JojoandTomas

MAY 2023 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

1,017 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Roy an Panitta said:

i know its been posted here several times but i cant seem to find it anywhere..

So does anybody hav the email address for the NVC so i can see if they have recieved our K1 packet?

also its been 14days since our NOA2 about how many days should we give them before enquireing?

our interview embassy is in Thailand an im wondering if their is anybody else here on this thread that will be interviewing there? 

Put in a public inquiry:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html

In my opinion, it’s a little early to start putting in public inquiries. I waited 30 days before I started sending mine and then sent a new one after I received the answer which was typically that they have it and are waiting to input the data. It took around 90 days for us before  NVC sent it to our embassy.

Edited by Kalehua

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 9/27/2023 at 12:13 PM, Darko-Emily said:

@Bh_sarah Which questions were you asked and what documents did they need? Congrats by the way 🍻

Thank you!
I wrote a review with my questions, you can check it on my timeline.
In Brazil they request: passport, DS-160, passport picture, beneficiary birth certificate, police certificates (state, federal and international if applicable), medical exam/vaccine sheet, sworn statement (specific to Brazil, kinda like a intent to marry letter), I-134, US citizen passport copy and tax transcripts. No relationship proof was requested.

On 9/27/2023 at 9:15 AM, Shane-Debby said:

@Bh_sarahGood morning oracle. Did you get your visa yet?

It's issued! Waiting for it to be delivered next week.

February 2022 I-129F K1 Case Status Spreadsheet can be found here.
NVC Timelines spreadsheet can be found here.
NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

Timeline
On 9/27/2023 at 9:20 AM, ellentee415 said:

Thank you, Bh_Sarah! Congratulations to you too!!! What's next for you from here? My fiance already got their passport!!! My impatient self wishes my fiance was ready to come tomorrow hahaha But now it's just a matter of four weeks until my fiance gets here!! 😱😱 Wild to think that we are here already. 

Haha I have two weeks to go! Waiting for my passport to be delivered. Congratulations to you!!!

NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
16 hours ago, Aesop23 said:

Attempting to schedule interview in Mumbai and get this on all computers. Embassy doesn’t respond to anything. 

anyone else have this problem?

67B3E63A-986E-4DCD-8F41-B678C4B44094.jpeg

You are not alone. There are at least 12 other people who are getting the same. 
seems that no slots have been opened yet. 

Timeline

@Darko-Emily

I see you had your interview and was approved! Congratulations!
I have a friend whose Russian fiancé is interviewing in Belgrade. Any tips on what documents were required to show at the interview? Did you need to wait for P3, had to submit any documents beforehand?
You can DM me if you like as well. Thank you!

NOA1:

26 minutes ago, Bh_sarah said:

I have a friend whose Russian fiancé is interviewing in Belgrade.

Is the Russian beneficiary a resident of Serbia?  Many VJ members in the RUB regional forum are desperately looking for US consulates that may accept case transfer for their Russian beneficiaries, so your friend's case might be helpful to them.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Chancy said:

Is the Russian beneficiary a resident of Serbia?  Many VJ members in the RUB regional forum are desperately looking for US consulates that may accept case transfer for their Russian beneficiaries, so your friend's case might be helpful to them.

Yeah, the fiancé got a resident permit from Serbia, they're on NVC stage now and sent it to them requesting the case transfer. I think they're still waiting for the acceptance of the transfer/case number.

NOA1:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
14 hours ago, Aesop23 said:

Thanks for the info. Any idea how long it’s been like this? We just started checking Friday. Might as well start writing representatives again. 

Tends to take 2 weeks to find the appointment but also requires that you keep looking for appointments. 

We found our appointment just last night. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Ok.. its been exactly 30 days since my NOA2 an 3 days ago i made a public enquiry about the status of my petition...

i got this this email responce at 1204 this afternoon:

----------------

To Whom it Concerns:

You will be notified once this case is forwarded to the assigned US Embassy/Consulate General.

Abby | Inquiry Management

Department of State CA/VO/DO/NVC

LDRM | Lockwood Hills | Contractor

DOS - National Visa Center

IMPORTANT: Please do not respond to this email. For further communication with the NVC, please use the Public Inquiry Form on https://nvc.state.gov/inquiry.

-------------------

Then at 1330 as i was reading the above email i got this attachtchment to another email..

--------------------

XXXXXXXXXXXXX* K1-FTP

11-OCT-2023

Dear XXXXXXX XXXXXX

The National Visa Center (NVC) received your fiancé (e)’s/spouse’s approved I-129F petition from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). NVC will now forward the petition to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in Bangkok, Thailand. Please note that the transfer process can take several weeks. The U.S. Embassy or Consulate will contact your fiancé (e)/spouse when they are ready to process his or her petition.

Next steps:

Go to our website http://nvc.state.gov/k1 to learn how to apply for a K visa and prepare for the visa interview.

Please keep the following information for your records:

Case Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXX

USCIS Receipt Number XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Principal Applicant: XXXXXXX XXXXX

Petitioner: XXXXXX XXX XXXXXX

Interview Location: Bangkok, Thailand

Post Address:

U.S. Embassy

95 Wireless Road

Bangkok, 10330

Thailand

Thank you for your patience in the immigrant visa process.

Sincerely,

National Visa Center 

U.S. Department of State

-------------------------------

So now i think im hallucinating.. 

i do believe i got my notification that our I129F package is on its way to the US consulate Bangkok.. 

i hav a case number listed but i thought im supposed to get another ID number with this information or am i really confused...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Roy an Panitta said:

hav a case number listed but i thought im supposed to get another ID number with this information or am i really confused...

You might be thinking about an invoice number...which you will not receive.  Those are for immigrant cases only.  

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.