Beauty for Ashes

stateside honor killings

135 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

The house where I grew up.....our street deadended into an apartment complex. When I was a teenager, we had what was later deemed an honor killing in one of those apartments. A teenage girl, killed by her father. It was so sad.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
i know someone from a small village in jordan who got killed by her father and brother, and she was actually married...problem was she married in secrecy...she had a tummy ache one nihgt, brother took her to the hospital and the doc told the brother, congrats your gonna be a daddy, he hung his head in shame...took her home, and put a bullet in her head....i dont know what ended up happening to him, but your right julianna, a few years in prison is about all that happens most of the time...

I know a true story of something that happened in Algeria. There was a young teenage girl and she fell in love with a shop owner in oran. He was about 30. He took her virginity and then filmed her with his cell phone and then filmed the room , then walked around Oran showing everybody the video on his phone. Her brother found out and then threw her out of the window of his apartment. She was instantly paralysed from the waist down. When the police showed up , her family told her to tell them she jumped to commit suicide. She listened to her family and didnt tell. This was last winter. Now her brother walks scott free, the shop owner is walking around free and doing freaky things with other females and she is sitting in a wheelchair, barely out of her teens

i know someone from a small village in jordan who got killed by her father and brother, and she was actually married...problem was she married in secrecy...she had a tummy ache one nihgt, brother took her to the hospital and the doc told the brother, congrats your gonna be a daddy, he hung his head in shame...took her home, and put a bullet in her head....i dont know what ended up happening to him, but your right julianna, a few years in prison is about all that happens most of the time...

I know a true story of something that happened in Algeria. There was a young teenage girl and she fell in love with a shop owner in oran. He was about 30. He took her virginity and then filmed her with his cell phone and then filmed the room , then walked around Oran showing everybody the video on his phone. Her brother found out and then threw her out of the window of his apartment. She was instantly paralysed from the waist down. When the police showed up , her family told her to tell them she jumped to commit suicide. She listened to her family and didnt tell. This was last winter. Now her brother walks scott free, the shop owner is walking around free and doing freaky things with other females and she is sitting in a wheelchair, barely out of her teens

Yazidi Muslim Iraqi Girl Stoned to Death

Yazidi Muslim Iraqi Girl Stoned to Death

Honor Killing UK

Filicide is horrible, whether it is done in the name of so-called honor or for some other "reason" - not that one every exists. I don't think this case is any more or less sad than they death of any child at the hands of their parents.

Americans have their own type of honor killings... its more like when a husband finds his wife sleeping with someone else .. and shoots her.. crimes of passion.. lots of times get manslaughter pleas..

That's illegal in Jordan, and they've got a death penalty there. Depends on where you pulled the stunt.

---

It's actually not illegal yet in Jordan. They mostly tribunal parliment has refused to make it illegal. That doesn't mean there aren't any consequences for those that do it but they are minor. Jordan has been on a human rights watch for a long time because they have not outlawed it yet.

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
That's illegal in Jordan, and they've got a death penalty there. Depends on where you pulled the stunt.

---

It's actually not illegal yet in Jordan. They mostly tribunal parliment has refused to make it illegal. That doesn't mean there aren't any consequences for those that do it but they are minor. Jordan has been on a human rights watch for a long time because they have not outlawed it yet.

See I thought it fell under some kind of "special case" where basically punnishment was like a year to 5 years at most... sort of the equivilent of a "crime of passion" getting manslaughter, except it was totally out in the open and known to be an honor killing. I remember that there was one girl who was caught speaking to a boy and her brother decided they were "together" and he tied her to a chair and blindfolded her and then cut her throat and fully admitted to everything aout it, saying he slaughtered her like the animal she was. Of course they found she was still hymen-intact and all, but he still felt justified saying if she hadn't done it yet, she was obviously on the path to it.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

Texas has it hand on the trigger and may soon resume executions after the Supreme Court's rejection of challenges to Kentucky's lethal injection. Texas hasn't seen an execution in seven months, and has two people ready for their own very monster ball. Children are a real trigger for me, you hurt a child, than you to me, are fair game. If that was my husband he would be hoping they would keep him in the slammer, cause my justice is a lot nastier than lethal injection.

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Texas has it hand on the trigger and may soon resume executions after the Supreme Court's rejection of challenges to Kentucky's lethal injection. Texas hasn't seen an execution in seven months, and has two people ready for their own very monster ball. Children are a real trigger for me, you hurt a child, than you to me, are fair game. If that was my husband he would be hoping they would keep him in the slammer, cause my justice is a lot nastier than lethal injection.

i've always been a proponent of publicly drawn and quartered...... :whistle:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline

what i just dont get is brother kills sister for being a ####### (even if she is still a virgin) and dishonors the family but brother is now a murderer and thats ok!!! just dont make sence to me...u got a ####### and murderer to dishonor the family!!! unbelievable.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

I've heard of cases where the woman has an elastic hymen, but of course she doesn't know that. So on her wedding night when it doesn't break, her husband assumes she isn't a virgin and kills her.

There was one case in particular in Saudi where that happened. The husband beat her so badly and broke many of her bones. Then he dragged her by her hair into the hospital so they could inspect her to verify she wasn't a virgin. Of course, they ended up verifying she was a virgin and that the hymen was intact, but elastic. The woman was left disabled for life. The man immediately started apologizing, but of course she asked for divorce. The one happy ending to this story was she did later get married and had children. The man was shunned for his behavior and no man wanted his daughter married to such a guy.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Its totally cultural and has nothing to do with Islam. All the religions in the middle east have been known to conduct honor killings. I could go on and on about that subject for hours. It makes me so mad.

Since its said to be more cultural to do honor killings... I want to know what the Mens opinions are about this matter of honor killings?? would it be something ever considered if faced with a daughter dating outside the parents religion or who they married or how they dishonored you as a father? Im up for listening to the mens opinions from the MENA group.

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.