Captain Ewok

FAQs: Forms I-693 and DS-3025

458 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

This FAQ was very helpful to read. We will contact Dr. Arnold in Texas first thing tomorrow morning. When we contacted civil surgeon's office here in Albuquerque, NM, for an appointment, the receptionist informed us that we'd have to pay $500 and have the shots and physical done all over again. After I calmly informed receptionist that Vivi, my fiance was here on a fiance visa from South Korea... and that we were already aware of this misconception that we have to get another physical... in fact, warned about it... etc... receptionist insisted that the law had changed and now we must pay for physical and vaccinations again by civil surgeon here in the US.

I sure hope the law hasn't changed. That would really suck. My concern is that this receptionist was lying on purpose and not misinforming out of ignorance... trying to swindle some hard earned cash out of us. that's probably illegal, but wouldn't surprise me.

Please say it ain't so folks (about the law)... and how about that receptionist? Is this a scam or swindle (I mean within the bigge :angry: r scam that immigration already is) ?

Woof woof... wanna play?[/color

I got a call back from Dr. Arnold's clinic, and they just want me to send in 2 copies of the first page of I-693?

How come its just the first page only?

thanks

K2 ROC Time line
08/31/11 - package sent to CSC
09/02/11 - package delivered(Labor day weekend)
09/07/11 - check cashed
09/21/11 - requested NOA replacement
09/29/11 - received replacement of NOA(no NOA date)
02/03/12 - email received card production ordered!!!
02/09/12 - GC received

N-400 Time line
09/05/12 - package sent to Phoenix AZ
09/07/12 - package received
09/10/12 - NOA sent
09/11/12 - check cashed, email and text received
09/13/12 - biometrics sent
09/14/12 - received NOA(took 4 days to received!!!)
09/15/12 - biometrics letter received
09/26/12 - finger print done
09/28/12 - placed in line for an interview schedule
11/21/12 - interview scheduled
11/28/12 - received interview letter
12/26/12 - INTERVIEW DAY at 2pm
12/31/12 - scheduled for oath ceremony
01/17/13 - OATH CEREMONY

I-30 Petition for Father

6/23/16 - sent application

6/29/16 - NOA1

8/03/16 - NOA2

9/19/16 - NVC approved notice thru email

9/25/16 - AOS fee paid online

This FAQ was very helpful to read. We will contact Dr. Arnold in Texas first thing tomorrow morning. When we contacted civil surgeon's office here in Albuquerque, NM, for an appointment, the receptionist informed us that we'd have to pay $500 and have the shots and physical done all over again. After I calmly informed receptionist that Vivi, my fiance was here on a fiance visa from South Korea... and that we were already aware of this misconception that we have to get another physical... in fact, warned about it... etc... receptionist insisted that the law had changed and now we must pay for physical and vaccinations again by civil surgeon here in the US.

I sure hope the law hasn't changed. That would really suck. My concern is that this receptionist was lying on purpose and not misinforming out of ignorance... trying to swindle some hard earned cash out of us. that's probably illegal, but wouldn't surprise me.

Please say it ain't so folks (about the law)... and how about that receptionist? Is this a scam or swindle (I mean within the bigge :angry: r scam that immigration already is) ?

The law has NOT changed. There are new vaccines added periodically and procedure changes but the fact that people with a valid medical don't have to re-do them has not changed.

That receptionist was simply following her greedy crooked doctor's orders. You really can't blame her, the doctors tell them to lie so they can charge more money. Why would he do the form for $50 when he can lie and some unknowing lost soul will fall for it and pay $500. :blink:

These are white lab coat-wearing crooks. Plain and simple.

I got a call back from Dr. Arnold's clinic, and they just want me to send in 2 copies of the first page of I-693?

thanks

because that's where you fill out (and sign... did they tell you to sign?) part 1. They will fill out parts 2 and 5.

thanks

because that's where you fill out (and sign... did they tell you to sign?) part 1. They will fill out parts 2 and 5.

oh yes, I signed the papers, I sent it today...hope it will be back before Friday, thank you

K2 ROC Time line
08/31/11 - package sent to CSC
09/02/11 - package delivered(Labor day weekend)
09/07/11 - check cashed
09/21/11 - requested NOA replacement
09/29/11 - received replacement of NOA(no NOA date)
02/03/12 - email received card production ordered!!!
02/09/12 - GC received

N-400 Time line
09/05/12 - package sent to Phoenix AZ
09/07/12 - package received
09/10/12 - NOA sent
09/11/12 - check cashed, email and text received
09/13/12 - biometrics sent
09/14/12 - received NOA(took 4 days to received!!!)
09/15/12 - biometrics letter received
09/26/12 - finger print done
09/28/12 - placed in line for an interview schedule
11/21/12 - interview scheduled
11/28/12 - received interview letter
12/26/12 - INTERVIEW DAY at 2pm
12/31/12 - scheduled for oath ceremony
01/17/13 - OATH CEREMONY

I-30 Petition for Father

6/23/16 - sent application

6/29/16 - NOA1

8/03/16 - NOA2

9/19/16 - NVC approved notice thru email

9/25/16 - AOS fee paid online

We were going to use Dr. Arnold, without even attempting to check with a local civil surgeon. On second thought I called locally and they said they would transcribe the records for $25. I was very specific that we needed transcription only. They don't even give vaccines at their office. They send you to the county health department if any additional are needed. This was a very pleasant experience for us, which I wasn't prepared for after reading all the negative experiences on VJ.

Thai Mom

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
We were going to use Dr. Arnold, without even attempting to check with a local civil surgeon. On second thought I called locally and they said they would transcribe the records for $25. I was very specific that we needed transcription only. They don't even give vaccines at their office. They send you to the county health department if any additional are needed. This was a very pleasant experience for us, which I wasn't prepared for after reading all the negative experiences on VJ.

Thai Mom

Please for all good experiences, it's worth mentioning the name and address of the CS. They need our support. Thank you.

Our Timeline below - CA Service Center - Consulate: Rio de Janeiro - Local Office: San Jose, CA

October 5, 2006: We meet for the first time!

March 8, 2008: I-129F K1-Fiancee Visa Application mailed

October 27, 2008: K1 VISA RECEIVED !! (233 days - 7 MONTHS 19 DAYS)

January 17, 2009: Entry - POE: JFK w/EAD (315 days)

February 6, 2009: WEDDING! (335 days)

March 24, 2009: Sent AOS, EAD, AP package to Chicago Lock box (381 days - 1 YEAR 16 DAYS)

June 30, 2009: Interview in San Jose, CA (479 days) - NOT approved, Sworn statement required

AUGUST 14, 2009: GREEN CARD IN HAND (524 days - 1 YEAR 5 MONTHS 6 DAYS)

May 31, 2011: Sent I-751 Removal of Conditions package (1179 days - 3 YEARS 2 MONTHS 23 DAYS)

January 25, 2012: 10-Year Green Card Received (1418 days - 3 YEARS 10 MONTHS 17 DAYS)

I had my interview yesterday, and was approved immediately, after probably under 10 minutes. Though I was one of those people who had chosen not to have the vaccinations transcribed on the I-693, the issue never came up at all. However, it seems every USCIS local office has different criteria, so I understand people wanting to get it over with before getting an RFE.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to update the latest on Dr. Arnold's:

It's now $30 fee. Dr. L.E. Arnold 4534 Westgate Boulevard, Suite 106, Austin, TX 78745

(512) 444-3131

In our situation we had to get an additional chicken pox vaccination and fax that to their office before they would complete the authorization.

Peter

I just got a return call from Dr. Arnold's office. The fee increase is only for priority mailing. You can still pay $10 for regular mail. FYI.

Woof woof... wanna play?[/color

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My husband called Dr . Arnold today and they said that i need a chicken pox vaccine which i had already in the philippines. I am confused now because if i will have another shot , it will be my 2nd shots of chicken pox vaccine in one year. Is there someone have same situation ? I guess i will just go with the flow.

AOS

06-15-09..... Sent AOS Package

06-25-09..... Recieved NOA AOS EAD AP

06-29-09..... Recieved Biometrics appointment for July 21

07-10-09..... Case transfered to California

08-05-09..... AOS Card production ordered

08-06-09..... AP approval sent

08-06-09..... EAD Card production ordered

08-11-09..... Got my GREENCARD

08-13-09..... Got my EAD card and AP

My husband called Dr . Arnold today and they said that i need a chicken pox vaccine which i had already in the philippines. I am confused now because if i will have another shot , it will be my 2nd shots of chicken pox vaccine in one year. Is there someone have same situation ? I guess i will just go with the flow.

I found this link on the CDC page: http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dq/pdf/civil_sur...nstructions.pdf

I am still trying to figure out what my Husband needs as well.

K-1

I-129F Sent : 2008-10-10

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-10-15

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-03-01

Visa Received : 2009-03-20

US Entry : 2009-03-26

Marriage : 2009-05-23

AOS, EAD, AP

Date Filed : 2009-06-04

NOA Date : 2009-06-11

Bio. Appt. : 2009-06-23 (original date July 10th)

AOS Transfer: 2009-07-02

Touch: 2009-07-03

Touch: 2009-07-06

Touch: 2009-07-07

Touch: 2009-07-08

Touch: 2009-07-10 with email regarding pending status.

Touch: 2009-07-20

Touch: 2009-07-21

AP and EAD Approved: 2009-08-03

AP Touch: 2009-08-04

AP Touch: 2009-08-05

EAD second email and Touch 2009-08-06

EAD Touch: 2009-08-07

AOS Approved: 2009-08-10

ROC: petition filed 5-18-11

NOA1 received 5-27-11

Biometrics 7-11-11

Decision Date 1-9-12

Approval letter 1-12-12

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone who has specific knowledge on this matter Please reply:

My fiancee entered the US on 3/14/09 based on K-1. We got married within 90 days and I am almost done with the Adjustment of Status package. The medical exam was completed overseas within the last year. The big question is whether I can skip Form I-693 Vaccination Supplement??

I talked to a couple of attorneys in Denver, Colorado and I got conflicting information. One attorney said that the vaccination supplement should be completed and submitted with the package. The other attorney said that the vaccination supplement need not be submitted.

Has anyone filed their Adjustment of Status WITHOUT submitting an I-693 Vaccination Supplement and did everything go through OK without any problems?

Thank you very much!

Technically, you are required to submit I-693 with AOS package. If the exam was within 1 year, the whole form does not need to be submitted. The Civil Surgeon only needs to fill out parts 2 (vaccinations) and sign part 5.

Some people have not sent the I-693 at all and got approved. My wife and I only sent a copy of DS-3025 vaccination worksheet that she got at her overseas medical and we were approved quickly and without problems. But my wife had to complete ALL vaccines before they issued her K-1 visa. That might have been the reason why she wasn't RFE'd, who knows... Others in the same exact situation have gotten RFE's.

My stepdaughters also had their vaccines completed before the K-2 visas were issued, so we did the same way as for my wife, but we received RFE's for them. Go figure.... :unsure:

It's up to you. A RFE isn't the end of the world, it will delay your case by at least 2-3 weeks.

If you really want your EAD/AP as soon as possible, get an I-693 filled out and include it. If you can afford a delay, take your chances.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone who has specific knowledge on this matter Please reply:

My fiancee entered the US on 3/14/09 based on K-1. We got married within 90 days and I am almost done with the Adjustment of Status package. The medical exam was completed overseas within the last year. The big question is whether I can skip Form I-693 Vaccination Supplement??

Has anyone filed their Adjustment of Status WITHOUT submitting an I-693 Vaccination Supplement and did everything go through OK without any problems?

Thank you very much!

Yes we filed only sending in the DS3025, but all shots were complete and documented on that form. Just being granted a visa doesn't mean all the immunizations were complete so look over the form and make sure all requirements were met. I don't know anybody who got an RFE for not using the I-693 form if they had a complete DS3025 instead. Often the whole medical report in the brown envelope turned in at POE gets lost and people will get a medical RFE, but I haven't seen it happen for only the form used to show vaccinations. I know the previous poster said it happened to his wife's kids, but actually their whole medical was lost.

Here's some more names of people that got green cards using only the DS3025--Dutti, Gary and Alla, Slightly Bonkers, Roselinda, ikarus, Talyss, HighwayStar and Danielle-Justin (just approved at an interview pending letters from employer.)

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

We just had our AOS interview on June 5th. We only submitted a copy of DS3025 from her medical exam for K1. She had not completed all vaccinations (Booster shots for at least 1 weren't possible due to requiring 12 months between shots).

We had no problem getting approved.

We just had our AOS interview on June 5th. We only submitted a copy of DS3025 from her medical exam for K1. She had not completed all vaccinations (Booster shots for at least 1 weren't possible due to requiring 12 months between shots).

That's because you don't have to COMPLETE a vaccination series, you just have to take the first dose to be able to submit AOS. You're supposed to finish the series on your own.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.