kai went to his medicals forgot one of his passport pics and needs two more shots all was good!

2/18/09 medicals ready to be picked

2/20/09 packet 3 sent in

2/26/09 pkt 3 received today takes UP to 10 days

04/07/09 interview....APPROVED!!!!

04/20/09 He flew in ..flight was changed he was 3 hours late BUT HE IS HOME

port of entry took 2 mins!! LOL

04/25/09 WE ARE MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!

I was gone one morning and this is what happens to a thread :no:

see, it's all your fault for leaving :angry:

:rofl::lol::rofl:

next time dont leave the thread hanging up :P

<style>body{background-image:url(http://images67.imikimi.com/image/images2_full/19twj-101.gif);background-repeat:no-repeat;}</style>

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Why not put some moves on the mother??? This would give you more time to evaluate your options.

:lol:

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

I am a newbie here but have read quite a bit. In answer to your question you can tell from the responses that it is questionable for some people. I think it's safe to say the visa process could be harder for you. The embassy has much latitude in making decisions. Whenever dealing with morals it is a subjective thing. I would get some competent legal advice. Keep in mind there are lawyers who will accept the case just to make money so find a good one.

This is a great site for visa processes which are run-of-the-mill (normal) but your situation is definitely out-of-the-norm (unusual). You will feel more secure if there was a lawyer arguing your case if he/she feels they can help get the visa. IMO, when dealing with moral issues the more eyes you get on your case treating it as if it was no big deal the better. That's just the nature of morality and society.

Couldn't agree more. :thumbs:

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

How many sisters are there? Have you met any of the cousins? What about the neighbors? lets see who else. :thumbs:

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

For Petes sakes, best friends girl, wife sister etc dont you people know boundries here. Find a new village to prowl in Jeesh leave that family discord alone!!!!

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

Sounds akward but if she loves you for real, better be more careful...

CITIZENSHIP 06-19-2013 Sent N400 Application (Chicago Lockbox)

06-21-2013 USCIS received my N400 application

06-25-2013 USCIS mailed the NOA1

06-28-2013 USCIS mailed the Biometrics appt

07-01-2013 Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt letter

​07-15-2013 Biometrics Appt.

08-27-2013 Interview/Test passed

10-07-2013 Oath taking

IR-5 MOM AND DAD

02-20-2014 mailed I-130 for my parents

02-24-2014 USCIS received the I-130 docs

03-17-2014 USCIS approved the petition (took 15 days, weekdays only)

03-25-2014 USCIS shipped the approved case to NVC

04-02-2014 NVC received the papers (6 days from the approval date)

05-01-2014 Got the 2 case numbers. (21 days)

05-07-2014 Got an email & paid the AOS fee (4 days); DS-261(Choice of Agent) sent

05-09-2014 AOS status "PAID" (2 days from the date the was paid)

05-22-2014 AOS docs delivered in NVC

06-27-2014 RFE for I864 and I864A (i left the Place of residence blank, 26 days from the date they received the AOS)

06-28-2014 Mailed the corrected forms to NVC

06-30-2014 NVC received the AOS corrected forms

07-01-2014 Received IV Bill Invoice, paid.

07-02-2014 PAID status of the mother

07-07-2014 PAID status of the father

07-08-2014 Mailed the supporting docs

07-10-2014 Supporting docs arrived at NVC

07-11-2014 Submitted DS260 of mother

07-13-2014 Submitted DS260 of father

09-04-2014 Called NVC and the lady said CASE COMPLETE! (136 days total from the day they received the I-130)

09-11-2014 Received an email regarding the Interview (5 days from the day the case was completed)

09-15-2014 Status "In Transit" inCEAC

09-16-2014 Status "Ready" CEAC

10-03-2014 Interview/AP/USEM (no record of their medical,DAD needs to get an NBI explanation letter&new NBI clearance with his "aka"

10-8-2014 Mom called St Lukes and asked about the medical results, they said they submitted it already back in June

10-10-2014 Mom mailed the NBI Clearance of my dad

10-14-2014 NBI clearance delivered in USEM

10-06-2014 Visa Issued CEAC

10-09-2014 Got an email that my dad's visa was issued

10-14-2014 Visa delivered 11-29-2014 POE

12-08-2014 SS Card arrived

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.