Beauty for Ashes

stateside honor killings

135 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
sacrificed five camels and fasted for 60 days

Sacrificed five camels, what a tool, poor camels. Hey it is 2008 people we don't have to kill animals to a God, geeeeeeeeez, read some science books, get some freaking education.

the previous was a paid advertisement by the society for the prevention of cruelty to camels.

:rofl:

• 07/17/07 Returned from two months in China. All K1 documents 'in hand'.
  • 07/19/07 Completed preparation of I-129F & associated documentation. Mailed it.
  • 08/03/07 Received NOA1 from the CSC.
  • 12/13/07 Received NOA2 from the CSC.
  • 01/23/08 NVC sent our case to U.S. Consulate in Guangzhou China.
  • 03/31/08 U.S. Consulate in Guangzhou China received, issued case number.
  • 04/05/08 P3 received.
  • 04/06/08 P3 sent.
  • 05/01/08 P4 received.
  • 05/12/08 Flight to China.
  • 06/23/08 Interview at U.S. Consulate in Guangzhou China- PINK.
  • 06/25/08 K1 & K2 visas received.
  • 07/09/08 We all arrive in America, Chicago POE
  • 08/06/08 Fiancee receives SSN (req. for marriage in our state)
  • 08/08/08 Married
  • 09/01/08 Moved into new house. AR-11's filed for wife & son.
  • 09/19/08 AOS / EAD package mailed.
  • 09/25/08 AOS / EAD NOAs.
  • 10/02/08 Biometrics letters.
  • 10/16/08 Biometrics taken.
  • 10/17/08 Case transferred to CSC.
  • 12/08/08 EADs approved / EAD cards issued.
  • 03/05/09 AOS approved.
  • 03/12/09 Green Cards received.
  • 09/17/10 Application for Lifting Conditions Mailed.
  • 10/04/10 NOA1
  • 10/19/10 Biometrics Taken.
  • 01/07/11 Removal of Conditions Approved
  • 02/26/12 Still Happily Married & Doing Well

4983700_bodyshot_300x400.gif

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
sacrificed five camels and fasted for 60 days

Sacrificed five camels, what a tool, poor camels. Hey it is 2008 people we don't have to kill animals to a God, geeeeeeeeez, read some science books, get some freaking education.

I guess the billion or so Muslims who sacrifice a lamb/camel/cow each year for Eid al Adha in remembrance of Ibrahim's faith to God just need some science. :huh::blink:

Edited by aisha kandisha

Timeline
There is no shortage of American parents killing their children. Are there reasons any better? The deaths of those children somehow more sensible?

American parents aren't killing their children because of the shame - real or imagined - the children of their third cousin, twice-removed, may or may not feel 50 years from now.

No reason to kill a child is better than another. That is not the issue. The issue is the punishment of these people, usually men, who kill for honor, which is (most often) nothing.

Yaser Said, the father of Sarah and Amina, is American.

I didn't think there was only one "issue" in this thread, but of course the failure of punishment is abhorrent and despicable.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

I eat meat so I can't say I am against killing animals for food, I just can't kill them. They have them big eyes and you know they feel pain, I think about someone cutting my throat to bleed me out. I do think it is silly to offer dead animals to God, really, why would this loving being want you to go and cut an animal’s throat for him? Doesn’t make any sense to me what so ever, what does it prove that you can kill? Never understood the whole thing of killing for God, animal or human period, I would think a perfect being doesn’t need you running around and killing animals, but then again what do I know.

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I eat meat so I can't say I am against killing animals for food, I just can't kill them. They have them big eyes and you know they feel pain, I think about someone cutting my throat to bleed me out. I do think it is silly to offer dead animals to God, really, why would this loving being want you to go and cut an animal’s throat for him? Doesn’t make any sense to me what so ever, what does it prove that you can kill? Never understood the whole thing of killing for God, animal or human period, I would think a perfect being doesn’t need you running around and killing animals, but then again what do I know.

unless the animal is eaten after the ceremony, i think it's a waste.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

The camel meat was not be tossed away or killed "for God" or "offered to God", it was to be distributed to feed the poor. Obviously God doesn't "need" us killing animals, but the poor do need to be and should be fed, and part of any Muslim sacrifice of an animal entails giving all or a sizable portion to the poor.

Edited by aisha kandisha

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

The camel meat was not be tossed away or killed "for God" or "offered to God", it was to be distributed to feed the poor. Obviously God doesn't "need" us killing animals, but the poor do need to be and should be fed, and part of any Muslim sacrifice of an animal entails giving all or a sizable portion to the poor.

Exactly, I agree with that.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I dont think the discussion here is about what race or culture kill their children!!

That happens everywhere. Like the woman (white) that drowned her kids in tub. etc etc

What we are specifically talking about is honor killing, not the crime rate of who or what?? HONOR KILLINGS

And honor killings happens amongst middle eastern descent?? (for the most part)

I-130 & G325A

09/11/2007 I-130 & G-325A mailed today, to Los angeles, CA

03/16/2008 Received RFE I-130

03/26/2008 RFE for I-130, sent to LA Through USPS Certified mail

03/31/2008 I-130 RFE response letter is received

04/09/2008 I-130 case processing has resumed

04/17/2008 I-130 APPROVED!!!! DATED 04/14/08 YAY!! 7 monthes to approve.

I-485 & EAD

03/13/2008 Sent I-485 & EAD to Chicago Lockbox through USPS Priority Mail

03/16/2008 I-485 & EAD Received by R. MERCEDO USCIS Chicago IL

03/25/2008 Received NOAs for I-485, I-765

03/28/2008 Received Biometrics Appointment Notice

03/29/2008 Biometrics done-Appointment Scheduled 4/05, but I went early.

03/31/2008 Case Status shows up Online

04/03/2008 EAD touched

04/10/2008 RFE for I-485 received today, dated 4/04/08

04/11/2008 Sent RFE to Lee's Summit, MO / USPS priority mail

04/14/2008 USCIS received RFE response; signed by C BORDERS.

04/17/2008 Case processing resumed

04/22/2008 Touched

05/09/2008 Received EAD Approval Notice from CRIS "Card production odered"

05/14/2008 EAD card production ordered, 2nd notice

05/16/2008 EAD Approved & Sent!! (61 days)

05/19/2008 EAD in hand!!!!!

GOD SPEED FOR ALL OF US WITH TRUE INTENTIONS!!

There is no shortage of American parents killing their children. Are there reasons any better? The deaths of those children somehow more sensible?

American parents aren't killing their children because of the shame - real or imagined - the children of their third cousin, twice-removed, may or may not feel 50 years from now.

No reason to kill a child is better than another. That is not the issue. The issue is the punishment of these people, usually men, who kill for honor, which is (most often) nothing.

Yaser Said, the father of Sarah and Amina, is American.

I didn't think there was only one "issue" in this thread, but of course the failure of punishment is abhorrent and despicable.

and one hardly needs to look to international news to find disaster, injustice and incompetence in a criminal justice system. enough abhorrent, despicable failures of justice happen right here at home.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.