MamaBoyz

N-400 May 2023 Filers

295 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I haven't seen a thread for May 2023 Filers so here's one 🙃 I just filed today 5/3/2023. My status changed to Biometrics reused and case being actively looked at on the same date. Got an IOE number and case is in NBC. I live in Atlanta. Hope you're all doing well, WE ARE NEARLY DONE WITH THIS THING! 🤗

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Good luck.  I wish for, you all, a speedy N-400 interview and oath ceremony.  Soon, you will be completely free!!!

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello everyone, I filed online today 05/05 based on 5 years rule, CIS Office is in Charlotte NC. Wishing us a speedy and hassle-free N-400 journey. Hit me up if you are based in Charlotte NC - Thanks.

...do good and good will be done onto you...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Applied online 5/3 based on the 3yr rule.  I-751 pending.

N-400: Case actively being reviewed. 
I-751: Case transferred to another office. 

nothing in the mail yet.  It’s too early. 

Marriage based AoS from B2 Timeline:

9/16 - Packet mailed through UPS

9/17 - Packet delivered to Chicago lockbox

9/23 - Card charge pending ($535+$1225)

9/24 - Receipt letters mailed for all cases

9/24 - SMS received with Receipt numbers

9/28 - Received receipt notices in the mail

10/4 - Received biometrics appointment notice

10/17 - Biometrics appointment

11/7 - Case is Ready to be scheduled for an interview

12/14 - Interview has been Scheduled

12/19 - Interview notice received for 1/23

7 hours ago, gaboo9 said:

Applied online 5/3 based on the 3yr rule.  I-751 pending.

N-400: Case actively being reviewed. 
I-751: Case transferred to another office. 

nothing in the mail yet.  It’s too early. 

That is fantastic news, case got moved really quickly. I applied based on 5 years rule... I'm assuming your biometrics for reused. Some folks that applied in April already have their interview scheduled, it'll be interesting to see how quickly cases in May move

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
On 5/3/2023 at 4:02 PM, MamaBoyz said:

Hi everyone,

I haven't seen a thread for May 2023 Filers so here's one 🙃 I just filed today 5/3/2023. My status changed to Biometrics reused and case being actively looked at on the same date. Got an IOE number and case is in NBC. I live in Atlanta. Hope you're all doing well, WE ARE NEARLY DONE WITH THIS THING! 🤗

Joining the May filers- I'm preparing to apply next week! Old-school by mail😉

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Caligirl1 said:

Old-school by mail😉

Why mail vs online?  I'm not being critical.  I am curious.  My wife filed online, and it was a piece of cake.  All correspondence was immediately available on her account.  Her N-400 receipt and biometrics reuse letter were available within a few minutes of submitting the application.  In addition, payment is made online.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
1 minute ago, Crazy Cat said:

Why mail vs online?  I'm not being critical.  I am curious.  My wife filed online, and it was a piece of cake.  All correspondence was immediately available on her account.  Her N-400 receipt and biometrics reuse letter were available within a few minutes of submitting the application.  In addition, payment is made online.

I'm just not a computer geek🤣🤣and I already made all the copies and stuff🤷‍♀️so yeah, good old mail for the last time, hopefully 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Caligirl1 said:

I'm just not a computer geek🤣🤣and I already made all the copies and stuff🤷‍♀️so yeah, good old mail for the last time, hopefully 

Fair enough.  Good luck.  May you soon be rid of USCIS forever!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey guys,

I’m in San Francisco CA, I applied online on May 1 based on the 5 year rule. Next day I got an update that my biometrics would be reused and since then the case is being actively reviewed by USCISand the estimated time is 9 months. I really hope it will be faster than that I can’t wait for this to be over 😬

I'm aiming to submit next week based on the 3 yr rule pending I751. How hard/easy it is to do it online? How long does it take to complete? What documents are they asking for? I'm just now gathering info about the process since life became too hectic and really had no chance to update myself earlier. Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
1 hour ago, majamorena said:

I'm aiming to submit next week based on the 3 yr rule pending I751. How hard/easy it is to do it online? How long does it take to complete? What documents are they asking for? I'm just now gathering info about the process since life became too hectic and really had no chance to update myself earlier. Thanks!

It's easy, but it takes time. You can start right now and save your draft to be sent in at a later date.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Got an update today 05/12 online - "Biometrics Appointment Was Scheduled". I didn't see the appointment notice in the Documents tab. I am guessing they will send it later. Also, the Estimated time until the case decision changed from 16 months to approx. 9 months. I know these are just estimates, hopefully, it doesn't take that long :)

...do good and good will be done onto you...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.