135 posts in this topic

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Totally.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

Its totally cultural and has nothing to do with Islam. All the religions in the middle east have been known to conduct honor killings. I could go on and on about that subject for hours. It makes me so mad.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

Where the hell is the mother of this poor child. This is how I deal with a problem like this.

womandualpistols.jpg

MediaS760.jpg

jillshooting.jpg

CB052887.jpg

Honey I am home, and have I got a big surprise for you :devil:

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

this is not un-common, god rest their souls!!

I-130 & G325A

09/11/2007 I-130 & G-325A mailed today, to Los angeles, CA

03/16/2008 Received RFE I-130

03/26/2008 RFE for I-130, sent to LA Through USPS Certified mail

03/31/2008 I-130 RFE response letter is received

04/09/2008 I-130 case processing has resumed

04/17/2008 I-130 APPROVED!!!! DATED 04/14/08 YAY!! 7 monthes to approve.

I-485 & EAD

03/13/2008 Sent I-485 & EAD to Chicago Lockbox through USPS Priority Mail

03/16/2008 I-485 & EAD Received by R. MERCEDO USCIS Chicago IL

03/25/2008 Received NOAs for I-485, I-765

03/28/2008 Received Biometrics Appointment Notice

03/29/2008 Biometrics done-Appointment Scheduled 4/05, but I went early.

03/31/2008 Case Status shows up Online

04/03/2008 EAD touched

04/10/2008 RFE for I-485 received today, dated 4/04/08

04/11/2008 Sent RFE to Lee's Summit, MO / USPS priority mail

04/14/2008 USCIS received RFE response; signed by C BORDERS.

04/17/2008 Case processing resumed

04/22/2008 Touched

05/09/2008 Received EAD Approval Notice from CRIS "Card production odered"

05/14/2008 EAD card production ordered, 2nd notice

05/16/2008 EAD Approved & Sent!! (61 days)

05/19/2008 EAD in hand!!!!!

GOD SPEED FOR ALL OF US WITH TRUE INTENTIONS!!

Filed: Timeline
Where the hell is the mother of this poor child. This is how I deal with a problem like this.

womandualpistols.jpg

MediaS760.jpg

jillshooting.jpg

CB052887.jpg

Honey I am home, and have I got a big surprise for you :devil:

I am still thinking about you leaving all those serial killer books around the house when you were pissed off at your ex...... ( from the pic with the butcher knife) :o

Timeline

yep, never murder in Texas, they have the death penalty and THEY USE IT, he will be hanging with some of America's best psychos :devil:

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
well at least he wont get away with it here like he would if he were overseas.

That's illegal in Jordan, and they've got a death penalty there. Depends on where you pulled the stunt.

---

But again, total BS. Seriously, if "dating" is an issue, watch your kids better & teach them that you don't like it.

Shouldn't go blowing your lid like that. Even a "by-the-book-medieval-punishment" for that is just a whoopin'.

I am still thinking about you leaving all those serial killer books around the house when you were pissed off at your ex...... ( from the pic with the butcher knife) :o

Heh, reminds me of what I did when I was younger... it was more or less out of curiosity & the sheer fun factor involved with ... uh, stuff ...

but I tell you if I did that today - I'd have been expelled from school.

:(

Society's getting so up-tight....

Edited by KyanWan

The moral of my story: Stick with someone who matches your own culture.

( This coming from an Arab who married an Arab from overseas... go figure. )

Timeline

That is right my sister, always leave good reading material available in all places, especially the bathroom, always look for books and magazines that show graphic pictures, I think it leaves a nice image. :devil:

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
well at least he wont get away with it here like he would if he were overseas.

That's illegal in Jordan, and they've got a death penalty there. Depends on where you pulled the stunt.

Yeah, but it still happens in Jordan and people still only get a slap on the wrist for it-- a few years in prison. When was the last time someone was actually executed for honor killing in Jordan?

ETA-- and they aren't even published in newspapers like Alrai, you only see them in the Jordan Times or something that is more for foreigners.

Edited by julianna

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Didn't y'all see that episode of Law & Order (*ripped from the headlines*)??? I can't remember if it was SVU or CI, but yeah, it happens. It is just soooo not right. :angry:

BJsTm6.png

*No conflict when the flute is playing, for then I see every movement emanates from God's Holy Dance* ~ Hafiz

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

i know someone from a small village in jordan who got killed by her father and brother, and she was actually married...problem was she married in secrecy...she had a tummy ache one nihgt, brother took her to the hospital and the doc told the brother, congrats your gonna be a daddy, he hung his head in shame...took her home, and put a bullet in her head....i dont know what ended up happening to him, but your right julianna, a few years in prison is about all that happens most of the time...

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.