Captain Ewok

FAQs: Forms I-693 and DS-3025

458 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
It is going to cost a lot for me to get I 693 done since I'm on F1 visa and I don't have any prior immunization records (pretty sure I have had all the shots). How long does it usually take to get the results? I heard from a friend, it took him 3 weeks to get it done (about $500 bucks). I have it even worse since I go to school in a tiny town, there is only one CS nearest to me.

Hi, it would be best if you call the civil surgeon near you and ask if you can just get your immunization at County Health Department. Its a lot cheaper. It is not necessary that you'll have to take all the shots as it really varies on the age. Once you talked to designated physician, right away you should be able to know what shots you need. Some shots will require you to go back for another dose...i hope this help..

Hi, it would be best if you call the civil surgeon near you and ask if you can just get your immunization at County Health Department. Its a lot cheaper. It is not necessary that you'll have to take all the shots as it really varies on the age. Once you talked to designated physician, right away you should be able to know what shots you need. Some shots will require you to go back for another dose...i hope this help..

Ok I just looked through my school website. I can get the TB skin test on campus for like $5 bucks. Can I just get the test on campus and just show them the paper? I know I got most of the shots, but I could talk to people at health services on campus and take the necessary shots and just show that to CS. That would work right? I could also get a full physical. Seems like cheaper than doing it at the CS clinic.

Edited by Winonan

AOS Timeline from F1

Sent AOS on April 17

Received and signed on April 19

Got 3 NOAs April 26

Biometrics Appointment Letter received May 1 - dated May 26

Walk-in biometrics rejected May 12

Biometrics Appointment May 26

Interview letter received June 11 - for July 19 APPROVED

EAD Received July 9

GC RECEIVED August 2

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I know you can get vaccinations done separately, and then bring the documentation to the CS' office for inclusion in your I-693. I am virtually certain, however, that the diagnostic tests themselves must be done by the CS. Otherwise they can't sign off that they know the results to be true.

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

According to the I-693 instruction Page 4 Section III frequently asked questions, I am a K1 immigrant visa holder, already had a medical exam overseas. If I have received medical examination prior to admission, I don't need another medical examination when filing the adjustment of status for green card is within 1 year of the overseas examination, and no class A medical condition.

My DS-3025 VACCINATION DOCUMENTATION WORKSHEET is completed, I got my TB Xray results, blood test results, just need a civil surgeon to trancribed the information to I-693 form, to be on the safe side.

But the civil surgeons in my areas I called so far in Minnesota, said I have to do a new exam.

Meaning I have to redo the blood test, TB X-ray stuff?

Any civil surgeon in Minnesota Metro area for recommendation to do the DS-3025 information transcribed to I-693 only?

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

I know you can get vaccinations done separately, and then bring the documentation to the CS' office for inclusion in your I-693. I am virtually certain, however, that the diagnostic tests themselves must be done by the CS. Otherwise they can't sign off that they know the results to be true.

I called some places. They said they would accept the TB test, however I would still be charged $185 for a full medical (which includes TB test). The reason I want to take it on campus is I hope it will save me two trips to the CS if I have the results already.

AOS Timeline from F1

Sent AOS on April 17

Received and signed on April 19

Got 3 NOAs April 26

Biometrics Appointment Letter received May 1 - dated May 26

Walk-in biometrics rejected May 12

Biometrics Appointment May 26

Interview letter received June 11 - for July 19 APPROVED

EAD Received July 9

GC RECEIVED August 2

• 3 weeks later...

How early can one get medical exam ?

I am planning to apply for AOS concurrently for my wife and daughter in late April (as soon as I get my naturalisation certificate, my N400 is in process). Should I get I 693 filled right now ?

Timeline

Medical exams are valid for:

One year if you are healthy or have a Class A condition.

6 months if you have a Class B condition.

Having a Class C condition renders the whole question rather moot.

The medical has to be valid at the time of the AOS interview. Whether you should get one now depends on your estimate of the AOS approval timeline and your knowledge of the medical conditions of the people involved.

I think the I-693 instructions may specify what defines Class A, B, and C conditions.

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

Medical exams are valid for:

One year if you are healthy or have a Class A condition.

6 months if you have a Class B condition.

Having a Class C condition renders the whole question rather moot.

The medical has to be valid at the time of the AOS interview. Whether you should get one now depends on your estimate of the AOS approval timeline and your knowledge of the medical conditions of the people involved.

I think the I-693 instructions may specify what defines Class A, B, and C conditions.

My N400 is filed, hopefully I will get Naturalisation cert in April. At that time, I will file concurrent I 139/I485 for my wife and kid.

Both are otherwise healthy. I think AOS should take about 5-6 months.

Timeline
My N400 is filed, hopefully I will get Naturalisation cert in April. At that time, I will file concurrent I 139/I485 for my wife and kid.

Both are otherwise healthy. I think AOS should take about 5-6 months.

It sounds like you might be ok to have the exams now. Given the timeframes you mentioned, you will almost certainly do the interview within a year. If the medicals come back clean, as seems reasonably likely, it should work out ok, though I might want to hold off on the medicals until after you file the papers, just t give you some more breathing space.

DON'T PANIC

-Douglas Coupland

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

When I sent in my AOS, I included only my DS-3025, because my vaccinations were ticked as complete. So, even though I did the right thing per USCIS rules, I am prepared to receive a RFE, for either the vaccination supplement, or my whole medical.

When I was still back in Australia and had just gotten my medical results, they gave them to me in an open envelope so I could make copies. I made a few copies of my entire medical (including all the pathology results) and have them with me in the US. In addition to this, I have every bit of paper stating what shots I have had during my whole life. So, if I get a RFE for them "losing" my medical, I could just send them my whole photocopied medical, correct? It wouldn't matter that it's not the original from the panel doctor from Australia?

Married February 20, 2010

Permanent Resident April 22, 2010

Naturalized Citizen January 14, 2014

Proud Dual Citizen of Australia and the USA!

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi everyone!!! My wife receive RFE for her adjustment of status requesting for I-693. She had her medical exam in her foreign country and its less than a year so I beleive she just need her vaccination record transcribed on the I-693..the problem is on her Vaccination Record says "INCOMPLETE - Applicant may be eligble for blanket waiver because vaccination not medically appropriate."...she is supposed to have 2 shots of TDAP but she got only 1 because of insufficient time interval..i think this is the reason why its says its incomplete so we have the 2nd shot done in Kaiser.

Please advice us what to do, we called some CS to have the vaccination transcribe but they are telling us that we have to do the Physical again, some says they dont transcribe the vaccination and they wont certify unless the physical & vaccination is done by them...and their fees ranges from $250-310...this is a #######!!! My wife did her medical in Manila for almost the same price and now they're telling she have to do this again.

Anybody who knows CS that transcribe the vaccination record in the I-693 form maybe somewhere here in San Jose or Bay Area that has a reasonable price. Please we really need your help....thank you so much.

Timeline

Hi everyone!!! My wife receive RFE for her adjustment of status requesting for I-693. She had her medical exam in her foreign country and its less than a year so I beleive she just need her vaccination record transcribed on the I-693..the problem is on her Vaccination Record says "INCOMPLETE - Applicant may be eligble for blanket waiver because vaccination not medically appropriate."...she is supposed to have 2 shots of TDAP but she got only 1 because of insufficient time interval..i think this is the reason why its says its incomplete so we have the 2nd shot done in Kaiser.

Please advice us what to do, we called some CS to have the vaccination transcribe but they are telling us that we have to do the Physical again, some says they dont transcribe the vaccination and they wont certify unless the physical & vaccination is done by them...and their fees ranges from $250-310...this is a #######!!! My wife did her medical in Manila for almost the same price and now they're telling she have to do this again.

Anybody who knows CS that transcribe the vaccination record in the I-693 form maybe somewhere here in San Jose or Bay Area that has a reasonable price. Please we really need your help....thank you so much.

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Have a look on that site: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/231026-civil-surgeons-who-dont-rip-you-off/

I made an appointment for the transcription of my vaccination sheet tomorrow, but now I see that I have the same problem: "Incomplete" for the same reasons as you describe above. Have you found any solution for that? Is your application pending until you get the 2nd shot?

Best, Nic

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Dr. L. E. Arnold

4534 Westgate Boulevard, Suite 106

Austin, TX 78745

Is this civil surgeon still in business? I tried the phone number and got a change of phone number message, which also did not connect? Any other good deal out there that will transcribe immunization?

129F 2009-10-20
I-129F NOA1 : 2009-10-26
I-129F RFE(s) : none
RFE Reply(s) :
I-129F NOA2 : 2009-12-29
NVC Received : 2010-01-10
NVC Left : 2010-01-10
Consulate Received : 2010-01-21
Packet 3 Received : 2010-01-21
Packet 3 Sent : 2010-02-06
Packet 4 Received : 2010-02-13
Interview Date : 2010-03-08 Approved
Visa Received : 2010-03-24
US Entry : 2010-04-12

Adjustment of Status CIS Office : Philadelphia PA
Date Filed : 2010-06-18 NOA Date : 2010-06-24
RFE(s) : 2010-07-13 CS forgot to sign form I-693
Reply sent July 23 Biometrics Appt. : 2010-07-08 Walk In Successful
Case Transferred to CSC on August 19, 2010
Advance Parole, August 20, 2010 according to Website
Employment Authorization Card/ Document Production ordered August 19, 2010
Touched again, EAD CARD ordered August 24, 2010
Case now transferred to USCIS office and being processed as of August 26, 2010 (guess this is a touch)
EAD Card Received August 30, 2010
Green Card Received October 7, 2010

Filed I-751 on July 20, 2012 Check for $590 Cashed on or about July 26, 2012
NOA1, July 24, Green Card Extended for 1 year
Biometrics Appointment August 24, 2012 Walk In Biometrics August 13, 2012
10 year green card approved March 21, 2013 (lifting of conditions) Green Card Received March 28, 2013

Naturalization N-400 Filed July 2, 2013 sent to Dallas, Tx

Oath taken Nov. 22, 2013 USA citizen and passport

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.