JaredShadkin

February 2024 - AOS Filers

145 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
8 minutes ago, KittySot said:

Yes, we live in Dallas, but sent the package to Arizona. It's been over 30 days since they received the package and we haven't heard anything 

Expect that to delay your case another month or more.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 3/2/2024 at 7:27 AM, madmanmike said:

We had the same thing. Our biometrics appt letter arrived the afternoon of the 28th. Letter said appt was for 10am on the 28th. Good job govt! Called the number on the letter to reschedule. Still awaiting an email with new appt. 

Letters were dated 20 Feb. took 8 days to get to us. 🤷‍♂️ 

We received our official notices in the mail today. Biometrics appointment set for 3.18.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi all, can you apply for just I-765 and leave the two or do the I-485 and I-765 and leave the one??

Thanks 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, M and Mike said:

Hi all, can you apply for just I-765 and leave the two or do the I-485 and I-765 and leave the one??

Thanks 

In order to file for Adjustment of Status, you must file I-485. While I-765 (Employment Authorization) and I-131 (Travel Document) are optional, it is a good idea to file for them, especially as they are included within the AOS pricing until April 1, 2024.  

After April 1, 2024, each document will incur its own filing fee, and combined will increase more or less by 100% from the current ~$1300 to +$2600. 

Edited by JaredShadkin

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
9 minutes ago, SP1988 said:

We did biometrics yesterday. Anybody know usually what happens next other than a waiting game?

Nothing else to be done. The next step will arrive by mail (visible also online if you added the case to your account) and will hopefully be an easy approval. 

Best to forget about the process and be surprised when the letter comes, instead of checking everyday which just adds frustration. 

2 hours ago, JaredShadkin said:

Nothing else to be done. The next step will arrive by mail (visible also online if you added the case to your account) and will hopefully be an easy approval. 

Best to forget about the process and be surprised when the letter comes, instead of checking everyday which just adds frustration. 

On one hand I agree with not being obsessed with the process. On the other hand, I heard quite a few stories when people missed on their case development leading to issues due to not checking their status etc. E.g. when USCIS sends interview notice but it never arrives in the mail, but online status updated etc. I'd encourage to check status 2-3 times a week.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
3 hours ago, JaredShadkin said:

In order to file for Adjustment of Status, you must file I-485. While I-765 (Employment Authorization) and I-131 (Travel Document) are optional, it is a good idea to file for them, especially as they are included within the AOS pricing until April 1, 2024.  

After April 1, 2024, each document will incur its own filing fee, and combined will increase more or less by 100% from the current ~$1300 to +$2600. 

I was confuses also after sending it. Thank you for your update. I'm on my way will join you guys on the waiting frustration.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
On 2/17/2024 at 1:57 PM, GPJB said:

Hi all Feb filers!

Here’s our timeline so far:

Submitted 2nd Feb

Delivered 7th Feb

NOA1 7th Feb

Case number received 12th Feb

Case changed to biometrics scheduled 13th Feb

Biometrics appointment 8th Mar (obtained via Emma)

Still waiting to get the NOA1 and access codes via mail.

How was your biometrics appointment?

✈️ Certified Travel Professional / Owner of two travel companies (Greece & USA) - Contact me for any travel related questions or Join my Travel Hub Info Group

March 2020 - Met / Started dating LDR

October 2020 - Met in person

December 2020 - Decided to get engaged/married
May 2021 - K1 filed

December 2021 - Travelled to the states on ESTA

June 2022 - K1 approval

September 2022 - NVC case number

October 2022 - Case sent to the embassy

November 2022 - Postponed interview for 1 year - Couldn't leave country yet due to work obligations

November 2022 - Travelled to the states on ESTA - 2nd time

September 2023 - Resumed case / took medical

October 2023 - Embessy interview - Approved

December 2023 - Arrived at the states

February 2024 - Married

March 2024 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

March 2024 - Biometrics 

May 2024 - EAD - AP Combo Card Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
On 3/9/2024 at 7:39 PM, Etherial said:

How was your biometrics appointment?

It went very well. I showed up 30mins early and they let me in. I brought the biometrics appointment notice (filled in the 2nd page at home), my passport, and the marriage certificate. They let my husband in with me to wait until I got called. Had my photo and all my fingerprints taken. I was in and out in no more than 10mins. Case status immediately changed to being actively reviewed.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
21 hours ago, GPJB said:

It went very well. I showed up 30mins early and they let me in. I brought the biometrics appointment notice (filled in the 2nd page at home), my passport, and the marriage certificate. They let my husband in with me to wait until I got called. Had my photo and all my fingerprints taken. I was in and out in no more than 10mins. Case status immediately changed to being actively reviewed.

Does the marriage certificate need to be a certified copy or normal copy is fine?

✈️ Certified Travel Professional / Owner of two travel companies (Greece & USA) - Contact me for any travel related questions or Join my Travel Hub Info Group

March 2020 - Met / Started dating LDR

October 2020 - Met in person

December 2020 - Decided to get engaged/married
May 2021 - K1 filed

December 2021 - Travelled to the states on ESTA

June 2022 - K1 approval

September 2022 - NVC case number

October 2022 - Case sent to the embassy

November 2022 - Postponed interview for 1 year - Couldn't leave country yet due to work obligations

November 2022 - Travelled to the states on ESTA - 2nd time

September 2023 - Resumed case / took medical

October 2023 - Embessy interview - Approved

December 2023 - Arrived at the states

February 2024 - Married

March 2024 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

March 2024 - Biometrics 

May 2024 - EAD - AP Combo Card Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
38 minutes ago, Etherial said:

Does the marriage certificate need to be a certified copy or normal copy is fine?

I brought the original with me, they had a look at it, filled in my information on a separate sheet, and then gave it back to me.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Biometrics went well yesterday. In and out in less than 15 minutes. Friendliest and most efficient government office I have ever been in :lol:. I guess now we just wait for some sort of letter in the mail?

Also, when I check my case status on the USCIS site, it shows the biometrics step as "complete" for the I-485 and the EAD, but not the AP. Does it just take time to update in the system? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.