Structure

I-751 interview didn’t go well and case status became interview was completed but my case must be reviewed

37 posts in this topic

Today I went to my interview for I-751 and has a young officer asked a lot of detailed questions like what did you husband wear last night and what breakfast did he eat? I answered wrong as I didn’t prepare for this type of detailed questions.

I was separated from my husband and was asked first and then my husband was the second to answer but there are a few questions we answered differently.

and the officer said in 2020 bank statement there was only 8 dollars deposit to the account that it shouldn’t be as my husband uses that card for groceries all the time.

anyway the case now became the interview is completed but the case must be reviewed.

I don’t think my case will be denied but will I need a second interview? What should I do please? In case it gets denied I can still remain in us and appeal? How does it work please?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Obviously they will look at the totality of the situation and we have vague snippets.

Assuming you do have another interview best to go with a lawyer and an explanation of why you answered questions differently.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Structure said:

I answered wrong

1. Did you guess or did you answer as did because you thought they were the correct answers?

2. What evidence did you submit the shows you live in the same dwelling as your spouse?

9 minutes ago, Structure said:

will I need a second interview?

could be. You might also get a home visit.

What should I do please?

hire a lawyer

In case it gets denied I can still remain in us and appeal? How does it work please?

You can remain in the U.S. until a final order of removal from an immigration judge. You can also file another I-751 before your final removal. Your lawyer will advise you.

6 minutes ago, Mike E said:

1. Did you guess or did you answer as did because you thought they were the correct answers?

2. What evidence did you submit the shows you live in the same dwelling as your spouse?

hire a lawyer

You can remain in the U.S. until a final order of removal from an immigration judge. You can also file another I-751 before your final removal. Your lawyer will advise you.

I guessed and should’ve just said the truth that we don’t share the same room since Covid. 
I submitted the utility bills, insurance cards, phone bills, bank statements and letter from family. joint tax return and so on. 

Based on what you described, your case is headed to denial.

22 minutes ago, Structure said:

I don’t think my case will be denied 

^ This is very optimistic

24 minutes ago, Structure said:

What should I do please?

^ Find all evidence you have since start of marriage until today. Start looking for a lawyer.

26 minutes ago, Structure said:

In case it gets denied I can still remain in us and appeal? How does it work please?

You will have to file a new, strong I-751 before you put in removal proceedings. 

8 minutes ago, Mike E said:

hire a lawyer

The decision is not made yet so I can apply for citizenship maybe?

and what if I gets denial after they review? If so. Can I remain in US until I appeal on the court?

4 minutes ago, Structure said:

I guessed and should’ve just said the truth that we don’t share the same room since Covid. 
I submitted the utility bills, insurance cards, phone bills, bank statements and letter from family. joint tax return and so on. 

Just a room in the same single family home / apartment or do you live at different addresses? This doesn't look good.

Edited by OldUser

4 minutes ago, Structure said:

This is the worst idea ever... 

You should be fighting for your LPR status that you may lose.

Edited by OldUser

Timeline
1 minute ago, Structure said:

and what if I gets denial after they review? If so. Can I remain in US until I appeal on the court?

That raise the question if you will be eligible for 3 year filing rather than 5?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

1 minute ago, OldUser said:

Just a room in one house or do you live at different addresses? This doesn't look good.

We live in the same house but different rooms.

2 minutes ago, Boiler said:

That raise the question if you will be eligible for 3 year filing rather than 5?

I’m eligible to file applications for citizenship after three years of marriage 

Just now, Structure said:

Actually we already reached 5 years of marriage as of now. 

Timeline
Just now, Structure said:

Well the requirement is a bit more that that.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.