Captain Ewok

FAQs: Forms I-693 and DS-3025

458 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

This is really good info about vaccination, I asked in the forum coz i guess i didnt find this when i was looking. Some of the forum members answered me, but the point was still kind of difficult to understand for me, thx for the thread, i guess i understand how the vaccination issue works now. Thx!!!!

Visa K1

Vermont Service Center

Consulate :Argentina

I-129F Sent : 2011-08-12

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-08-16

Interview Date : 2012-02-02

Visa Received : 2012-02-15

Estimates/Stats :

My I-129f was approved in 120 days from your NOA1 date.

My interview took 170 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS:

CIS Office : Syracuse NY

Date Filed : 2012-03-20 (Lock-box Chicago)

USCIS received : 2012-03-22

NOA1 email: 2012-04-02

Check Cashed: 2012-04-03

NOA in hand: 2012-04-09

Biometrics: 2012-04-20

EAD & AP Approved 2012-05-16

AOS interview 2012-07-30 APPROVED

GC Prod. order 2012-08-10

Green card touched 2012-08-15!!!!

ROC:

Vermont Service Center

Date sent : 2014-05-09

Vmnt received : 2014-05-12

Check Cashed: 2014-05-15

Children NOA received: 2014-05-16

My NOA received 2014-05-29

Biometric Current

• 5 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I am very Happy and satisfied with where I had my Medical Exam for the USCIS adjustment of status. Friendly and fast place. They took care of the I 693 form and all the requirements at one stop. Also without costing me extra for the Blood test and TB ppd test. They also helped me get FREE vaccinations. I will share this with U all, since I have heard of people driving for many miles to get their Medical exam here. Success !!!:

Dr. Yasmin Yusuf-Safavi

American Community Medical Center,

1421 South Park St.

Madison WI 53715

Tel 608-957-3000

• 5 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Anyone have any leads for civil surgeons that will transcribe the vaccination supplement for a reasonable fee? My husband's medical was less than a year ago, but we keep getting wild quotes ($300) to have the vaccination supplement transcribed. Unfortunately, Dr. L.E. Arnold has retired - I know she was a popular resource.

Any help you can spare would be appreciated!

AOS Journey

February 12, 2012 - Married legally!

May 5, 2012 - Finally get everything together to send AOS/AP/EAD in.

June 1, 2012 - NOA1 for AOS

June 26, 2012 - Transfer.... bah!

August 10, 2012 - EAD/AP Approved!

September 8, 2012 - Big fancy wedding

Still waiting on the GC

• 3 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

The only thing that I have left to do for my adjustment of status is the vaccination report as they do not do the varicella vaccination in the UK. I have had the first jab for this and require a further one in four weeks, then the surgeon will complete my i693. The only thing that confuses me is the exact requirement for the i693 regarding K visa applicants that have had a medical prior. Is the DS3025 required to be filled in (I cannot find this online)? or is it just the vaccination report in the i693 that needs completing along with the front page of this document?

• 1 month later...

The only thing that I have left to do for my adjustment of status is the vaccination report as they do not do the varicella vaccination in the UK. I have had the first jab for this and require a further one in four weeks, then the surgeon will complete my i693. The only thing that confuses me is the exact requirement for the i693 regarding K visa applicants that have had a medical prior. Is the DS3025 required to be filled in (I cannot find this online)? or is it just the vaccination report in the i693 that needs completing along with the front page of this document?

Hey Donis!

I'm just starting all my paperwork too, so back to the forum! :)

Did you not have chicken pox as a kid? I see my doc on Monday but at my kids medicals they just had blood tests to prove their immunity to chicken pox and didn't need the vaccination.

From what I've been reading because we had the medicals for the K1 in the UK we don't submit the DS 3025 as they will have records of our medical already, we just submit the vaccination report.

Touched 01/09/2012
NOA1 01/19/2012
NOA2 05/01/2012
Medical 05/25/2012
Paid visa fees 06/13/2012
Pack 3 sent: 06/06/2012
Interview: 07/27/2012
Visas received: 08/03/2012
One way ticket booked! 08/09/2012

Wedding date! 17th August

AOS timeline
Package sent by overnight UPS 11/15/2012
Package signed for at 10am 11/16/2012
Text and Email NOA 11/29/2012
I-797C for I-485, I-765, I131 12/03/2012 (mailed on 11/29/2012)
Biometrics appointment 01/18/2013
EAD/ AP approval via email 01/16/2013
Notice of card production 01/24/2013
Notice of card in the mail 01/25/2013
Cards received 01/28/2013

Chased I-485 by email case update request 07/25/2013
Email received confirming card production 07/29/2013

Conditions Removal AOS

Package completed 06/04/2015

Package sent by overnight UPS 06/05/2015

NOA received by mail 06/13/2015

Sorry Donis, I didn't mean to confuse you. The DS3025 is the report we got given from the medicals for the visa. Basically, this wont be a complete record as you have had new shots, so use this to show the civil surgeon who will do the full report on the I-693. You then only submit page 1 and the vacc report of the I-693 (the Civil Surgeon should provide this in a sealed envelope, it won't be accepted if it is not)

Touched 01/09/2012
NOA1 01/19/2012
NOA2 05/01/2012
Medical 05/25/2012
Paid visa fees 06/13/2012
Pack 3 sent: 06/06/2012
Interview: 07/27/2012
Visas received: 08/03/2012
One way ticket booked! 08/09/2012

Wedding date! 17th August

AOS timeline
Package sent by overnight UPS 11/15/2012
Package signed for at 10am 11/16/2012
Text and Email NOA 11/29/2012
I-797C for I-485, I-765, I131 12/03/2012 (mailed on 11/29/2012)
Biometrics appointment 01/18/2013
EAD/ AP approval via email 01/16/2013
Notice of card production 01/24/2013
Notice of card in the mail 01/25/2013
Cards received 01/28/2013

Chased I-485 by email case update request 07/25/2013
Email received confirming card production 07/29/2013

Conditions Removal AOS

Package completed 06/04/2015

Package sent by overnight UPS 06/05/2015

NOA received by mail 06/13/2015

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

And from the Dept of State http://travel.state....grams_4657.html (way down the page)

Although applicants are not required to complete the vaccine series, they are encouraged to receive as many additional doses as possible prior to travel to the United States. The vaccinations required by the CDC include: 1) vaccinations against vaccine-preventable diseases explicitly listed in INA 212(a)(1)(A)(ii), and 2) vaccinations recommended by the ACIP for U.S. immigration purposes.

So I'm saying you do not need the extra shot or have to prove it to AOS if your original DS-3025 is complete. Look at your DS-3025. If it has the ALL of the following items, you don't need an I-693 (Adults 19-49 yrs old).

1. Shots marked with a date (at least one of a series)

•MMR

•Td or Tdap or DT or DTP or DtaP (One no longer than 10 years ago, ie.have a booster)

•Varicella or VH written by it if you had chickenpox

•Influenza **see note below because you are most likely okay without it.

2. Everything else marked not age appropriate or insufficient time interval or contraindicated

3. RESULTS section filled in with "incomplete" and "may be eligible for blanket waiver" ticked.

4. Signed and dated by the doctor

If it's not completed like (1-4) that then see a civil surgeon for the I-693. If it is complete, send a photocopy of your DS-3025.

The USCIS is supposed to have your K1 medical files, but sometimes lose them or fail to match them up with your AOS. Do not get another exam unless you get an RFE that says they do not have results of your medical. It means they lost them, but you are probably stuck with paying for a new exam. Those kinds of RFE's are not about the immunizations or the form I-693; they are because USCIS failed to match up your other medical exam results with your AOS application.

**Note on flu shot: Flu shots are required for adults of all ages (changed Nov 2010) if your UK exam was between (Oct 1 and March 31). But if the AOS adjudicator picks up your case when it is not flu season, you will be excused. And the reverse is true. The adjudicator picks up your case during flu season, but sees it was NOT flu season when you had your medical exam, you are also excused because the date they go by is the date of your exam to determine if you were current on that date. Keep in mind that if you go to a civil surgeon for an I-693, then you are resetting the medical exam date for immunizations and you may have to get second doses of shots or a flu shot to become current on your new immunization date of record.

lei

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

I am very pleased with Concentra Medical Center in Akron, OH. I went to this particular place, based on a few positive reviews I found on this site and I wasn't disappointed!

The appointment was set up by my husband, he experience some trouble explaining to people at the reception that I don't need a full medical exam, just the vaccination chart (AOS from K-1), they seemed clueless, but once he got to talk with Dr. Benson, the conversation went smoothly, he was very helpful and quickly verified the fee (a reasonable $43).

On the appointment day, the receptionist struggled yet again to understand what I wanted so she made me fill out and sign a tone of forms necessary for the full exam. Once I told her I didn't need to undergo a medical exam, she said it would be the doctor that would make the final call... Luckily, once I was called by a nurse, after an initial vision and blood pressure tests, she called Dr Benson. He is such a nice and friendly person! He apologized at least twice that I had to complete so many useless forms and then quickly filled out my vaccination chart. Since it was the beginning of October he gave me a flu shot ($25) and afterwards, I was given a sealed envelop + a copy for my records.

A very nice experience once you get to talk to the right person. A piece of advice for everyone: make the reception staff call Dr. Benson immediately once you show up to avoid the paperwork ;).

City/ Town: Akron

State: Ohio

Date of Service: 10/02/2012

CS Name: Ray E Benson @ Concentra Medical Center

CS Tel. no: (330) 724-3345

Cost: $43 (+$25 for the flu shot)

Vaccine Transcription only available: Yes

Turnaround time: 40min - 1h

OUR K-1 JOURNEY

I-129F Sent - 2012/04/04

I-129F NOA1 - 2012/04/06

I-129F NOA2 - 2012/07/20

NVC Received - 2012/07/27

NVC Left - 2012/07/30

Consulate Received - 2012/08/02

Packet 3 Emailed - 2012/08/03

Visa Received - 2012/09/03

US Entry (Newark, NJ) - 2012/09/27

MARRIED - 2012/09/28

AOS Filed - 2012/10/04

NOA Date - 2012/10/15

Bio. Appt. - 2012/10/22 (early walk-in, scheduled appointment: 11/06)

EAD approved - 2012/12/04

EAD/AP combo card received - 2012/12/12

GREEN CARD received! - 2013/06/29

• 2 months later...
Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

And from the Dept of State http://travel.state....grams_4657.html (way down the page)

Although applicants are not required to complete the vaccine series, they are encouraged to receive as many additional doses as possible prior to travel to the United States. The vaccinations required by the CDC include: 1) vaccinations against vaccine-preventable diseases explicitly listed in INA 212(a)(1)(A)(ii), and 2) vaccinations recommended by the ACIP for U.S. immigration purposes.

So I'm saying you do not need the extra shot or have to prove it to AOS if your original DS-3025 is complete. Look at your DS-3025. If it has the ALL of the following items, you don't need an I-693 (Adults 19-49 yrs old).

1. Shots marked with a date (at least one of a series)

•MMR

•Td or Tdap or DT or DTP or DtaP (One no longer than 10 years ago, ie.have a booster)

•Varicella or VH written by it if you had chickenpox

•Influenza **see note below because you are most likely okay without it.

2. Everything else marked not age appropriate or insufficient time interval or contraindicated

3. RESULTS section filled in with "incomplete" and "may be eligible for blanket waiver" ticked.

4. Signed and dated by the doctor

If it's not completed like (1-4) that then see a civil surgeon for the I-693. If it is complete, send a photocopy of your DS-3025.

The USCIS is supposed to have your K1 medical files, but sometimes lose them or fail to match them up with your AOS. Do not get another exam unless you get an RFE that says they do not have results of your medical. It means they lost them, but you are probably stuck with paying for a new exam. Those kinds of RFE's are not about the immunizations or the form I-693; they are because USCIS failed to match up your other medical exam results with your AOS application.

**Note on flu shot: Flu shots are required for adults of all ages (changed Nov 2010) if your UK exam was between (Oct 1 and March 31). But if the AOS adjudicator picks up your case when it is not flu season, you will be excused. And the reverse is true. The adjudicator picks up your case during flu season, but sees it was NOT flu season when you had your medical exam, you are also excused because the date they go by is the date of your exam to determine if you were current on that date. Keep in mind that if you go to a civil surgeon for an I-693, then you are resetting the medical exam date for immunizations and you may have to get second doses of shots or a flu shot to become current on your new immunization date of record.

Thanks,

he got his flu shot when he arrived here in the US, but it is not on his DS-3025.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Thanks to Krikit for creating these faqs!

Q: Why are K non-immigrant visa holders asked to include a vaccination supplement when filing Form I-485 to adjust status?>

Some countries allow K non-immigrant visa applicants to defer their vaccinations until after they arrive in the U.S. If the beneficiary's vaccinations were not completed as part of the visa process, it is necessary to include form I-693- part 1, part 2-vaccination section, and part 5 in the application.

If the beneficiary's vaccinations were COMPLETED as part of the visa process</b>, IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO INCLUDE FORM I-693 IN THE AOS SUBMISSION. All your medical information is enclosed in the brown envelope which was handed in at the POE. The envelope is then forwarded on to USCIS where it will be consolidated with the I-485 submission, once received. If you received a copy of the Vaccination Documentation Worksheet (Form DS-3025) from your Panel Physician, you may include a copy of that form in your AOS submission in place of Form I-693.

Q: Do I need to complete another full medical to adjust status?

Per Section 1245.5 in the Code of Federal Regulations, a medical examination shall not be required of an applicant for adjustment of status who entered the United States as a non-immigrant spouse, fiancée, or fiancée of a United States citizen or the child of such an alien as defined in section 101(a)(15)(K) of the Act and §214.2(k) of 8 CFR chapter I if the applicant was medically examined prior to, and as a condition of, the issuance of the non-immigrant visa; provided that the medical examination occurred not more than 1 year prior to the date of application for adjustment of status.

Q: I received an RFE for Form I-693 and my medical is less than one year old.

Sometimes the medical gets "lost" during the transfer. It is entirely possible that you may receive an RFE for the vaccination supplement (Form I-693), and possibly even for the full medical (Form I-693), even if the medical is current. Here is a helpful post (link coding incompatible so removed) from someone who was able to relocate a lost medical.

To find a Civil Surgeon in your area you can link here to use the USCIS Civil Surgeons Locator

To have your vaccination information transcribed to Form I-693, the following Civil Surgeon will do it by phone and fax for a nominal fee ($10 at time of writing):

Dr. L. E. Arnold

4534 Westgate Boulevard, Suite 106

Austin, TX 78745

Tel: (512) 444-3131

Fax: (512) 447-4699

Something to note if you are yet to have your medical: </b>If you have not yet had your medical prior to visa issuance, make sure to ask the Panel Physician if they will supply you with a copy of your full medical prior to scheduling. If they will not provide one for you, call another Panel Physician. If you cannot find a Panel Physician who will provide you with a copy of your medical, or if you have already had your medical and were not supplied with a copy, try asking the officer for one at the POE.

Can anyone tell me what are some of the vaccination that are required prior to coming to US? We got ours don't overseas but want to make sure there isn't any of them that are missing.

Thanks

(note-quote has been edited to remove incompatible coding; The links are also no longer included. Please also be aware that Dr.Arnold no longer does any immigration related medical work - VJ Moderation Team

Edited by Kathryn41
- to remove incompatible coding from quote

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

I'm about to start AOS but I've got a few issues:

I had all my vaccinations done privately in advance (MMR, Td) on the VJ guide's advice that you can have the medical reflect that, but when I arrived at the medical place in Madrid they wouldn't listen to me about my vaccination records - I'd brought them and asked if they could put it down on the form, and the woman kept telling me that it doesn't matter because vaccinations aren't required for a K-1. I told her I understood that, but needed it put down for AOS, and she told me to just send in the vaccination records with the AOS forms. I argued with her for about 15 minutes, and I was anxious so I eventually gave up because she insisted that it was okay to send the records alone with the forms. I still have the vaccination records on hand, but now that I'm here I'm assuming I can't do that, so what are my options? Do I have to go find a civil surgeon and spend even more money to have the shots done all over again? I have no idea what to do.

The second issue is at the airport, the immigration officer gave me my medical package back and said they didn't need it anymore. I asked if he was sure, and he was positive so I took it, but I still haven't opened it just in case it was a mistake and I have to give it back. Should I open it, and would the records from the medical be in there? Would they help at all in this situation if they were?

Thanks to anyone who can help.

I'm about to start AOS but I've got a few issues:

I had all my vaccinations done privately in advance (MMR, Td) on the VJ guide's advice that you can have the medical reflect that, but when I arrived at the medical place in Madrid they wouldn't listen to me about my vaccination records - I'd brought them and asked if they could put it down on the form, and the woman kept telling me that it doesn't matter because vaccinations aren't required for a K-1. I told her I understood that, but needed it put down for AOS, and she told me to just send in the vaccination records with the AOS forms. I argued with her for about 15 minutes, and I was anxious so I eventually gave up because she insisted that it was okay to send the records alone with the forms. I still have the vaccination records on hand, but now that I'm here I'm assuming I can't do that, so what are my options? Do I have to go find a civil surgeon and spend even more money to have the shots done all over again? I have no idea what to do.

The second issue is at the airport, the immigration officer gave me my medical package back and said they didn't need it anymore. I asked if he was sure, and he was positive so I took it, but I still haven't opened it just in case it was a mistake and I have to give it back. Should I open it, and would the records from the medical be in there? Would they help at all in this situation if they were?

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Wow, you really got the bum deal.

Your shots will have to be recorded on an I-693 because USCIS won't take proof from your personal doctor in Spain. But USCIS also needs your medical record from Spain as well as your files up to POE. All of that is supposed to be in the sealed envelope and kept at POE. Did the officer open your envelope and process it and give you back a second sealed envelope that was in the first?? I am wondering if any of your files were forwarded on, or you were given everything (medical+petition files+embassy files). I think it's best to contact a CBP supervisor at your POE and get the envelope stuff straight while it is sealed. Hopefully they will take it and forward it properly.

Then I would file AOS without the immunization form. BECAUSE if that sealed medical file is lost or not accepted, then you are going to have to take an entire medical again. You might as well wait until you get an RFE telling you to get the immunizations or one saying there is no medical file to be found. That way you don't pay for the immunization form, then have to go pay again to get a new medical. One visit and price would cover all of it if you have to have a new exam.

Here's the list of Passenger Service Managers for the POE airports. http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/toolbox/contacts/ports/cbp_psml.xml

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

Wow, you really got the bum deal.

Your shots will have to be recorded on an I-693 because USCIS won't take proof from your personal doctor in Spain. But USCIS also needs your medical record from Spain as well as your files up to POE. All of that is supposed to be in the sealed envelope and kept at POE. Did the officer open your envelope and process it and give you back a second sealed envelope that was in the first?? I am wondering if any of your files were forwarded on, or you were given everything (medical+petition files+embassy files). I think it's best to contact a CBP supervisor at your POE and get the envelope stuff straight while it is sealed. Hopefully they will take it and forward it properly.

Then I would file AOS without the immunization form. BECAUSE if that sealed medical file is lost or not accepted, then you are going to have to take an entire medical again. You might as well wait until you get an RFE telling you to get the immunizations or one saying there is no medical file to be found. That way you don't pay for the immunization form, then have to go pay again to get a new medical. One visit and price would cover all of it if you have to have a new exam.

Here's the list of Passenger Service Managers for the POE airports. http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/toolbox/contacts/ports/cbp_psml.xml

Man, this sucks. When I arrived at POE the embassy files and the medical files were in separate envelopes - the medical stuff was in an x-ray bag that's covered in red do not open stamps. I didn't see what the POE officer did exactly because it was a waiting area and I was called up after giving my stuff. From what I can tell the medical bag is unopened - the bag he gave me was the same bag I gave him. He kept the brown envelope, so there's no doubt in my mind that at least the non-medical stuff has been kept/forwarded.

I can roughly see what's inside if I shine a light through so I'll try and see if there's only x-rays in there, or if there's papers and stuff too at which point I'll assume those are my medical papers and try to contact the POE and get this straightened out. If there's no papers inside, should I assume that the medical papers were put into the brown envelope at some point and everything's okay? I should mention that the original x-ray bag was opened at the interview and taken away, and given back to me re-sealed and stapled. So maybe the guy saw the medical forms in the brown envelope and that was all he needed - in which case why would I have been given the x-ray bag to begin with and told to bring it?

It seems those are the two most likely scenarios. I really hope this is just a case of needing my vaccination form updated, because I really can't afford a new medical all over again.

What files would be needed in a worst case scenario? I've got a duplicate of my I-129F package, and my vaccination records of the TD and MMR injections. What else would I need?

This whole thing's exhausting. So many times in this process I've been unnerved into letting people who should know better do the wrong thing and just hoped they knew what they were doing. I wish I had the resolve to make a scene and say "No, that's wrong, I want you to do it like this", but anxiety gets the better of me. I was just so scared of there being some problem at POE that I just wanted to get out of there as soon as I could.

edit: I just put the x-ray bag up against a flourescent light and there's definitely only x-rays in there, and coming to think of it, it does feel a lot flatter than I remember it was when I picked it up from the medical place.

Edited by M+B

It seems those are the two most likely scenarios. I really hope this is just a case of needing my vaccination form updated, because I really can't afford a new medical all over again.

What files would be needed in a worst case scenario? I've got a duplicate of my I-129F package, and my vaccination records of the TD and MMR injections. What else would I need?

This whole thing's exhausting. So many times in this process I've been unnerved into letting people who should know better do the wrong thing and just hoped they knew what they were doing. I wish I had the resolve to make a scene and say "No, that's wrong, I want you to do it like this", but anxiety gets the better of me. I was just so scared of there being some problem at POE that I just wanted to get out of there as soon as I could.

edit: I just put the x-ray bag up against a flourescent light and there's definitely only x-rays in there, and coming to think of it, it does feel a lot flatter than I remember it was when I picked it up from the medical place.

Okay, your further explanation makes it clearer. You are given the x-ray back at the embassy because they don't need it. Your medical report clears you of TB. They tend to say take it to POE, but the POE guy isn't a radiologist and isn't going to evaluate your x-ray. So you handed in your brown envelope and also gave him your x-ray, which he didn't need. That is standard. Your files are fine the except you didn't get immunizations recorded on the DS-3025. Mexico also won't do that form for K1s.

You will need to find a civil surgeon who will copy your immunizations to an I-693. Call around because the prices vary a lot. Some will say you need a new exam because they don't really keep up with K1s. Most of their patients are adjusting from another visa and did not do any exam to get here like you did. Your exam is in the brown envelope and will be used for AOS. It says you don't need another in the I-693 instructions (on page 4 I think). So keep calling until you find a reasonable priced one who will record your immunizations only. $25 is reasonable in my mind. There is a thread you can search for called "Civil Surgeons who don't rip you off" in this AOS forum. People have listed places they found. Maybe one near you is listed. It's a long read because there is no order...just posts.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

Okay, your further explanation makes it clearer. You are given the x-ray back at the embassy because they don't need it. Your medical report clears you of TB. They tend to say take it to POE, but the POE guy isn't a radiologist and isn't going to evaluate your x-ray. So you handed in your brown envelope and also gave him your x-ray, which he didn't need. That is standard. Your files are fine the except you didn't get immunizations recorded on the DS-3025. Mexico also won't do that form for K1s.

You will need to find a civil surgeon who will copy your immunizations to an I-693. Call around because the prices vary a lot. Some will say you need a new exam because they don't really keep up with K1s. Most of their patients are adjusting from another visa and did not do any exam to get here like you did. Your exam is in the brown envelope and will be used for AOS. It says you don't need another in the I-693 instructions (on page 4 I think). So keep calling until you find a reasonable priced one who will record your immunizations only. $25 is reasonable in my mind. There is a thread you can search for called "Civil Surgeons who don't rip you off" in this AOS forum. People have listed places they found. Maybe one near you is listed. It's a long read because there is no order...just posts.

That's such a relief - I figured that was the case but wanted to double check. I'm really glad it's just a case of getting my vaccinations recorded like I originally thought. Thanks for your help.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.