Captain Ewok

FAQs: Forms I-693 and DS-3025

458 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

This might be a dumb question? But how do you know if your medical is complete? meaning i paid for all the medical for my wife now and step daughter before they came from the Philippines. but when they got here i had to get like 7 more shots for my step daughter for school here in Texas. how do i know if i go to a civil surgeon they won't rip me off by given my wife shots she really doesn't need? also does my step daughter have to go to the civil surgeon too? Thanks

Even though we are far from each other right now I know you are close to me in other ways,you are always here in my heart. You give me reason to look forward to each day,You are my life and a dream come true.there are no words to express how i feel for you.You are the light in my darkness.There could never be words strong enough to express my love for you but I'm going to show it to you everyday as long as i live.I love you with my body,soul and mind.I love you very much baby.Mwaaaaaaaaah!

Your Wife to be,

Aijeen

• 3 weeks later...

I wanna ask is there any of you have AOS approved without I-693form?. I'm a K1 visa holder and I applied my AOS within one year and I don't have the copy of DS 3025.

Yes. I know about 100+ who have. I used to keep a list when it was not tried very often. Your original DS-3025 should be in your file turned in at POE. if it had the required shots properly marked and it was filled out correctly, then it will clear you on immunizations. Without the sheet to look at, you don't really know how it's filled out. Do you know what shots you had? You can always apply without an I-693 and wait to see if you are asked to get more proof of shots. An RFE is not a death sentence. It just adds a little extra time to getting the greencard.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Yes. I know about 100+ who have. I used to keep a list when it was not tried very often. Your original DS-3025 should be in your file turned in at POE. if it had the required shots properly marked and it was filled out correctly, then it will clear you on immunizations. Without the sheet to look at, you don't really know how it's filled out. Do you know what shots you had? You can always apply without an I-693 and wait to see if you are asked to get more proof of shots. An RFE is not a death sentence. It just adds a little extra time to getting the greencard.

I didn't get any RFE, I sent the papers then got biometrics appointment then interview.

Yes, I have the immunization record and that's all I have.

I just had my AOS interview today and I brought all the items that written in the mail from USCIS except the I-693 but the interviewer didn't ask for that, she just took some pictures that I brought, she didn't write anything on my passport, she just took my I-94 and asked to wait for the decision in 60 days and if it approved I will get 2 years green card. Will I get RFE after interview?. She asked my husband what are my parents name but my husband couldn't answer it and I didn't bring the pictures of my husband with my parents.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks to Krikit for creating these faqs!

Q: Why are K non-immigrant visa holders asked to include a vaccination supplement when filing Form I-485 to adjust status?

Some countries allow K non-immigrant visa applicants to defer their vaccinations until after they arrive in the U.S. If the beneficiary's vaccinations were not completed as part of the visa process, it is necessary to include form I-693- part 1, part 2-vaccination section, and part 5 in the application.

If the beneficiary's vaccinations were COMPLETED as part of the visa process, IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO INCLUDE FORM I-693 IN THE AOS SUBMISSION. All your medical information is enclosed in the brown envelope which was handed in at the POE. The envelope is then forwarded on to USCIS where it will be consolidated with the I-485 submission, once received. If you received a copy of the Vaccination Documentation Worksheet (Form DS-3025) from your Panel Physician, you may include a copy of that form in your AOS submission in place of Form I-693.

Q: Do I need to complete another full medical to adjust status?

Per Section 1245.5 in the Code of Federal Regulations, a medical examination shall not be required of an applicant for adjustment of status who entered the United States as a non-immigrant spouse, fiancée, or fiancée of a United States citizen or the child of such an alien as defined in section 101(a)(15)(K) of the Act and §214.2(k) of 8 CFR chapter I if the applicant was medically examined prior to, and as a condition of, the issuance of the non-immigrant visa; provided that the medical examination occurred not more than 1 year prior to the date of application for adjustment of status.

Q: I received an RFE for Form I-693 and my medical is less than one year old.

Sometimes the medical gets "lost" during the transfer. It is entirely possible that you may receive an RFE for the vaccination supplement (Form I-693), and possibly even for the full medical (Form I-693), even if the medical is current. Here is a helpful postfrom someone who was able to relocate a lost medical.

To find a Civil Surgeon in your area you can link here to use the USCIS Civil Surgeons Locator.

To have your vaccination information transcribed to Form I-693, the following Civil Surgeon will do it by phone and fax for a nominal fee ($10 at time of writing):

Dr. L. E. Arnold

4534 Westgate Boulevard, Suite 106

Austin, TX 78745

Tel: (512) 444-3131

Fax: (512) 447-4699

Something to note if you are yet to have your medical: If you have not yet had your medical prior to visa issuance, make sure to ask the Panel Physician if they will supply you with a copy of your full medical prior to scheduling. If they will not provide one for you, call another Panel Physician. If you cannot find a Panel Physician who will provide you with a copy of your medical, or if you have already had your medical and were not supplied with a copy, try asking the officer for one at the POE.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I have been reading about the AOS process for a K 1 visa holder. I am in the process of filing the I-485 Form for my fiancee. I would like to confirm that if all if the vaccinations were completed and documented by the Embassy and authorized medical examiner overseas, and handed over to the Customs agent at the first point of entry in a sealed envelope, there is no need to file Form I-693 with the I-485 package.

Please confirm. Any clarification would be appreciated.

I have this issue with my wife's DS-3025 which I did not notice until now. My wife and I have an interview for her AOS application on May 29th. I found a lot of mistakes

1) The panel physician in the Philippines missed one line on the form: Rotavirus which is typically common for children under the age of 5.

2) The date of the examination was on 10/12/2012 which is during flu season. The form checked not a flu season column.

3) The mark is incomplete and blanket waiver is required.

Should I ask a civil surgeon to get it corrected by completing the I-693? If yes, should the CS complete page 1 only or the entire form? I have been told that Syphilis has been added as a Class A medical condition. Does she have to do the entire medical exam again because there were some changes to the medical requirements?

1/18/2013 - Married

3/5/2013 - Filed AOS, EAD & AP

3/7/2013 - USCIS Chicago rec'd applications

3/12/2013 - USCIS sends NOA1 email

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

I have been reading about the AOS process for a K 1 visa holder. I am in the process of filing the I-485 Form for my fiancee. I would like to confirm that if all if the vaccinations were completed and documented by the Embassy and authorized medical examiner overseas, and handed over to the Customs agent at the first point of entry in a sealed envelope, there is no need to file Form I-693 with the I-485 package.

Please confirm. Any clarification would be appreciated.

I can tell you that, I got AOS interview and in the letter, it written that I should bring completed I-693. I had my medical within one year. I came to the AOS interview without I-693 and they approved it within 2 weeks. Maybe I just got lucky the interviewer didn't ask for I-693.

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I recently received my appointment letter for the AOS interview, on the list of documents to bring they list the sealed envelope with the medical examination results. Unfortunately this was taken from me when I entered the U.S. on my K1 visa in February, the CBP officer specifically asked for the medical exam document, in addition to the sealed envelope.

I hope that all the documents are forwarded to the local office, does anyone know about that?

06-13-2012 - I-129F sent

10-11-2012 - NOA2

01-09-2013 - Interview (approved)

01-18-2013 - Visa received by DHL

-------------------------------------------------

02-21-2013 - One-way-flight to San Diego

03-22-2013 - Wedding

04-16-2013 - I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent

07-26-2013 - Green Card approved

05-11-2015 - I-751 sent

08-12-2015 - ROC Approved

05-14-2016 - N-400 sent

05-17-2016 - NOA1

06-10-2016 - Biometrics

12-16-2015 - Interview

418 days (1 year, 1 month and 23 days) from Sending out I-129F to Green Card in Hand

K1 Process: 219 days from Sending out I-129F to K1 Visa in Hand

AOS Process: 111 days from Sending out I-485 to Green Card in Hand

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I recently received my appointment letter for the AOS interview, on the list of documents to bring they list the sealed envelope with the medical examination results. Unfortunately this was taken from me when I entered the U.S. on my K1 visa in February, the CBP officer specifically asked for the medical exam document, in addition to the sealed envelope.

I hope that all the documents are forwarded to the local office, does anyone know about that?

Unless they have changed the letter very recently, the letter states to bring a completed I-693 medical form, unless already submitted. I have never heard of an interview letter asking for the medical records from the K-1 medical. Most people do not have access to those. The K-1 medical documents you turn in at your POE are sent to the USCIS and included in your case file. Sometimes they get lost but you would have received an RFE for the lost medical documents if that had been the case.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

• 2 months later...

If the beneficiary's vaccinations were COMPLETED as part of the visa process, IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO INCLUDE FORM I-693 IN THE AOS SUBMISSION. All your medical information is enclosed in the brown envelope which was handed in at the POE. The envelope is then forwarded on to USCIS where it will be consolidated with the I-485 submission, once received. If you received a copy of the Vaccination Documentation Worksheet (Form DS-3025) from your Panel Physician, you may include a copy of that form in your AOS submission in place of Form I-693.

I entered the US on July 24, 2013. At the the POE (Freeport, Bahamas -- they have a specific airport for US Departures only and so it is where people get interviewed by an IO and not on arrival at US airport like Miami or Fort Laudedale in FL). I handed the envelope and after the processing, they gave it back to me. I asked, "What do I do with this?" IO said "you will need that when you adjust status". Am I supposed to have the whole envelope at hand or just the Vaccination Documentation Worksheet (which I do have)?!!! Who is supposed to forward the envelope to the USCIS?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I entered the US on July 24, 2013. At the the POE (Freeport, Bahamas -- they have a specific airport for US Departures only and so it is where people get interviewed by an IO and not on arrival at US airport like Miami or Fort Laudedale in FL). I handed the envelope and after the processing, they gave it back to me. I asked, "What do I do with this?" IO said "you will need that when you adjust status". Am I supposed to have the whole envelope at hand or just the Vaccination Documentation Worksheet (which I do have)?!!! Who is supposed to forward the envelope to the USCIS?

Are you saying they handed you back your entire sealed envelope that was to be turned in at your POE, or just some medical documents? If it was the sealed envelope from the consulate, you need to get to a CBP deferred inspection site immediately and let them know someone processed you incorrectly and give them your sealed envelope.They were supposed to take that, open it, enter info into their system and forward it to the USCIS.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Are you saying they handed you back your entire sealed envelope that was to be turned in at your POE, or just some medical documents? If it was the sealed envelope from the consulate, you need to get to a CBP deferred inspection site immediately and let them know someone processed you incorrectly and give them your sealed envelope.They were supposed to take that, open it, enter info into their system and forward it to the USCIS.

Yes, they handed me back the entire envelope. It's not sealed anymore now because the IO at the POE opened it and inspected the contents. Oh no...will this cause me trouble?

Yes, they handed me back the entire envelope. It's not sealed anymore now because the IO at the POE opened it and inspected the contents. Oh no...will this cause me trouble?

• 1 month later...
Filed: Timeline

Everything in my DS-3025 form is filled out correctly, as described in this forum (and there's a record of me having all the required vaccinations). But there's one issue: In Section 2, Results, there is nothing checked (there are five blank check boxes). Has anyone experienced this? Do I have to see a CS just to get a check in one of these boxes, or could my form pass? Any feedback or advice would be appreciated.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.