Tegs&Lols

N-400 March 2024 Filers

222 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, C&N said:

Hello! I'm applying online for N400 under 3 year rule, and I'm wondering how many bank statements and utility bills are needed? One for every month for the last three years, or less? Thank you!

Enough not to get an RFE. You can do either monthly or quarterly. Do not submit partial statements either.

14 hours ago, Tethamet said:

My bank only allowed me to get last 18mos of statements, I ended up combining them into one document and submitted that. I didn’t submit any utility bills 

It's a good idea to always download the statements as they become available and not rely on bank's archives.

Timeline
12 minutes ago, OldUser said:

Enough not to get an RFE. You can do either monthly or quarterly. Do not submit partial statements either.

I only submitted the front page, where they can see how much money went in and out of the account (and of course our names and address). Starting 2020 - 2024. I submitted four for each year and two for 2024!

Edited by GerLA

27 minutes ago, GerLA said:

I only submitted the front page, where they can see how much money went in and out of the account (and of course our names and address). Starting 2020 - 2024. I submitted four for each year and two for 2024!

I hope you don't receive an RFE. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, OldUser said:

I hope you don't receive an RFE. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Fingers crossed, but we submitted so much other evidence that I doubt it! I also remember submitting only the front pages of our bank statements during AOS filing, and never had any issues with that. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Croatia
Timeline
6 hours ago, WWK said:

I just chatted with Emma live chat agent. He said "On 3/19/2024, your were placed in line to get an interview date set at FO". Does anyone know how long will be in line?

Nobody knows that, every case is different. However, you can check your case status online. Emma cannot tell you anything more than what you can see online. 

• Arrived to USA on F-1 Student Visa on 08/16/2016
  • Submitted I-485 & I-130 on 09/25/2017
  • Approved Green Card (IR7 category) on 05/17/2019
  • Electronically submitted N-400 on 02/19/2024
  • Biometrics Reuse received on 02/19/2024
  • Interview Notice received on 04/21/2024 (interview scheduled for 06/10/2024 at Chicago FO)

32 minutes ago, stech786 said:

Got interview letter too. Applied 03/07, biometrics 03/26, interview next month!!

I didn’t submit my taxes. Will taking at interview delay my case?

Impossible to tell. Some bring tax return transcripts to the interview and get approved on same day, others not. Why didn't you submit taxes? It's pretty easy to attach and there's no downsides of front loading application. 

Edited by OldUser

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Submitted N-400 on 03/30/2024. Eligibility based on 5+ years as Permanent Resident. 

Received notification of Reuse of Biometrics right away.

Detroit, MI

• Entered USA in 2010 with F-1 Visa
  • Married 2012
  • Green Card 02/06/2014
  • Conditions Lifted 08/11/2016
  • N-400 application 03/30/2024. Biometrics Reuse.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi, I submitted N-400 on 03/18/24 and received my biometrics interview appointment the same day for 04/05/24. Will see how long the process takes...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Filed 3/29 before the fees go up. Biometrics reuse notification was immediate. We watched a mock interview on YouTube and my wife is worried about it now. She's very soft spoken and intimidated by official situations like this. She's studying for the civics test, and she will make sure she remembers and understands completely all the questions on the form. Her English is good, so that's not a problem. We are almost to the end of this long process from K-1 and K-2 to citizens!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 3/28/2024 at 10:18 PM, OldUser said:

Impossible to tell. Some bring tax return transcripts to the interview and get approved on same day, others not. Why didn't you submit taxes? It's pretty easy to attach and there's no downsides of front loading application. 

You can print out your tax transcripts easily on the IRS website. I have heard that they prefer transcripts since they are officially from the IRS.

On 3/6/2024 at 11:05 AM, nere0331 said:

Hello everyone! My husband just mailed his application.  We are located in Houston, Texas.  He adjusted status 10 years ago in April through an immigration judge.  We used the same attorney he used for his removal proceedings.  Kind of nervous but hopefully everything goes well for him.  He does have 2 criminal charges.  DWI from 2000, he left and reentered inspected late 2000, and a possession of marijuana charge from 2011.  That last one put him in removal proceedings, but he adjusted status like I mentioned through the court in April of 2014.  He received a 10 year green card since we had been married for more than 2 years when that happened. Sent all the tax records and documents.  He speaks and reads good English and is studying hard for the civics test and going over his application.  

Got a reuse biometrics notice 3/11, which was surprising to me at least. His biometrics are from 10 years ago. Estimated processing time says 6 months. We are in Houston. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.