dwheels76

AP nothing asked for wonder if its about my EX?? :(

45 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Just wondering if now I get my Senator or congressman involved or let the embassy do their thing. I have a choice of Ted Cruz or John Coryn. Lord help me.

I don't know John Coryn, but I doubt Ted Cruz will help you one damned bit. You could play to the evangelical side maybe. But I think all the Republican candidates want to come down on the side of NO immigration help.

They probably just want to check your story and make sure the correct paperwork was filed.

How is your ex not a bigamist? If you were married to him, how could he marry a Nigerian women three days before his interview?

Sukie in NY

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear that. :( You're such a great support to everyone on here and you honestly don't deserve this. :( Just try and stay positive. It seems that some countries do experience a lot of AP so perhaps this is just one of those routine checks?!

Senator Cornyn helped us when we were stuck at NVC. Him and his team were very helpful and approachable and certainly the reason why we eventually got case complete. However, I think the best to do at this point though is let the embassy do their work. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Met online October 2010

Engaged December 31st 2011

heart.gifMarried May 14th 2013 heart.gif

USCIS Stage

September 8th 2014 - Filed I-130 with Nebraska Service Center

September 16th 2014 - NOA1 received

March 2nd 2015 - NOA2 received :dancing:

NVC Stage

March 28th 2015 - Choice of agent complete & AOS fee paid

April 17th 2015 - IV fee paid

May 1st 2015 - Sent in IV application

May 12th 2015 - Sent in AOS and IV documents

May 18th 2015 - Scan Date

June 18th 2015 - Checklist received

June 22nd 2015 - Checklist response sent to NVC

June 25th 2015 - Put for Supervisor Review

Sept 15th 2015 - Request help from Texas US Senator Cornyn and his team

Sept 23rd 2015 - Our case is moved from supervisor review to NVC's team for dealing with Senator requests

Nov 4th 2015 - CASE COMPLETE!!!! :dancing:

Embassy Stage

Dec 16th 2015 - Medical exam

Dec 21st 2015 - Interview

Dec 21st 2015 - 221(g) issued at interview for updated forms

Jan 13th 2016 - Mailed our reply to the 221(g) to the US Embassy, received and CEAC updated the next morning

Jan 20th 2016 - Embassy require more in-depth info on asset for i-864

Feb 1st 2016 - Sent more in-depth info on assets as requested. Received the next morning

Feb 16th 2016 - Visa has been issued :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

In the US

April 5th 2016 - POE Newark. No questions asked.

April 14th 2016 - SSN received

May 10th 2016 - First day at my new job :dancing:

May 27th 2016 - Green Card received

June 7th 2016 - Got my Texas driver's license

AP happens to everyone; the only question is how long it will last.

I was also faced with the Faustian choice of turning to Ted Cruz or John Cornyn's offices for help. In the end I went with John Cornyn. They're both crazy, but Cornyn's slightly less bad than Cruz.

Since then I've turned to John Cornyn's office a couple more times for assistance with other federal agencies and they've come through each time. Of course, this is his staffers doing it, not him personally.

If it were me, I'd give it a month and then maybe see what they can do. Being AP, the answer is likely "not much". Hopefully you will hear something positive soon.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I really hope it is only a formality for them checking the old file maybe to see if the last application was canceled the right way or maybe they just want to double check something. I wish you the best please keep us up to date. I'll keep you in my prayers. This process sucks. You never know what is around the corner =( <3 Good luck!!

I bet it's just because you were married before to another Nigerian. They're just double checking all their facts. I'm sure it'll be okay, but you have to give it some time. Try to enjoy your time there with your husband vs worrying about what you can't control. Chin up Debbie. :) You deserve happiness so give yourself some.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

So true I hear ya. Like I was outside and they knew it all they needed to do was ask me anything. Good grief. Stock interview s.

Deb,

When my hubby was put in AP I contacted my US Senator's immigration liaison that very day(I was in Jordan at the interview with my husband). The liaison inquired on our behalf immediately and continued to do so every 2 weeks until my husband's visa was issued(10 weeks later). The liaison told me they are usually not told specifics of the background checks but the fact that the consulate knows that your case is being followed is a good thing. The consulate always responded to him, and when I emailed the consulate myself they always responded to me, as well. they were always very helpful, empathetic and understanding. Keep us updated Sweet Pea.

PS. The reason I had him inquire was because of an issue we had at the NVC when my husband's application was held up for several weeks when they changed the fee for immigrant visas. Others whose applications were at the NVC at that time had only been held up for a day or two and the liaison was instrumental in getting the application moving forward when the NVC was totally useless in helping. I was taking no chances so I called him the moment we got home from the interview with the dreaded green slip.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Update: Well I finally had my husband write up his interview review in his words. He just posed and I wanted to post here also so you could all read it.

Interview day April 29th, 2016, 7:0am

Well we left hotel about 6am we were just about 15 minutes drive away. Got to embassy and saw the line. I think they say the queue. About 100 people taking up 3 rows.

I got my binder/folder and 2 albums and my wife had all our stuff and stood under the tree. It was getting ready to rain.

At about 6:46am I was let in the security building (not the embassy we are across the street from there). I guess this is what you call the processing center.
Bags checked. Bodies scanned and then I presented my interview letter.

We were then taken across the street to the Embassy (it started pouring ran. My poor Nkem).
Once inside the embassy bags and books and thing are put on the scanner and we walk through metal detector machine. I make it beep. Oh Lord I think. I have to take off belt and shoes (which took me some working to get on).

All is fine and now I struggle to get redress and my shoes are making me sweat na o. I am now sweating crazy. Thank God for my hanky my wife gave me.

Now we get our number and stand in a line to hand over our original documents, passport. I hand over my wife's passport also to let them know she is here. They give back say they don't need it. This must have been 2 hours wait. Standing all this while.

Finally I get to sit down. I am listening to all the interviews and seems everyone is getting Approved. I knew I would have no wahala.

Then my number comes up about 45 minutes after I sit. It's about 9:00am. I get window 13. With a white woman CO. She says hello, raise my right hand I take the oath, Than my fingerprints are done.

Now the interview begins. Here are the questions she asked in order.

1. Who's calling you? typing typing typing
2. Her middle name are you the one giving that to her? typing typing typing,
She smiles and says "that's nice".
3. How many times has she visited you? typing typing typing
4. When last you saw her? (I say she's out side, the CO said "Really, that's great")
she's typing typing typing
5. Have you ever been married before? typing typing typing
6. Do you have any children? typing typing typing

*******she said excuse me and left the booth to go to another room to talk to someone or something. Came back after about 4 minutes.**********

7. Has your wife been married before? typing typing typing
8. To who? What is his name? typing typing typing
9. Is he a Nigerian? typing typing typing...stop o and Looked and got up and left.

She left again for a while it seemed forever. Came back said "sorry, You have answered all our questions, We have everything we need from you. But our system is not accessing the information we need to complete our processing.
We will not be able to resolve this today. Please give us 60 days and we will call or email you. If we haven't contacted you within 60 days do feel free to contact us. I am sorry for the inconvenience to you. And I apologize".

She handed me the paper saying AP and told me to hold on to my passport until they need it.

My face was not kind at this point I was in shock. She kept saying sorry. I just said fine and tuned and dropped my papers on the floor. Not happy as it seemed every face in the room was looking upon me.

I don't understand this process at all. How can this happen and no one tells you nothing. Our case was received at embassy March 29th. The first update was 2 days before interview. Does that mean they let our case sit for almost a month. Then 2 days before they start preparing for our interview. She seemed not very prepared.

All I could think about was going outside to tell my wife this sad news. I was disappointed and mad at same time.

The CO lady seemed friendly never rude, listening to me, asking me questions. It was like talking to a friend.

Me and my wife have faith that the process will be fine we aren't worried. Nothing can break us. We have a saying between us "it's us against the world". So we will wait, however long it takes. We commit it to God's hands now.

I thank God for the opportunity and the privilege to have had this experience with US Immigration. Thanks to my wife, I have learned so much. But let me say this here and now, I am most grateful to my beautiful great wife Nkem. You know her as Dwheels76. She is the best.

Edited by dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Awe Deb that is sweet. Oh I feel for you.

I hope this gets resolved quickly!!!

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Timeline

Well well well dwheels, how did this get vy me , never knew you remarry so congrats,

they do give back PP to some instead of keeping it during AP but they contact them as

soon as they finish checking, they must be matching BIO of the ex just to see datelines,

and who knows he may have lied along the way...maybe he will be well scrutinize the next

time he enters the US

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

If you live in the Houston Area you may want to contact Congress woman Sheila Jackson, she sure will be a lot more sensitive then TED CRUZ.

But I believe you wont have to do that, God will answer your prayer soon. Keep the faith.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Nkem, It would be very hard to go through that whole process with the EX and continue to believe in your destiny and dreams. It amazes me that when God is in it, we can overcome the impossible. There is good news and as my Bishop Oyedepo has said to many times... GO TO WAR WITH YOUR PRAISES!!! You are a living testimony of overcoming a tragic heartfelt moment of deceit and found love again. There is so much alive in you that is for the ELITE!! I have seen your passion to help others and how is it that you choose this particular country? You have spent sweat, tears as a US Citizen to understand the culture of Nigeria and only those who have spent specific time in this country and who love it as much as they love their spouse will ever meet up to the expectations to REIGN!!!! The enemy is a liar!!! If you are like me, who has cried tears for this country and know our heart is more than bringing our loved ones' to America... It is the destiny! Our God is going to be glorified in this situation! Speculation is confusion. Remain in the presence of the Almighty, whatever is good and favorable will withstand. There is no cutting corners in this process and you better than anyone knows the value in GOLD of being loved by a beautiful Godly man, a man who fasts and prays for you. You will receive great honor in you journey! My heart goes out to you!

Timeline

If you live in the Houston Area you may want to contact Congress woman Sheila Jackson, she sure will be a lot more sensitive then TED CRUZ.

But I believe you wont have to do that, God will answer your prayer soon. Keep the faith.

Oh thank you. I will note that. And yes We are believing a fast process here with no issues cuz there are none. Thank you for the information.

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline

Nkem, It would be very hard to go through that whole process with the EX and continue to believe in your destiny and dreams. It amazes me that when God is in it, we can overcome the impossible. There is good news and as my Bishop Oyedepo has said to many times... GO TO WAR WITH YOUR PRAISES!!! You are a living testimony of overcoming a tragic heartfelt moment of deceit and found love again. There is so much alive in you that is for the ELITE!! I have seen your passion to help others and how is it that you choose this particular country? You have spent sweat, tears as a US Citizen to understand the culture of Nigeria and only those who have spent specific time in this country and who love it as much as they love their spouse will ever meet up to the expectations to REIGN!!!! The enemy is a liar!!! If you are like me, who has cried tears for this country and know our heart is more than bringing our loved ones' to America... It is the destiny! Our God is going to be glorified in this situation! Speculation is confusion. Remain in the presence of the Almighty, whatever is good and favorable will withstand. There is no cutting corners in this process and you better than anyone knows the value in GOLD of being loved by a beautiful Godly man, a man who fasts and prays for you. You will receive great honor in you journey! My heart goes out to you!

Oh my how sweet are you. Thank you for this affirmation and lifting me up. This is just awesome. I so appreciate your kindness and words. It's ointment to my soul and spirit thank you.

I look forward to telling you all good news. God bless you.

ROC I-751

N-400

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Oh my how sweet are you. Thank you for this affirmation and lifting me up. This is just awesome. I so appreciate your kindness and words. It's ointment to my soul and spirit thank you.

I look forward to telling you all good news. God bless you.

As Jacob wrestled with God through the night and said BLESS ME! This is your story... I sing praises for your situation! Your Good news is received! We Bless God! From Glory to Glory!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.