cdnvato

Who Else is Waiting? Removal of Conditions, i-751

33 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, mindthegap said:

May 2015.....

Quite....

Not a competition I really want to win, or frankly even entered into...but yes, it is somewhat ridiculous at almost 9 years at this point. Admittedly that is three filings, but that just adds to the sheer ridiculousness of the situation. 

We really ought to throw a big party once you get approved. Whew 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We are well over two years at this point.  I have to look and see when, but I fear we are going to hit the end of the extension letter.  
(That extension letter by the way is often rejected at foreign ports of entry, they should have sent us an updated card)

Frustrating.

2 hours ago, EllisAndRenz said:

We are well over two years at this point.  I have to look and see when, but I fear we are going to hit the end of the extension letter.  
(That extension letter by the way is often rejected at foreign ports of entry, they should have sent us an updated card)

Frustrating.

Sorry to hear about that. What ports denied I-797? Please share your experience for others to be aware. I personally never had big issues with extension letter.  Wishing you happy holidays and a speedy approval!

we are January of 2022 so we're about it 23 months now approaching 2 years here very shortly.  we have not applied for n400 like others so I guess that's maybe why we are waiting longer. it definitely seems like if you apply for citizenship for some reason that knocks lose your i-751 and speeds things up.  we are at Potomac service center to where the current processing times are 31 months. on the positive side we only have seven more months to go I guess if 80% of cases are adjudicated within 31 months. haha!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 12/24/2023 at 8:46 PM, OldUser said:

Sorry to hear about that. What ports denied I-797? Please share your experience for others to be aware. I personally never had big issues with extension letter.  Wishing you happy holidays and a speedy approval!

Republic of Korea (Inchon).  They specifically said they wouldn't take the extension letter if the date on the card was expired.  The embassy subsequently told me that was incorrect, but that really doesn't help.

(I just made another post about that ..)

13 hours ago, EllisAndRenz said:

Republic of Korea (Inchon).  They specifically said they wouldn't take the extension letter if the date on the card was expired.  The embassy subsequently told me that was incorrect, but that really doesn't help.

(I just made another post about that ..)

This is incredibly frustrating. Who ever thought that it was a good idea to deputize airline employees as U.S. immigration officials? I have upcoming international travel in a couple of months and will be traveling with the expired GC and i-797 extension. I hope I don't run into issues, and if I do that I would be able to argue successfully (since the letter LITERALLY says that it extends the applicant's ability to work and travel).

5 minutes ago, 854Turbo said:

This is incredibly frustrating. Who ever thought that it was a good idea to deputize airline employees as U.S. immigration officials? I have upcoming international travel in a couple of months and will be traveling with the expired GC and i-797 extension. I hope I don't run into issues, and if I do that I would be able to argue successfully (since the letter LITERALLY says that it extends the applicant's ability to work and travel).

Print the Carrier Information Guide to show to airline staff if they're confused. Also, always call for manager, many of them are trained better than others on their team. 

Airlines pay a lot of $$$$ if they make a mistake boarding somebody who's not eligible to enter the US. That's why they sometimes erroneously deny people not to take a risk of financial loss.

4 hours ago, OldUser said:

Print the Carrier Information Guide to show to airline staff if they're confused. Also, always call for manager, many of them are trained better than others on their team. 

Airlines pay a lot of $$$$ if they make a mistake boarding somebody who's not eligible to enter the US. That's why they sometimes erroneously deny people not to take a risk of financial loss.

Well...save a PDF of it on your phone. Who wants to walk around with 90+ pages printed ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 1/7/2024 at 12:05 PM, 854Turbo said:

My wife's letter stated the same.  It didn't matter to the ROK officials at Inchon who wouldn't give the green light for the airline to allow us to board.   Hard to argue when you can't even get to the same country to see the official.  

Timeline
On 1/7/2024 at 12:14 PM, OldUser said:

The problem was they called immigration in South Korea who wouldn't approve boarding with the letter.  I already had the manager involved at the airline.  

It cost me a lot of money ...  I wish I could have avoided it.  

On 1/16/2024 at 10:09 PM, EllisAndRenz said:

The problem was they called immigration in South Korea who wouldn't approve boarding with the letter.  I already had the manager involved at the airline.  

It cost me a lot of money ...  I wish I could have avoided it.  

Do you mind sharing which airline you ended up going with? How did you leave Korea? My wife and I are planning a trip in June to the Philippines. Most of the flights end up going through Korea. We're really worried we'll get stuck somewhere because of the extension letter. Seems to be less flights going through Japan nowadays though so I may be stuck. 

14 hours ago, ksh9256 said:

Do you mind sharing which airline you ended up going with? How did you leave Korea? My wife and I are planning a trip in June to the Philippines. Most of the flights end up going through Korea. We're really worried we'll get stuck somewhere because of the extension letter. Seems to be less flights going through Japan nowadays though so I may be stuck. 

Just a thought, but my wife and I went to the philippines last yr., and we went philippine airlines.  We took delta to LA, and then philippine airlines direct to manila.  I believe united airlines has nonstop from san francisco to manila now as well.  So there are ways to avoid landing in other countries if you want.  My wife had zero issues with her 4 yr. extension letter.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.