thatangela

NOA2 to NVC: Have you been waiting more than a month?

558 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

So I just called USCIS today. Tier 1 gave me be about only being able to make one service request every 30 days. I said yeah, bye, called back and 2nd tier 1 connected me to tier 2.

Well tier 2 gave me answer to my last service request: they sent it to Jakarta. He was like w-tf?? It needs to go to NVC first. Yeah dude, I know. So he put in an expedite service request for me. I'm not holding my breath. F CSC.

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, I just received an email from NVC in response to my inquiry I sent on 28 November:

"Dear Sir/Madam,

The National Visa Center received your inquiry and the attached I-797

Notice of Action - Approval Notice. Unfortunately we do not have a

record of receiving your approved petition from the U.S. Citizenship and

Immigration Services (USCIS). To assist you in determining the location

of your petition the NVC will contact USCIS on your behalf for

information on the location of this petition.

Sincerely,

Jess

National Visa Center

Written Inquiry Unit

FCi Support Contractor

NVCResearch@state.gov"

Sounds like they still don't have it... NOA 2 was 22 October.

That's more than I ever got from them.

Great another useless call to uscis today they say it's still at csc because the IO stated honestly there really backed up and NVC is requesting CSC to hold files there until the logjam dies down a little he stated they actually had a meeting today between CSC and NVC regarding this issue. I appreciate the IO's honesty but wow waiting game continues.He said to wait until January 16th a month from my service request and it should be sent out if not to call them back. So basically it's a clear cut CSC issue as it would be pointless to call or email NVC now since its collecting dust at CSC lol. I did call my senators office and they were were really friendly so basically I fill out a immigration assistance request form and write a letter fax it to them they said it takes 2 weeks for the case workers to reply and another 6-8 weeks to get a response from CSC lol really wow waiting game continues

Another story to stoke my cynicism with the process.

So I just called USCIS today. Tier 1 gave me be about only being able to make one service request every 30 days. I said yeah, bye, called back and 2nd tier 1 connected me to tier 2.

Well tier 2 gave me answer to my last service request: they sent it to Jakarta. He was like w-tf?? It needs to go to NVC first. Yeah dude, I know. So he put in an expedite service request for me. I'm not holding my breath. F CSC.

Jakarta? Why ###### Jakarta? You are getting so screwed here.

Timeline

I just read an email I received from CSC 3 days ago. I had assumed it was just automated reply to my own email. Nope. It said they have forwarded my petition to NVC and they should get it within 30 days. I kinda feel like an ### for making that service request today, but I think at this point I have some justification for being rude.

Filed: Timeline

Our first service request was put incorrectly requesting our file to be reopened instead of being sent to NVC !

Our second service request is now to expedite sending it to NVC... Does your service request start with WKD ?

1 June 2015 - MARRIAGE
7 JUNE 2015 - AOS/EAD/AP PACKET SENT VIA NEXT DAY UPS
09 JUNE 2015 - RECEIVED NOA1--AOS/EAD/AP --> ROUTED TO NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER (priority date)
10 JUNE 2015 - RECEIVED NOA1--AOS/EAD/AP (priority date)
19 JUNE 2015 - BIOMETRIC LETTER RECEIVED
01 JULY 2015 - BIOMETRIC APPOINTMENT (WEDNESDAY)
02 July 2016 - Interview (acceptance) 
10 July 2016 - GC received (conditional)
31 March 2018 - I751 filed (removal of conditions)
10 April 2018 - NOA received for Removing of conditions.

Timeline

Our first service request was put incorrectly requesting our file to be reopened instead of being sent to NVC !

Our second service request is now to expedite sending it to NVC... Does your service request start with WKD ?

Yep, but my last one did too. First started with etc.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I started off calling my senators local office. You can find that information on your senators website. The local office representative kept me updated on the case.

how long did this step take you? I called my senators office and they said once I fax over the immigration request form it usually takes case workers 2 weeks to review it and another 6-8 weeks for them to hear back from the uscis.

Timeline

I wrote this for you guys.

http://thatangela.ca/the-light-at-the-end-of-the-tunnel/

Edited by thatangela

Timeline

I just read an email I received from CSC 3 days ago. I had assumed it was just automated reply to my own email. Nope. It said they have forwarded my petition to NVC and they should get it within 30 days. I kinda feel like an ### for making that service request today, but I think at this point I have some justification for being rude.

I will only believe it when I see the post from you saying it's there. If anyone needs to have this happen, it's you.

Very Well Said Angela !!!

1 June 2015 - MARRIAGE
09 JUNE 2015 - RECEIVED NOA1--AOS/EAD/AP --> ROUTED TO NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER (priority date)

Well, I just received an email from NVC in response to my inquiry I sent on 28 November:

"Dear Sir/Madam,

The National Visa Center received your inquiry and the attached I-797

Notice of Action - Approval Notice. Unfortunately we do not have a

record of receiving your approved petition from the U.S. Citizenship and

Immigration Services (USCIS). To assist you in determining the location

of your petition the NVC will contact USCIS on your behalf for

information on the location of this petition.

Sincerely,

Jess

National Visa Center

Written Inquiry Unit

FCi Support Contractor

NVCResearch@state.gov"

Sounds like they still don't have it... NOA 2 was 22 October.

I received an email from USCIS on 20 Dec with the following:

"The status of this service request is:

We have forwarded your case to the National Visa Center. Please allow sixty (60) days for the NVC to receive the case and enter it into the systems."

I haven't called USCIS or NVC in over a month so it's good to see progress. I didn't do anything special either - just called NVC and sent in an email per their instruction to open a case. I also contacted USCIS and spoke with a Tier 2 officer who opened a case. I'll probably give them a week or so and see if NVC has the case.

I received an email from USCIS on 20 Dec with the following:

"The status of this service request is:

We have forwarded your case to the National Visa Center. Please allow sixty (60) days for the NVC to receive the case and enter it into the systems."

I haven't called USCIS or NVC in over a month so it's good to see progress. I didn't do anything special either - just called NVC and sent in an email per their instruction to open a case. I also contacted USCIS and spoke with a Tier 2 officer who opened a case. I'll probably give them a week or so and see if NVC has the case.

Some good news here.

I am trying to call NVC, however when on hold on the 2nd minute its disconnecting,,,, anyone facing the same situation today?

1 June 2015 - MARRIAGE

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hey everyone, we just recently got email notification of our NOA2 on 12/16 so I know that the next step is for it to be sent to NVC. I don't understand what happens now. Until we have our case number we can't do anything, not even schedule a medical, right? I mean in terms of us sending any info to anyone. I know we are now supposed to be gathering documents and preparing I 134.

Thank and happy holidays everyone!

K-1 Visa

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate: Mumbai, India

Met at University in UK: 2010

Engaged in India: 03/31/2014

I-129F Sent: 06/20/2014

NOA1: 06/25/2014

NOA2: 12/16/2014

NOA2 Hardcopy Received: 12/23/2014

Case Sent to NVC: 12/23/2014

NVC Case Number Assigned: 01/05/2015

Case Sent to Consulate: 01/08/2015

Case "Ready" at Consulate: 01/09/2015

Applied for PCC: 01/20/2015

PCC in hand: 02/23/2015

Medical: 01/23/2015

Completed DS-160 and paid visa fee: 02/20/2015

Interview: 03/13/2015 APPROVED :)--> Same day went into AP

Visa "issued" on CEAC webstie: 03/16/2015

:goofy: :goofy: Visa in hand! 03/18/2015 :goofy::goofy:

POE: 06/04/2015 :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

AOS Journey

06.11.2015- City Hall Wedding

06.29.2015- Mailed AOS Package

07.01.2015 - Package Delivered at Chicago Lockbox

07.02.2015- Date Received as per USCIS

07.09.2015- NOA1 for EAD/AP

07.24.2015- RFE :ranting:

08.13.2015- USCIS accepted RFE response

09.08.2015- EAD received

Waiting for the interview :clock:

12.19.2015 WE GOT THE GREEN CARD IN THE MAIL!!!!! No interview :)

ROC

10.25.2017 ROC packet received by VT Service Center

11.02.2017- Received NOA dated 10.26.2017

11.29.17- Completed Biometrics

Waiting for the interview :clock:

Timeline

Some good news here.

I am trying to call NVC, however when on hold on the 2nd minute its disconnecting,,,, anyone facing the same situation today?

Yeah, I had a few dropped calls the last couple of weeks but I figured it was just my crappy internet service.

how long did this step take you? I called my senators office and they said once I fax over the immigration request form it usually takes case workers 2 weeks to review it and another 6-8 weeks for them to hear back from the uscis.

I called and faxed on a Wednesday by the next week USCIS had supposedly sent the cast.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.