MXcompadre

Form DS-5535 'SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS FOR VISA APPLICANTS'

3,894 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sierra Leone
Timeline
10 hours ago, Mia12392 said:

Hello do you have the link to the forum? I want to write my review. 

Yes! 

https://www.regulations.gov/docket?D=DOS-2017-0032

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
On 9/26/2017 at 12:23 PM, Zara90 said:

The last update on his case was on august 30th and there were few updates before that too 

Were those updates due to your mails to the embassy or it was updated itself ?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, RocarrM said:

Were those updates due to your mails to the embassy or it was updated itself ?

It was updated by itself. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi Everyone;

My husband just received 5535 after his interview today. CR1 visa. They said they will email the form to him. He still didn't receive anything.

Do we wait for their email or Do we go ahead  download it from the internet and fill it out. 

What is the email address that you used to email the form 5535

Thank you all and hope everyone will get their visa issued soon

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sierra Leone
Timeline
17 minutes ago, omar1 said:

Hi Everyone;

My husband just received 5535 after his interview today. CR1 visa. They said they will email the form to him. He still didn't receive anything.

Do we wait for their email or Do we go ahead  download it from the internet and fill it out. 

My fiancé was given his at the interview and the CO told him to return it the following Monday so he hand delivered his. Many have stated that they received theirs by email and loaded it in the Dropbox. I'm unsure about that way, but I'm sure it can be downloaded online, but just unsure if you have to have a link to the Dropbox 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline
1 hour ago, omar1 said:

Hi Everyone;

We received the form via email with specific return instructions. Did you contact the embassy to ask for it?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Tarsha said:

My fiancé was given his at the interview and the CO told him to return it the following Monday so he hand delivered his. Many have stated that they received theirs by email and loaded it in the Dropbox. I'm unsure about that way, but I'm sure it can be downloaded online, but just unsure if you have to have a link to the Dropbox 

Thank you so much Tarsha. I appreciate your response. 

Timeline
Just now, Renee14 said:

We received the form via email with specific return instructions. Did you contact the embassy to ask for it?

Thank you Renee14. He just had his interview today. So I will wait until tomorrow and if we don"t receive anything, I will email them

How long did you wait after submitting the form to hear back from them? was your visa already issued?

Timeline
6 minutes ago, omar1 said:

Thank you Renee14. He just had his interview today. So I will wait until tomorrow and if we don"t receive anything, I will email them

How long did you wait after submitting the form to hear back from them? was your visa already issued?

We received the form the next day after the interview. I would wait if they say they are going to email it to you. We received the form and they wanted the completed form copied and pasted directly into the reply message. Each embassy may have slightly different instructions. You couldn't have the email to reply until they emailed you the form. There wasn't a drop box for this embassy and they only wanted it returned digitally

We completed and returned it next day on August 11th. They confirmed receipt and and still waiting.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Renee14 said:

We received the form the next day after the interview. I would wait if they say they are going to email it to you. We received the form and they wanted the completed form copied and pasted directly into the reply message. Each embassy may have slightly different instructions. You couldn't have the email to reply until they emailed you the form. There wasn't a drop box for this embassy and they only wanted it returned digitally

We completed and returned it next day on August 11th. They confirmed receipt and and still waiting.

Thank you so much. This is really helpful. I will wait until tomorrow.

I hope you will hear soon and have your visa issued . let's hope for the best

Timeline
33 minutes ago, omar1 said:

Thank you so much. This is really helpful. I will wait until tomorrow.

I hope you will hear soon and have your visa issued . let's hope for the best

You're welcome. If you don't get it, reach out to them for it and follow their instructions

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
9 hours ago, omar1 said:

Will do. Thank you again for your help. much appreciated

Here's the email address you'll need either to contact them about the form or to send them the completed form: IVCasablanca@state.gov

11 hours ago, omar1 said:

Once you send them the form they'll either reply to confirm its reception or they will just not reply. In both cases, there isn't much you can do at this stage but wait and keep checking your case status online at CEAC website.

I had to submit form DS-5535 too and I was on AP for 2 months and a half, then finally got my visa. But each case is different, so good luck! 

~~~

Timeline
8 hours ago, SaRy said:

Here's the email address you'll need either to contact them about the form or to send them the completed form: IVCasablanca@state.gov

Once you send them the form they'll either reply to confirm its reception or they will just not reply. In both cases, there isn't much you can do at this stage but wait and keep checking your case status online at CEAC website.

I had to submit form DS-5535 too and I was on AP for 2 months and a half, then finally got my visa. But each case is different, so good luck! 

Thank you SaRy. and Congratulations for your visa. That's awesome!!!

I have received the email today from them. and submitted the document. They dont accept attachments. you have to copy and paste into the email.

Thank you and wish you the best in your new life in USA

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
48 minutes ago, omar1 said:

Thank you SaRy. and Congratulations for your visa. That's awesome!!!

I have received the email today from them. and submitted the document. They dont accept attachments. you have to copy and paste into the email.

Thank you and wish you the best in your new life in USA

Welcome and thank you. Good luck! :) 

~~~

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.