Jotter

RFE for I-129F, says there is no evidence of us meeting (Merged Topics)

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

We submitted the I-129F in December 2022 and just received an RFE. It says the submitted evidence do not establish each other's physical presence. It does say "as evidence to support the two year personal meeting requirement, you submitted booking details, text messages, boarding pass, pictures and intent to marry letters", yet it also says there is no evidence that we have met in the past 2 years....we did submit entry stamps from the passport but since they didn't mention them, I'm thinking they might have gotten lost or maybe we forgot to attach them.

It also says "Your form I-129F is missing page 5, 6, 7 and 8. Complete all items on the form as per USCIS requirements and attached copy of the petition and include your signature and date. If any item does not apply, write "N/A" even though we did submit those pages.

1. What more could we submit as proof of meeting? We did describe our meetings but perhaps we need to be even more detailed?
2. Do we resubmit the whole application or do we just resubmit these missing pages and the requested evidence?

Grateful for any kind of advice 🙏🏻

Edited by Crazy Cat

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

What was date of the last visit?  What was the date the I-129f was sent?  Dated Boarding passes, passport stamps, dated bookings receipts showing both names should be adequate.  It sounds like the form wasn't filled in correctly.  

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Crazy Cat said:

What was date of the last visit?  What was the date the I-129f was sent?  Dated Boarding passes, passport stamps, dated bookings receipts showing both names should be adequate.  It sounds like the form wasn't filled in correctly.  

The I-129f was sent in December 2022 and the last visit prior to that was in August 2022. You're probably right in that the form wasn’t filled in correctly. Do you think we need to send the entire application again or just the missing pages?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Jotter said:

Do you think we need to send the entire application again or just the missing pages?

Personally, I would send in a complete form.  I just don't like sending partial forms.  Others, here, might disagree.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
18 minutes ago, IWander said:

Booking details, text messages, pictures and a letter of intent do NOT show you met face to face within the previous two years

True, those were used more as evidence of a relationship rather than a visit. Do you know what else we could use to prove that we have met multiple times within the previous two years, besides boarding pass & entry stamps?

Timeline
Just now, Jotter said:

besides boarding pass & entry stamps?

Those are valid evidence. @IWander is an expert when it comes to I-129f evidence. 

1 hour ago, Jotter said:

True, those were used more as evidence of a relationship rather than a visit. Do you know what else we could use to prove that we have met multiple times within the previous two years, besides boarding pass & entry stamps?

Evidence of a relationship is not a requirement for petition approval.  It would appear that you provided evidence of something not required to be accomplished.  This may have been enough noise to cause the adjudicator to miss the other stuff you provided.

You need to find evidence of you being in country.  Other than boarding passes and entry stamps do you have anything that you can tie back to your name such as credit card usage, hotel receipts, ATM withdrawals?  You have to put your thinking hat on.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
4 hours ago, Crazy Cat said:

Personally, I would send in a complete form.  I just don't like sending partial forms.  Others, here, might disagree.

If a form has 10 Pages, you send back 10 Pages. Filled or unfilled.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

It seems to me like what you sent was treated as Evidence of Relationship rather than Evidence of Meeting. 

Below is evidence of meeting I suggest you submit: 

1. A picture(s) of you two at a restaurant(s) or store(s)+ receipt(s) of purchase from there. Don't forget to write name of store/restaurant, location and date at the back of pictures. 

2. Resubmit the entry and exit stamps on your partner's passport coupled with the boarding passes from the US and Sweeden. 

3. Receipt of hotel lodging showing dates your partner was in your country, it doesn't matter if it's in either or both of y'alls name. 

4. If your partner used their card over there, let them log in to their bank app, open the transaction(s) and take screenshot(s) that shows the narration of the purchases. You don't need bank statements for that. 

5. If you have pictures taken with friends or family, pictures you took at just random or specific places, include them and write the narration at the back of each picture. Don't forget to include date, too. 

That should do it. Also, I suggest you fill out another I129F form, include all pages whether or not you filled out all the pages. VERY IMPORTANT: Don't forget to sign by hand. 

Good luck. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, IWander said:

Evidence of a relationship is not a requirement for petition approval.  It would appear that you provided evidence of something not required to be accomplished.  This may have been enough noise to cause the adjudicator to miss the other stuff you provided.

You need to find evidence of you being in country.  Other than boarding passes and entry stamps do you have anything that you can tie back to your name such as credit card usage, hotel receipts, ATM withdrawals?  You have to put your thinking hat on.

That makes a lot of sense actually.

Unfortunately I don't use my debit card when I visit since my bank charges me for every purchase, so instead I just transfer some money to my partner before the trip and then she uses her card for everything. I did book two tickets for us to visit a garden, I have the tickets and a bank statement + pictures of us in this garden. Could that be something to include? It's not necessarily proof though

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Oko Vicki said:

It seems to me like what you sent was treated as Evidence of Relationship rather than Evidence of Meeting. 

Below is evidence of meeting I suggest you submit: 

1. A picture(s) of you two at a restaurant(s) or store(s)+ receipt(s) of purchase from there. Don't forget to write name of store/restaurant, location and date at the back of pictures. 

2. Resubmit the entry and exit stamps on your partner's passport coupled with the boarding passes from the US and Sweeden. 

3. Receipt of hotel lodging showing dates your partner was in your country, it doesn't matter if it's in either or both of y'alls name. 

4. If your partner used their card over there, let them log in to their bank app, open the transaction(s) and take screenshot(s) that shows the narration of the purchases. You don't need bank statements for that. 

5. If you have pictures taken with friends or family, pictures you took at just random or specific places, include them and write the narration at the back of each picture. Don't forget to include date, too. 

That should do it. Also, I suggest you fill out another I129F form, include all pages whether or not you filled out all the pages. VERY IMPORTANT: Don't forget to sign by hand. 

Good luck. 

Thanks for this reply! We already included all of these (minus nr 4 since we don't typically use our own cards when visiting each other). But perhaps we need to include a few more receipts and more photos of us with family members/friends. That's really all I can think of

1 hour ago, Jotter said:

Thanks for this reply! We already included all of these (minus nr 4 since we don't typically use our own cards when visiting each other). But perhaps we need to include a few more receipts and more photos of us with family members/friends. That's really all I can think of

It is all about quality not quantity.  Pictures may indicate that you have met but unfortunately it doesn't indicate when.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 11/26/2023 at 7:40 AM, IWander said:

Booking details, text messages, pictures and a letter of intent do NOT show you met face to face within the previous two years

How else do you show that you’ve met face to face? These are all the things that we submitted as well. 🙂 

16 hours ago, blakemoralescruz said:

How else do you show that you’ve met face to face? These are all the things that we submitted as well. 🙂 

Booking details are not evidence that travel occurred.   People book trips and then don’t go.  Dates on pics cannot usually be independently verified (i e, you can write whatever), and the letter of intent confirms intent to marry and has nothing to do with the meeting requirement.

Boarding passes and passport stamps are good.   For countries that no longer  routinely do passport stamps, you can request one, or request an electronic record of admission.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.