SAM JBI

Need Some advice and help

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi I need some information and help I am us citizen and my father he is here in us with me have have five year visa can I apply for him green card also do I need to submit for him I130 form or just I-485 only.

Can I apply I130 for my Nephew because in that form there is no option but they have something about child my nephew is like un 12 year old. 

I really appreciate for all advice and help.

Thank you so much

you can file complete AOS package for ur father. that means (i130 AND I-485) he cant travel out of the country unless he got approved i-131 ( which u should file along with i-765)

there's no path of GC for ur nephew from you.

Edited by Misscloud

*** Moved from What Visa Do I Need to AOS from Work/Student/Tourist Visas forum ***

17 minutes ago, SAM JBI said:

do I need to submit for him I130 form or just I-485 only

Need to submit I-130 & I-485 for your father.  The I-485 will be denied without an I-130.

No option for petitioning a nephew, no matter the age of your nephew.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I agree with the other two responses above.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

You can petition for your brother or sister.  Your nephew will be a derivative of your sibling.  It will take about 20 years.

• 7 months later...

Unanswered Duplicate thread removed. You have received solid answers here. Please post any further questions regarding this in this thread only.

VJ Moderation 

On 1/9/2024 at 2:21 PM, SAM JBI said:

I need some help I am us citizen and my dad have 5 year multiple visa he was here this year and went back after five year but know I am thinking to submit the application for him for green card but I am here that I don't have to apply for him I130 form since he have five year visa I just need to submit only I485 form can anyone please tell me what do I have to do I really appreciate it so much.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.