C & B_27

HELP PLEASE! How to cancel the petition as a beneficiary, our case is already in the Manila Embassy and is ready for the medical and interview

44 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone, I would like to ask if someone here have experienced our case.

Our case is ready for the medical and interview, however, it didn't work out between the two of us.

i have heard that the petitioner should send an email and call them, but my ex fiance doesn't wanna' do that.

if i will be the one to email them, will they acknowledge it? How long does it take to have that cancelled? Or should i just wait for the NOA 2 to expire by november?

Also, if ever someone will file for a petition for me again, can he file while our status is pending?

Will it affect our visa? Should we file for a fiance or better a marriage visa?

thank you so much for your help.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

You can either send an email to US embassy with your detailed info (full name, case number etc)  informing them that you do not wish to proceed with the interview or since you are at the stage of going for medical and interview, do not proceed. Allow the petition to expire. Make sure you disclose it the next time you apply and go for interview. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

If you cannot get the petitioner to cancel it. That will cause problems if you ever get petitioned again. 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

1 hour ago, Ontarkie said:

If you cannot get the petitioner to cancel it. That will cause problems if you ever get petitioned again. 

^^^This.  

You must get your petitioner to withdraw the petition.  The petition will expire in one year.  However, it will still be in their system and it will cause a future denial.  

Timeline

There are at least 2 other members here who are in similar situation. She had 1 petitioner for K-1, Broke off then another guy petitioned her but at interview the Embassy Consular did not approve the visa and sent her file back to NVC as the other petition was never withdrawn. She has since contacted BF #1 and he has now submitted withdraw request.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Athens said:

if you decide not to contact the embassy and allow the petition expire,  it will expire in 1 year,  starting from the creation date.  

NOA2 said expiration of it is 7/5/2017- 11/4/17.

our noa1 is March 13.

what does that date mean?

3 hours ago, Ontarkie said:

what if he doesnt want to cancel it, and the beneficiary doesnt wanna continue it anymore, is there a way?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Tahoma said:

^^^This.  

You must get your petitioner to withdraw the petition.  The petition will expire in one year.  However, it will still be in their system and it will cause a future denial.  

what can i do if the petitioner dont wanna cancel it. can i email them instead?

5 hours ago, C & B_27 said:

what can i do if the petitioner dont wanna cancel it. can i email them instead?

The petitioner has to cancel it because he is the one that filed it. A petition for a K1 is file by a US citizen showing eligibility to file for a fiance in a foreign country . You are not a US citizen who filed the petition so you can't change or cancel it. 

If he is adamant about not cancelling it then it is best to let it expire. If you happen to have someone else who wants to file for you within the next year or so you should expect this current petition to be a problem.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

The petition is going to be a problem even after it expires.  You should wait a while until the petitioner is in a better mood, and then ask him to withdraw the petition.  You can even write the withdrawal letter for him and email it to him.  That would make it easier for him.

Timeline

Inform BF #1 that it's best to cancel before expiration or denial because both will count against his lifetime IMBRA allotment of 2 petitions. The whole things feels off to me but I digress. Good luck and make SURE the next time.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.