Tegs&Lols

N-400 March 2024 Filers

387 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
12 hours ago, MunnoTheCat said:

Try "USCIS civis test study tools" one from USCIS dept of homeland security. Don't try to memorize the answers as you will get nervous again and will eventually be lost in a thin air. Your problem is not English but when the IO looks at you and ask the question you try to shake your head for the answers because you have a tendency to get nervous. Don't do that. Go through all the questions as it is a story to you. Who's the president and his cabinet, and congress, senate. US flag has a name "star spangled banner" like everyone else has one. constitution is all about laws and no one is above the law. There are 27 bill of rights which is also called 27 amendments. 1776 declaration of independence written by Thomas Jefferson (don't forget this name as he is one of the founding fathers). Exactly eleven years later meaning in 1787, constitution was written by founding fathers. When we say who's the father of our country, that's George Washington, so if he's the father, he had to be the first president and matter of fact he was. Do you see the pattern here. now go ahead download the app and have fun. I am sure you will ace the civic test this time. By the way, IO only asks 5 questions the max and don't feel you are ready, you got to be ready 100% Good luck!!!!!

This is a great way to do it! But there is only one Bill of Rights and it comprises the first 10 amendments to the constitutions, and the IO will likely ask at least 6 questions ; )

Naturalization

4/30/2024 Eligible to file for Naturalization

5/18/2024 Filed N-400 online, biometrics reused

5/20/2024 Case is being actively reviewed

Removal of Conditions

4/30/2023   Eligible to file for ROC

5/1/2023     Sent ROC package via USPS

5/4/2023     Package delivered to Phoenix, AZ lockbox

5/9/2023     Received text message confirming receipt, case #IOE....

5/10/2023   Check was cashed

5/11/2023   Case is being actively reviewed

5/15/2023   NOA received in the mail, biometrics reused

Marriage-Based AOS

3/3/2021   Sent application package to Chicago Lockbox

5/25/2021 Biometrics Appointment

7/29/2021 Interview date (Approved on the spot)

8/11/2021 Received Green Card in the mail

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
21 hours ago, MunnoTheCat said:

Try "USCIS civis test study tools" one from USCIS dept of homeland security. Don't try to memorize the answers as you will get nervous again and will eventually be lost in a thin air. Your problem is not English but when the IO looks at you and ask the question you try to shake your head for the answers because you have a tendency to get nervous. Don't do that. Go through all the questions as it is a story to you. Who's the president and his cabinet, and congress, senate. US flag has a name "star spangled banner" like everyone else has one. constitution is all about laws and no one is above the law. There are 27 bill of rights which is also called 27 amendments. 1776 declaration of independence written by Thomas Jefferson (don't forget this name as he is one of the founding fathers). Exactly eleven years later meaning in 1787, constitution was written by founding fathers. When we say who's the father of our country, that's George Washington, so if he's the father, he had to be the first president and matter of fact he was. Do you see the pattern here. now go ahead download the app and have fun. I am sure you will ace the civic test this time. By the way, IO only asks 5 questions the max and don't feel you are ready, you got to be ready 100% Good luck!!!!!

This should be called civics test Made Simple....Kudos🙌

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi

1. Will there be any issues to travel international before interview? My case is still processing, no interview date yet

2. Anyone used Air Canada airlines with 10 year (unexpired) GC or did you get Transit visa? For context, I have Indian passport. last time Air Canada airlines refused to board me with expired (2 year) GC and extension letter

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Croatia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Nive86 said:

Hi

1. Will there be any issues to travel international before interview? My case is still processing, no interview date yet

2. Anyone used Air Canada airlines with 10 year (unexpired) GC or did you get Transit visa? For context, I have Indian passport. last time Air Canada airlines refused to board me with expired (2 year) GC and extension letter

Lawful permanent residents of the United States, or Green Card holders, are visa-exempt regardless of their country of citizenship. Additionally, you can travel internationally before the interview if you wish. 

• Arrived to USA on F-1 Student Visa on 08/16/2016
  • Submitted I-485 & I-130 on 09/25/2017
  • Approved Green Card (IR7 category) on 05/17/2019
  • Electronically submitted N-400 on 02/19/2024
  • Biometrics Reuse received on 02/19/2024
  • Interview Notice received on 04/21/2024 (interview scheduled for 06/10/2024 at Chicago FO)

20 hours ago, Nive86 said:

Hi

Where were you going and where were you transiting?

US LPRs can visit and transit through Canada without visa. But if destination required visa for Indian citizens and didn't give any entry to US LPRs then yes, no way without visa.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Simply Canadian said:

Man, I'm seeing all these updates, and here I am sitting in the same "Actively Reviewing Your Case" status since filing online back on 3/4.

Same here. Just waiting for this status to change.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline
4 minutes ago, crm2822 said:

I filed on 3/13 in Seattle FO and also still waiting. Your green card was marriage based or employment based?

Employment based! Wbu? Fingers crossed that we'll get an update soon! 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Croatia
Timeline
2 hours ago, FROWNcat said:

Got an email saying action was taken on my case but no updates on my account and my interview is coming up quick 🙃

That means that they were opening your file just to review it before the interview

• Arrived to USA on F-1 Student Visa on 08/16/2016
  • Submitted I-485 & I-130 on 09/25/2017
  • Approved Green Card (IR7 category) on 05/17/2019
  • Electronically submitted N-400 on 02/19/2024
  • Biometrics Reuse received on 02/19/2024
  • Interview Notice received on 04/21/2024 (interview scheduled for 06/10/2024 at Chicago FO)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.