Hobidyali

Injustices and Waking up Dissapointed and Saddened

73 posts in this topic

Im sorry if this comes off in a bad way but this is too much and maybe it's me being extra emotional today .I don't know but the more I read reviews and research this process , the more disappointed get. I am a fair person and injustices fume me, how can Casablanca be so unfair to people? Where are the human rights? Some of these questions that are being asked to some people are just out of control.

Why do you love an older woman and she's fat? Some men like older women, hell, why not date a younger guy. Have you ever heard of fat fetishes, personally I like men on the thinner side and you may like Arabs or Chinese or whatever the hell. Who are these people to say who likes what. Now, to be brutally honest, if there's a 23 year old man wanting to marry a 50 year old, ok, I get it but to just box someone in on a category of fraud just because of this should not be happening.

Why do you want to marry a woman who has been divorced ? Geez, is the woman at fault that her husband left her, abused her or their relationship simply drifted apart? Does this mean that she doesn't have the right to  remarry? What do they care if a Muslim man wants to marry a divorced woman? Yes, it's not the norm but who says that it can't happen.

Why do you want to marry a woman with kids??? I am not even going to answer on this one, just despicable. Yes, a Muslim man marrying a woman with kids bla bla red flag and bla, but why not? Didn't Mohammed (pbuh) marry a widow with children as well. 

If you take so long to answer, you lie. Not even going to waste my time answering this one.

And the list goes on and on and on and on

REALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is appalling, and what is mind blowing to me is that it continues to happen.

I am well aware that there are fraud cases and we are trying to keep us safe,  I am the first person to admit that but to be treated so unfairly and denied when there are no obvious reasons for concern is completely unacceptable honestly.

I am not sure why people haven't complained in the past, why they are allowed to continue to do it, I am truly at a complete loss .

I am honestly saddened and disappointed in the way our loved ones are being treated, this is ridiculous.

Edited by Hobidyali

Honestly, there's no good answer for any of this, is there?

Casablanca is notorious for having these kinds of interviews. VJ has oodles and oodles of posts about people seeking advice for what to do when it's time for their interview.

My advice, if you're actually looking to change how things are done at the embassy, is to do research and write to your state representatives. There's nothing that we can do as private citizens aside from ask the people who are in office to see that there are changes that need to be made.

1 minute ago, Ben&Zian said:

It has nothing to do with "humanity" and "injustices". Morocco like several other countries in that region are ripe with visa fraud. Using marriage and US citizens to get to the US and dump them then.

If something is outside of a cultural norm, as in, if a 23 year old Moroccan man would never ever ever date a previously divorced woman with a kid(s) who is 12-20 years older than he is and of a different religion, there in Morocco, why would he somewhere else?

It doesn't make any sense. Obviously there are the cases where it does work and is a successful relationship in the long term; but it is the job of the CO's at the embassy to 'weed' out the false ones.

If it seems unfair, that could be said about people who want a tourist visa to the US from many countries but can't get it. It's because of a bad history and track record of visa fraud and abuse. 

You can as mentioned write a letter of complaint to a respresentative and all; but when it comes to the embassy they have certain diplomatic status and immunities where they are like their own powers and can't be influenced easily. 

Again this has nothing to do with "human rights". Has to do with the embassy and the CO's doing their jobs despite how "mean and cruel" you may think it is. It isn't a right to come to the US, it's a privilege and again with such bad track records from these countries, that's why these types of things are in place. Trust me, Philippines is no easier when it comes to tourist visas, it has a high denial rate. Seem unfair? Sure, but I understand it definately as they don't have the best history when it comes to people not overstaying and such. 

While it is good to vent; just search here on VJ about some other cases from Morocco and others in that region and you will read some of the most absurd stories ever about fraudulent relationships/marriages. Some of them are very hard to read because it seems like fiction but they apparently are true.

1 minute ago, Ben&Zian said:

It has nothing to do with "humanity" and "injustices". Morocco like several other countries in that region are ripe with visa fraud. Using marriage and US citizens to get to the US and dump them then.

If something is outside of a cultural norm, as in, if a 23 year old Moroccan man would never ever ever date a previously divorced woman with a kid(s) who is 12-20 years older than he is and of a different religion, there in Morocco, why would he somewhere else?

It doesn't make any sense. Obviously there are the cases where it does work and is a successful relationship in the long term; but it is the job of the CO's at the embassy to 'weed' out the false ones.

If it seems unfair, that could be said about people who want a tourist visa to the US from many countries but can't get it. It's because of a bad history and track record of visa fraud and abuse. 

You can as mentioned write a letter of complaint to a respresentative and all; but when it comes to the embassy they have certain diplomatic status and immunities where they are like their own powers and can't be influenced easily. 

Again this has nothing to do with "human rights". Has to do with the embassy and the CO's doing their jobs despite how "mean and cruel" you may think it is. It isn't a right to come to the US, it's a privilege and again with such bad track records from these countries, that's why these types of things are in place. Trust me, Philippines is no easier when it comes to tourist visas, it has a high denial rate. Seem unfair? Sure, but I understand it definately as they don't have the best history when it comes to people not overstaying and such. 

While it is good to vent; just search here on VJ about some other cases from Morocco and others in that region and you will read some of the most absurd stories ever about fraudulent relationships/marriages. Some of them are very hard to read because it seems like fiction but they apparently are true.

I respectfully disagree, there is fraud in Morocco, I've read all of them I think at this point and I too feel that the "CO" needs to really look into cases a little deeper but my concern is not on whether they probe or doubt or question, I refer to seemingly normal people, no red flags and no reason for concern to not only be denied but to be treated in such an unfair way. If you read some of these reviews you see the harsh way that some people are spoken to and their's really no excuse for that type of behavior. I do agree that there's fraud and maybe more than half are, I've read the horror stories but some denials are just uncalled for and the harsh words are completely unecessary.

9 minutes ago, geowrian said:

Honestly, I think they ask personal questions like that just to see how the beneficiary responds. The truth comes out when somebody loses their cool or gets uncomfortable. It's harsh, but I do think there is a method behind the madness, not just insults.

I agree with all you said, I know that this is the reason why they do it and it's definitely not ok. Question, do you think if the interview was conducted here in the U.S. that they would be treated the same? I know that this a U.s. consulate but very much influenced by Moroccan culture, this type of attitude I am sure would not go okay here as I am sure there would be complaint after complaint about people screaming injustice.

23 minutes ago, Jaquelly said:

Honestly, there's no good answer for any of this, is there?

Casablanca is notorious for having these kinds of interviews. VJ has oodles and oodles of posts about people seeking advice for what to do when it's time for their interview.

My advice, if you're actually looking to change how things are done at the embassy, is to do research and write to your state representatives. There's nothing that we can do as private citizens aside from ask the people who are in office to see that there are changes that need to be made.

Thank you, this comment makes me hopeful that there are still human beings out there with some sense of fairness and empathy for others. This whole situation really hurts me, there's no reason why two people, young, same age, no histories of bad behavior not only be denied but be talked down to like dogs with their questions.

4 minutes ago, Hobidyali said:

I agree with all you said, I know that this is the reason why they do it and it's definitely not ok. Question, do you think if the interview was conducted here in the U.S. that they would be treated the same? I know that this a U.s. consulate but very much influenced by Moroccan culture, this type of attitude I am sure would not go okay here as I am sure there would be complaint after complaint about people screaming injustice.

Maybe not as harsh, but they will look at the local culture as well to see if anything is off. I've seen some pretty nasty reports about IOs as well. haha

The difference of interviewing in the US is they have certain rights once inside the US that don't apply for a visa applicant abroad. They're also separate departments of government (DHS vs DOS), with different policy manuals, processes, management, etc.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

1 minute ago, RJandHamid said:

Like mentioned above, the CO is trying to see how the beneficiary reacts and if they seem prepared with a reasonable answer. Is it always fair? Probably not, but unfortunately it is a method that they use to weed out fraudulent relationships. 

Those 'seemingly normal' stories that you read here often have a backstory that isn't mentioned. Again, maybe it's not 'fair', but immigration is privilege, not a right. People are quick to say that a denial is 'injustice', but often (not always) there is a bit more to the story. 

Generally if the beneficiary can answer questions confidently, they have a good chance of being approved in Casablanca. The answers that you gave to your sample questions in the initial post is what the CO is looking for. Also evidence is key in Casablanca. I can't stress enough how important it is to front load the initial petition, and how important it is that the beneficiary knows what evidence was included and knows everything about the petitioner's past and present. 

Yes, all true thank you..completely unnecessary though and quite frankly a cause for concern. They need an overhaul, with a better director and more unbiased co's. Maybe hire a new set of people, bring in some training . Something. It's not about fair only, it's about respect, humanity and peoples lives are not a joke. Not ok in any way.

2 minutes ago, geowrian said:

Maybe not as harsh, but they will look at the local culture as well to see if anything is off. I've seen some pretty nasty reports about IOs as well. haha

The difference of interviewing in the US is they have certain rights once inside the US that don't apply for a visa applicant abroad. They're also separate departments of government (DHS vs DOS), with different policy manuals, processes, management, etc.

Exactly, they get away with it , why??? Because in the u.s we have lawyers , notice how they can't go in with their U.S. partner or lawyer, this is their time to tear a person apart when no one is looking. F'd up.

Just now, geowrian said:

Attorneys have no role in the interview, both in the US and outside of it. They can sit in on the interview, but cannot answer questions or influence the decision.

Very true but I am sure if they were present some of the epiclly out out control and fantastic questions would not be asked in the form that they are, of this I am more than sure. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.