itlog

I married the wrong sister

98 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Thanks for exposing your true prejudices.

You're the one who took somebody's odd question about marrying his ex's sister and decided to use it as a soapbox to play the offended Muslim. Until your comment, nobody had brought up religion of any sort.

If someone had actually made a comment about my religion, yeah, I'd have defended it. But that's different from launching into how-dare-you-say-stuff-about-Muslims diatribes when nobody had even brought up religion.

Shaggy, if you read my post, it was not directed at just any individual who made a comment. It was made to someone who is either Muslim or married to a Muslim. If it is the first case, they should know their own religion. If it is the second case, then they should be more conscious of their own spouse's religion. It is not like John Q. Public made a comment, and I responded. I even pointed that out in my post. It seems you and chavelle both need to read the entire post and the preceding ones before interjecting.

Isn't ther some kind of forum for bible thumpers and other religious crazies that you can take this to???

I suspect you need a thumping. :bonk:

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Wow, there sure are some pissy people in here today. Do we all need a lesson in proper "netiquette"? Love that term Len!

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Wow, there sure are some pissy people in here today. Do we all need a lesson in proper "netiquette"? Love that term Len!

I did not make it up sister. It's been around 4 while.

Right, it would be bad netiquette to take credit for somebody else's invention. Everybody knows Al Gore invented the internet and everything that goes with it.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Timeline

Right, it would be bad netiquette to take credit for somebody else's invention. Everybody knows Al Gore invented the internet and everything that goes with it.

:lol:

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline
Assuming your ex-wife is back in the Phils, you do file a copy of your annulment with your petition. If the first K-1 is two years ago or less, you also write a letter explaining the situation and request a waiver under IMBRA. Better make darned sure that you present plenty of evidence that this new relationship is very real and that it has not just come up in the last few months. I wonder what your past and future in-laws think about all this?

Uh...I think you have it confused. Doesn't IMBRA have to do with other issues. In the instructions the following addresses a previous K-1 being issued, but is not related to IMBRA. IMBRA refers to having meet through a marriage broker, and other issues that are not related to having filed before.

He will have to provide information but it is not because of IMBRA.

2. Filing Limitations on K Nonimmigrant Petitioners.

If you have filed two or more K-1 visa petitions at any time in the past or previously had a K-1 visa petition approved within two years prior to the filing of this petition, you must apply for a waiver. To request a waiver you must submit a written request with this petition accompanied by documentation of your claim to the waiver.

If you have committed a violent offense against a person or persons, USCIS may not grant such a waiver unless you can demonstrate that extraordinary circumstances exist. For details regarding those circumstances, see Item 7.B. of these instructions.

Timeline:

17 Nov 2008 - Sent I-129F to CSC

19 Nov 2008 - NOA1

03 Apr 2009 - NOA2 approval (email)

09 Apr 2009 - NVC received

13 Apr 2009 - Sent to Embassy

23 Jun 2009 - Interview date USEM - Posted USEM website 30 Apr 2009

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Assuming your ex-wife is back in the Phils, you do file a copy of your annulment with your petition. If the first K-1 is two years ago or less, you also write a letter explaining the situation and request a waiver under IMBRA. Better make darned sure that you present plenty of evidence that this new relationship is very real and that it has not just come up in the last few months. I wonder what your past and future in-laws think about all this?

Uh...I think you have it confused. Doesn't IMBRA have to do with other issues. In the instructions the following addresses a previous K-1 being issued, but is not related to IMBRA. IMBRA refers to having meet through a marriage broker, and other issues that are not related to having filed before.

He will have to provide information but it is not because of IMBRA.

2. Filing Limitations on K Nonimmigrant Petitioners.

If you have filed two or more K-1 visa petitions at any time in the past or previously had a K-1 visa petition approved within two years prior to the filing of this petition, you must apply for a waiver. To request a waiver you must submit a written request with this petition accompanied by documentation of your claim to the waiver.

If you have committed a violent offense against a person or persons, USCIS may not grant such a waiver unless you can demonstrate that extraordinary circumstances exist. For details regarding those circumstances, see Item 7.B. of these instructions.

Those filing restrictions are part of IMBRA.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Country: Taiwan
Timeline

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
I don't know how many people have run into this situation before but here it goes anyway. So a couple of years ago I got married to this girl from the Philippines. I thought we were in love but found out that she was just really good at manipulating people. Eventually I was able to file a K1, get her to the US, marry her then find out she had someone back home. I had that marriage annulled for marriage fraud. So I go about my business dating other girls. But now, I end up with her sister. Eventually I do want to bring her over. My question is will their relationship be a burden to my petition? Also, will I have to send a copy of my annulment papers with the K1 petition? Has anyone run into this before?

My thoughts on this are that any girl who is willing to get with her sister's ex-husband has questionable morals, no matter how "in love" she may seem with you. This kind of relationship is asking for trouble, and is bound to create even more family drama--resentment, jealousy, fights. I personally wouldn't want to get myself involved in a mess like that or be a catalyst for the break-up of family relationships. It's just not worth it. No matter how hard it may seem, end the relationship and move on to find someone else that isn't willing to risk destroying her relationship with family. Family, after all, is first and foremost. Another way to look at it is, would you marry a girl that your own brother or sister had been in a relationship with, whether married or boyfriend/girlfriend? Would you be willing to ruin your relationship with him/her for a so-called love with their ex? Or on the other side, how would you feel if your own brother/sister told you they were going to marry your own ex?

I am not sure if you are Muslim or not but I think you may be because your spouse is from Morocco. If you had knowledge about Islaam, you would know that two of Prophet Muhammad's daughters married the same man, Uthman bin Affan. When the first sister died of malaria, the other sister married him later. Maybe you should keep quiet and know your own spouses religion if not your own.

Okay, I don't know who you think you are, but I said absolutely nothing about religion here! :wow:

I was making a general statement about the ramifications and difficulties of getting involved with this type of relationship.

Also, you are making assumptions about me, my fiance, my religion, my fiance's religion, my value and belief system, and my fiance's value and belief system. Besides, what does it matter to you what religion my fiance or I practice? Does it seriously personally affect you? And tell me, where exactly in my post did I mention anything specific about religion?

Also, you know absolutely nothing about me or my fiance, yet you sit here and judge me without knowing anything about me, telling me basically to shut up :wow: because you think I've made some kind of religious statement?!

You're simply reading into something that isn't there. If you want to bring up religion and get on a soapbox getting yourself all worked up over nothing, that's your own personal problem. I'm sure your blood pressure is thanking you for it now.

If you wanted to insult me or get me to think about how I supposedly offended you or your religion, it didn't work. I am not taking your comments and insults toward me personally because I simply realize that your reaction is your problem. :thumbs:

Maybe you should stop making assumptions and taking everything so personally.

"One love, one heart, let's get together and feel alright..."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.