MXcompadre

Form DS-5535 'SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS FOR VISA APPLICANTS'

3,894 posts in this topic

My visa Interview was on 10th July. On 19 July I received for 5535 that I filled and sent that after 2 days. I am very depressed right now as I have Internal Medicine residency interviews in the coming weeks. That`s the second time in a year that my visa has gone into AP. Earlier this year, My visa was in AP for 87 days. I have already lost 1 academic year due this visa issue and I can`t afford to lose another one. It`s a B1 visitor visa that I have applied for :(  :(  :(:( 

Edited by MTK

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Anyone with any updates ? It’s almost going to be 3 months since my fiancé had his interview and last update on his case was August 30th. This is very dreadful. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sierra Leone
Timeline

Have anyone heard anything about them keeping this form in place, as it expires November 29th? What will happen to the cases that are not approved by this timeline and are they going to give this form out to the date of November 29th? 

45 minutes ago, bouthaina_c said:

Hello,

Did anyone apply for the visa not from his country?

I'm Tunisian living in France. I applied in France and submitted the form since the 31st of August and I didn't see any update on my application even after calling them several times.

Does that complicate more the processing?

Thank you

Hello, 

please take a look at this link: http://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=703725,  there's a french story for the DS-5535, you can give us your background and help us to estimate the process time.

On 10/14/2017 at 10:42 PM, MTK said:

My visa Interview was on 10th July. On 19 July I received for 5535 that I filled and sent that after 2 days. I am very depressed right now as I have Internal Medicine residency interviews in the coming weeks. That`s the second time in a year that my visa has gone into AP. Earlier this year, My visa was in AP for 87 days. I have already lost 1 academic year due this visa issue and I can`t afford to lose another one. It`s a B1 visitor visa that I have applied for :(  :(  :(:( 

Hello, 

was your first visa issued ?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Hello everyone, today my fiancé’s case got updated who resides in Afghanistan but the change happened during my day and his night time past 12am. Idk if anyone else experienced this. Idk if that means that my case is being worked on in the US. And status update shows 17th of October when it’s still 16th here.

Edited by Zara90

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
On 10/12/2017 at 8:31 AM, aadi0014 said:

Hi guys I have an update whenever I sent them a query they replied me that your application is in administrative processing most applications approved within 60 days in my case on 15 Oct it will be 2 months from the day of my interview and filled ds5531 yesterday I sent them a query and they replied me within 2 hours with this message is it make any difference?

Dear Mr./Ms.

We understand that you would like to know the status of your U.S Visa application. 

Please be advised that if your visa application is approved, your passport and visa can be collected from the pickup location you selected when you scheduled for an interview appointment. When your passport is available at the selected location you will receive an email that your passport is “Ready for Pick Up”. 

Please be assured that once the processing is completed or if the Embassy needs further information, you will be intimated about the same.

Any news??? Did they call you?

Edited by Yousrariad

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
10 minutes ago, MedBrie said:

my friend from morocco got call from emabssy to mail his passport to the embassy ,

how lomg after interview and ds 5535??

4 minutes ago, rafiq akhtar said:

how lomg after interview and ds 5535??

120 days there is an other ladies got call too after 90 days 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
16 minutes ago, MedBrie said:
1 minute ago, MedBrie said:

120 days there is an other ladies got call too after 90 days 

all these people from Morocco only??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.