MXcompadre

Form DS-5535 'SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS FOR VISA APPLICANTS'

3,894 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sierra Leone
Timeline
1 hour ago, MM&W said:

Hello, does anyone know how can I download the form DS-5535? Didn’t have my interview yet, just preparing if the consular does ask me

Most people are given the form at the interview and some are emailed the form. If this is a permanent form they are going to implement, I feel this should be done in the initial stages, but who am I? Maybe they will start making it apart of the initial stages 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 10/3/2017 at 3:34 PM, Renee14 said:

I haven't gotten anymore updates either. Only few within a week of them receiving the form. None since the 17th of August.

My last update was also august 17 nothing since then 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
5 hours ago, Tarsha said:

Most people are given the form at the interview and some are emailed the form. If this is a permanent form they are going to implement, I feel this should be done in the initial stages, but who am I? Maybe they will start making it apart of the initial stages 

Thank you! Basically the form that they give you is basically the same exact thing that you just showed me?

Filed: E-2 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hello, I had my interview on August 11 and was advised that further investigation is required (AP), so I was handed a Pink slip and my Passport was kept at the Consulate in Frankfurt. Later on the same day, I received the DS-5535 as an email which in return I submitted on August 16th in the body of the email. I then received a reply stating that it will be "forward for appropriate action".

It is now 51 days since my interview and I have not received a single update, since August 11. I studied in the US from 2008-2014 on an F1 and have been visiting the US for the past 3 years for multiple vacations through the visa waiver program. 

For everyone, here I hope we all get good news soon as I know how depressing it can be!

Timeline
1 hour ago, APDS5535 said:

Hello, I had my interview on August 11 and was advised that further investigation is required (AP), so I was handed a Pink slip and my Passport was kept at the Consulate in Frankfurt. Later on the same day, I received the DS-5535 as an email which in return I submitted on August 16th in the body of the email. I then received a reply stating that it will be "forward for appropriate action".

It is now 51 days since my interview and I have not received a single update, since August 11. I studied in the US from 2008-2014 on an F1 and have been visiting the US for the past 3 years for multiple vacations through the visa waiver program. 

For everyone, here I hope we all get good news soon as I know how depressing it can be!

Even though I’ve seen some that has not traveled receive the form, the majority of people that are are ones that has traveled outside of their country. This is good to know. I hope everyone receives their visa soon as well...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
9 hours ago, APDS5535 said:

I did not travel to any country I got form ds 5535

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

No updates here.

Do you believe this form is here to stay after Nov 30, 2017?

http://www.nafsa.org/Professional_Resources/Browse_by_Interest/International_Students_and_Scholars/Form_DS-5535,_Supplemental_Questions_for_Visa_Applicants/

If not, what happens to those of us currently under review and waiting?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
On 10/8/2017 at 5:32 AM, MedBrie said:

any new information about the ds 5535 process? who has called the embassy Last week? and what did they say?

Still waiting and it has been 2 and half months. 

Timeline
21 hours ago, Renee14 said:

No updates here.

Do you believe this form is here to stay after Nov 30, 2017?

http://www.nafsa.org/Professional_Resources/Browse_by_Interest/International_Students_and_Scholars/Form_DS-5535,_Supplemental_Questions_for_Visa_Applicants/

If not, what happens to those of us currently under review and waiting?

I think this form is here for a while, BUT I think it will be apart of initial applications. A lot wrote in about this form, I was one and I don’t think the form is bad, but it has awful timing. After months to getting to the interview stage...no one should have to wait because of a form. Deny or approve should be the only thing you hear

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

I have good news to share with you guys,

My wife's interview was on 27th of July and she was handed the DS-5535 form at the end of interview.

Today they called her to bring her passport in to stamp the visa :)

Good luck to all of you

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline
42 minutes ago, mohamadmashta said:

I have good news to share with you guys,

My wife's interview was on 27th of July and she was handed the DS-5535 form at the end of interview.

Today they called her to bring her passport in to stamp the visa :)

Good luck to all of you

Congratulations

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.