35 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline

Hello everyone I've a question

Me and my mother are waiting an interview (F1 category) and we afraid because my mother was in embassy with several times for visa(tourist visa) and they didn't gave her last time when she was in embassy 11 years ago consul ask her something I don't know exactly and she lied to cosul and consul denied visa for lie and told her that never come again for visa. What do you think they don't give us visa? And another question if they don't give visa to my mother it means that I can't take too? I never been in embassy.

P.S My grandmother filled for us for me and for my unmarried mother

Sorry for my bad English

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

IF she lied about something significant she may always be denied.  If you are planning on a visa as part of her visa then if she doesn't get one you won't either.  Do you know the nature of the lie. 

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline
Just now, Redheadguy03 said:

If she lied it will come up every time. Always be honest with immigration! Depending on what exactly the lie was will probably make a slight difference too. 

Consul asked if she tried to take visa before and my mother told her no 

Edited by IamGeorgia

Timeline
Just now, f f said:

that is not a small lie and something they can easily prove she lied about. I am sorry but her credibility is pretty much zero with them now.

But we are waiting this visa aproximately 6 years we paid a lot and my mother want to live with her mother this does not mean anything with them? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You will find out when you interview, sounds like Misrep.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline
3 hours ago, IamGeorgia said:

Hello everyone I've a question

Me and my mother are waiting an interview (F1 category) and we afraid because my mother was in embassy with several times for visa(tourist visa) and they didn't gave her last time when she was in embassy 11 years ago consul ask her something I don't know exactly and she lied to cosul and consul denied visa for lie and told her that never come again for visa. What do you think they don't give us visa? And another question if they don't give visa to my mother it means that I can't take too? I never been in embassy.

P.S My grandmother filled for us for me and for my unmarried mother

Sorry for my bad English

In DS-260 your mom will have to mark "Yes" at q: have you ever been denied visa. Then to write down when and how many times that happened and to explane shortly. That was long time ago, your mom was claiming for tourist visa, and it's been denied for missrepresentation, now case is different, it's visa for family reunification, where you waited long years to get it to be with your family and now is very important to be honest filing that form and later at the interview with the consul. If you'll be honest providing correct info, consul might even not ask about it at the time of interview and I don't think, that it would be an issue to deny visa for you.

4 hours ago, IamGeorgia said:

But we are waiting this visa aproximately 6 years we paid a lot and my mother want to live with her mother this does not mean anything with them? 

Too bad it cost a lot of money but lying will always catch up with you.  No the cost of your paperwork does not concern them or anyone else in the least.  A visa is not a right, it is a privilege.

Misrep? Possibly. Material? Unsure.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
5 hours ago, IamGeorgia said:

No buts, she lied and they don't care how much you've spent or how long you've waited.. Did she think they had no record of her applying in the past? I will never understand for the life of me why people lie, especially for something that is easily provable. There is nothing you can do to change anything, just wait and see if she's denied. She misrepresented herself, don't be shocked if she is.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.