Tegs&Lols

N-400 March 2024 Filers

182 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, D. Sala said:

Hi guys! Joining the party 🥳 we submit the online application today and it updated to case received and receipt notice sent plus receipt number. Hopefully everything flows smooth! Good luck to all!

Btw it just updated to Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS and they will reuse my biometrics, so excited!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Croatia
Timeline
On 3/12/2024 at 11:08 AM, stech786 said:

How come I didn’t get reuse letter

No one knows, they're inconsistent. There's no real explanation. You might have to redo your biometrics, or they might send a reuse letter in a couple of days 

FYI it has no impact on the outcome of your case. 

Edited by minivatreni
  • Arrived to USA on F-1 Student Visa on 08/16/2016
  • Submitted I-485 & I-130 on 09/25/2017
  • Approved Green Card (IR7 category) on 05/17/2019
  • Electronically submitted N-400 on 02/19/2024
  • Biometrics Reuse received on 02/19/2024
  • Interview Notice received on 04/21/2024 (interview scheduled for 06/10/2024 at Chicago FO)

7 hours ago, minivatreni said:

No one knows, they're inconsistent. There's no real explanation. You might have to redo your biometrics, or they might send a reuse letter in a couple of days 

FYI it has no impact on the outcome of your case. 

I already got biometrics scheduled Almost same day. It’s for next 1.5 wks

Timeline

Hi everyone, Happy Monday!

Does anyone know if they will continue working on the I-751 application if N-400 is submitted? I recently lost my expired Green Card after a trip to Germany and received an I-551 Stamp. However, the airline I flew with (Delta in Cancun, Mexico), was unfamiliar with those stamps and had to contact immigration, which caused me almost to miss my flight. I assume they will probably work on it all at once now that my local field office has my case, but I figured I could ask anyway.

59 minutes ago, GerLA said:

Hi everyone, Happy Monday!

Does anyone know if they will continue working on the I-751 application if N-400 is submitted? I recently lost my expired Green Card after a trip to Germany and received an I-551 Stamp. However, the airline I flew with (Delta in Cancun, Mexico), was unfamiliar with those stamps and had to contact immigration, which caused me almost to miss my flight. I assume they will probably work on it all at once now that my local field office has my case, but I figured I could ask anyway.

It's possible that you'll never receive a 10 year GC and you'll be naturalized before that. Once you submit N-400, I-751 will still be worked on in the background. It's just very low priority for USCIS.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Filed late in the evening on March 3rd, but it was counted as being submitted and received March 4th. USCIS website started with an initial average review time of 8 months but it quickly dropped to 6 months. Here's hoping things can be done by the end of summer :)

Good luck to everyone filing!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi everyone, Happy Tuesday!

I just crossed my 90 day eligibility and planning on submitting the application online by this weekend. I have a pending i-751 from last year and filing N-400 under 3yr rule. I'm providing required docs (green card, marriage certificate, wife's birth certificate). I submitted joint tax returns from 2020 and 2021 as part of my i751. We haven't filed taxes for 2023 yet, should I only include tax transcript from 2022 as additional evidence or 2020-2022? Submit Extension letter? Anything else I should include? 

Kinda nervous about this last step. After dealing with USCIS for over 14 years, I think I might have PTSD 😅 and only submitting 3-4 documents seem too low. 

Thank you and good luck to everyone filing!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Croatia
Timeline
9 hours ago, Simply Canadian said:

Filed late in the evening on March 3rd, but it was counted as being submitted and received March 4th. USCIS website started with an initial average review time of 8 months but it quickly dropped to 6 months. Here's hoping things can be done by the end of summer :)

Good luck to everyone filing!

Same for me. I applied on February 19 but it was at like 10pm so it registered it on February 20

• Arrived to USA on F-1 Student Visa on 08/16/2016
  • Submitted I-485 & I-130 on 09/25/2017
  • Approved Green Card (IR7 category) on 05/17/2019
  • Electronically submitted N-400 on 02/19/2024
  • Biometrics Reuse received on 02/19/2024
  • Interview Notice received on 04/21/2024 (interview scheduled for 06/10/2024 at Chicago FO)

I have a problem,if somebody is able to help me. Currently filling N-400 under 3 year rule. They are asking me about my travels in the last five years,which is a bit confusing since I came to the states only 3 years ago,and the time before that I spent in my country. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, kupusar87 said:

I have a problem,if somebody is able to help me. Currently filling N-400 under 3 year rule. They are asking me about my travels in the last five years,which is a bit confusing since I came to the states only 3 years ago,and the time before that I spent in my country. 

If filing under the 3 year rule, you provide for the last 3 years...since the time you became a Green Card holder.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

On 3/11/2024 at 1:12 PM, OldUser said:

Only list trips since he became LPR

Thank you. We are filling it out and went to Japan, Vietnam and Thailand, Asia in December. Should we break out each country by dates or can we say we went from X to Y, these countries included? @OldUser

Edited by Caitlin Kennedy

11 minutes ago, Caitlin Kennedy said:

Thank you. We are filling it out and went to Japan, Vietnam and Thailand, Asia in December. Should we break out each country by dates or can we say we went from X to Y, these countries included? @OldUser

If it was one one trip (e.g. no returns to US in between), you can probably group them into one trip. Only list countries you actually entered (e.g. went through immigration). If you went through connecting flight without leaving terminal and going through immigration control, then don't list that country.

Edited by OldUser

Hi Everyone! 
I filed N400 online on 03/07, only a month before my 3 year GC anniversary!

immediately after received biometrics reuse letter and within a week by mail!

San Jose filed office CA 

case dropped from 7 to 5 months!!!

so excited about it! I can see people getting interview letter even before 3 months!

started to take clases for the civic exam and their were saying that people are getting it between 2 or 3 months!!

good luck to all of us!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.