MXcompadre

Form DS-5535 'SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS FOR VISA APPLICANTS'

3,894 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
3 hours ago, Mia12392 said:

it seems like everyone's stuck... Haven't heard any good news in a while. 

They make 9 updates but they stopped make updates  .A month and a half went by and they are not do any update

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline
Just now, Redouaneew said:

They make 9 updates but they stopped make updates  .A month and a half went by and they are not do any update

I haven't gotten anymore updates either. Only few within a week of them receiving the form. None since the 17th of August.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Renee14 said:

I haven't gotten anymore updates either. Only few within a week of them receiving the form. None since the 17th of August.

Some people says if they stopped make updates that means they are finish your case but they will make last update and call you I don't know if that is true or no

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Redouaneew said:

Some people says if they stopped make updates that means they are finish your case but they will make last update and call you I don't know if that is true or no

It's possible. I'm almost thinking there's no priority for AP of CR-1 visas because someone else in the feed interview on the same day at same embassy for different type of visa and they got called back weeks ago. It didn't take long to review their supplemental form

Timeline
1 hour ago, Renee14 said:

It's possible. I'm almost thinking there's no priority for AP of CR-1 visas because someone else in the feed interview on the same day at same embassy for different type of visa and they got called back weeks ago. It didn't take long to review their supplemental form

I have cr1 . I am waiting 112 days . When I sent them messages they says wait wait 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Redouaneew said:

I have cr1 . I am waiting 112 days . When I sent them messages they says wait wait 

Hopefully we all here something soon God willing

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sierra Leone
Timeline
7 hours ago, Mia12392 said:

did anyone receive any updates?? I'm getting depressed now :unsure:

My last update was September 19th...nothing since. It was an every Monday update from the time we returned the form (August 28th) to September 19th (5 updates). I haven't contacted them because it states to wait 60 days for AP and also to record when they update your case on their own. If you contact them, they update your case. 

8 hours ago, Tarsha said:

My last update was September 19th...nothing since. It was an every Monday update from the time we returned the form (August 28th) to September 19th (5 updates). I haven't contacted them because it states to wait 60 days for AP and also to record when they update your case on their own. If you contact them, they update your case. 

i dont think so i didnt call them and they updated my case 4 times in one week , my last update was on september 29

Hi all,

it's not always true that they update each time you contact or call. 

I submitted the form the same day of the interview on August the 31st, and called so many times, there have been no updates at all since the submission date. It's been more than a month now and i'm not even applying for an immigrant visa, it's a business trip for training. I'm getting depressed as I'm obliged to tell my employer to push the training date every week..

hope we all hear good news soon

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
13 hours ago, Tarsha said:

same here. only had about 3 updates since i've returned the form .

Timeline
8 hours ago, MedBrie said:

i dont think so i didnt call them and they updated my case 4 times in one week , my last update was on september 29

That’s when they are updating your case. Otherwise, if you contact them and speak to someone, every time they open your file, the bottom date will move. AP can take anywhere from a couple of days (if you just forgot to submit something) to a while (😩security checks). After 60 days you can email a request which will probably be generic, and after a while, you can get your state’s congressman involved so the case don’t just die in AP

40 minutes ago, Tarsha said:

That’s when they are updating your case. Otherwise, if you contact them and speak to someone, every time they open your file, the bottom date will move. AP can take anywhere from a couple of days (if you just forgot to submit something) to a while (😩security checks). After 60 days you can email a request which will probably be generic, and after a while, you can get your state’s congressman involved so the case don’t just die in AP

did you have to call a congressman ?

Timeline
3 hours ago, MedBrie said:

did you have to call a congressman ?

I haven’t reached 60 days yet and honestly I’m not expecting anything before 60 days. If we receive an approval before the 60 day mark, best believe everyone in the world will know because I will be the happiest woman in the world 

Timeline
1 hour ago, MM&W said:

Hello, does anyone know how can I download the form DS-5535? Didn’t have my interview yet, just preparing if the consular does ask me

DS5535.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.