JojoandTomas

MAY 2023 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

1,017 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

So at this point iv got confirmation the the NVC. Has our K1/I129F package for processing an distribution. Iv got a case number an im awaiting a IIN an a BIN # that the NVC will send  after the forward our package to the Immigration consulate in Bangkok? Or as i read the the attachment the package is leaving the NVC for the consulate:

NVC will now forward the petition to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in Bangkok, Thailand. Please note that the transfer process can take several weeks. The U.S. Embassy or Consulate will contact your fiancé (e)/spouse when they are ready to process his or her petition."

as stated in this sentence... 

Timeline
36 minutes ago, Roy an Panitta said:

So at this point iv got confirmation the the NVC. Has our K1/I129F package for processing an distribution. Iv got a case number an im awaiting a IIN an a BIN # that the NVC will send  after the forward our package to the Immigration consulate in Bangkok? Or as i read the the attachment the package is leaving the NVC for the consulate:

NVC will now forward the petition to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in Bangkok, Thailand. Please note that the transfer process can take several weeks. The U.S. Embassy or Consulate will contact your fiancé (e)/spouse when they are ready to process his or her petition."

Now, you only have to wait until embassy contact applicant to schedule the interview. 

You can go ahead and submit DS160 though. 

Check your case status on below link : Case status

Timeline
21 hours ago, Saeid said:

Now, you only have to wait until embassy contact applicant to schedule the interview. 

You can go ahead and submit DS160 though. 

Check your case status on below link : Case status

I checked the status today hoping to see what it would say.. an it showed this.. not sure what that means.. status of READY.. 

IMG_1692.jpeg

Timeline
On 8/31/2023 at 9:20 AM, ellentee415 said:

Is anyone else experiencing issues with the I-134 form when filling it out digitally? Sometimes the boxes aren't fillable or I'll get an error code when trying to save. Should I just dust off my ink and quill? 🥲

There are some fields which I couldn't type into.  I did as much as I could on the computer, printed it out, and used pen on the remaining fields.

Timeline
On 10/11/2023 at 1:02 PM, Roy an Panitta said:

Hi Ray,

That email is your K1-FTP. Is has your Case number (starts with BNK) and your USCIS Receipt #.
  I don't know what an IIN or BIN # is.  I don't see that on any of my records.

Keep an eye on your email. I received the "K1 Visa Packet 3 & 4 Instructions" email a few hours after the K1-FTP email.    No packet was actually sent to me.  You can find them at https://th.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/packets/.   You only need to pay attention to "Fiancé(e) K Visa Information and Interview Instructions – previously known as Package 3 & 4"       

You can now get set up on the CEAC website, followed by the DS-160 and interview fee payment. Once that's done, you can start checking for open interview appointments.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Roy an Panitta said:

I checked the status today hoping to see what it would say.. an it showed this.. not sure what that means.. status of READY.. 

IMG_1692.jpeg

I didn't even look at that, until my lady's interview was done.   I believe READY is normal for the step you're at.  After the interview, it will hopefully change to APPROVED, and then ISSUED 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Roy an Panitta said:

IMG_1692.jpeg

I'm not sure about your embassy but, most of the embassy contact applicant to schedule the interview 4-5 days after "Ready" status. You can send an email to your embassy for the next step. After you submit DS160 and made your appointment, schedule medical exam and get ready for interview. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Stook said:

Hi Ray,

That email is your K1-FTP. Is has your Case number (starts with BNK) and your USCIS Receipt #.
  I don't know what an IIN or BIN # is.  I don't see that on any of my records.

Keep an eye on your email. I received the "K1 Visa Packet 3 & 4 Instructions" email a few hours after the K1-FTP email.    No packet was actually sent to me.  You can find them at https://th.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/packets/.   You only need to pay attention to "Fiancé(e) K Visa Information and Interview Instructions – previously known as Package 3 & 4"       

You can now get set up on the CEAC website, followed by the DS-160 and interview fee payment. Once that's done, you can start checking for open interview appointments.

Thanks Stook.. i havent recieved anything else ither than the original email that i posted. so i'll keep an eye out for it. will i get a letter via snail mail?

Timeline

On the apply for usa visa in thailand during the initial seet it ask the classification of visa K1 or K2.. my fiance an her daughter will be attending the interview so the set up site will only let me select one option K1 or K2.. so lookig at the instructions im assuming the K2 is the correct option to check?

Also do i set up the account on the apply for usa visa or does my fiance.. the steps that im going thru are asking for my passport information an stuff but some of the auto fields are Thailand.. so not sure whos information goes in there

Edited by Roy an Panitta

Timeline

I got my letter from the thai consulate an Im trying to pay the fees for the interview so i can get registered and do my fiancé's DS160..

my letters link me to apply for a USA visa in the immigrant section under the K1 visa it says to create a usa travel docs account. So do i create the account with my fiancé's information or does she create the account?

the setup account section is asking for a DS160 barcode number so do i do the DS160 before paying the interview fee an setting up the account?

also the DS160 is showing up under the nonimmigrant section and the DS260 is in the immigrant section panels.. i know iv got to the the DS160 so do we just do that one..?

Timeline

Some of my details are foggy, but I'll do my best. 

When you finish the DS-160, it will have a barcode on it.  Do a DS-160 for fiancee and another for her child.  They'll get linked automatically.

If I recall correctly, the DS-160 process will instruct you when/how to pay the interview fee.  pay for both Fiancee and her child.

Only do DS-160.  No DS-260

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

So my fiancé an i are getting our doc's an stuff ready for our interview here in Bangkok Thailand. For our proof of continued relationship we have alot of stuff we'v accumulated over the 490 days waiting :-)..  from pictures, trips we'v taken an family photos.

So on the subject of the family shoot we had one shoot done professionally in a studio. My fiancé wonted to have it done while her father was still alive as he is in his 80's an she lost her mother 4 years ago without anything like that. The photo shoot included semi casual dress clothing an her traditional villages clothing for everybody. Now am i over thinking the subject an wondering if the consulate agent might get these pictures confused as a traditional marriage photo shoot as opposed to what they are.. A family photo shoot. 

i remember reading some where online that. A couple filing a K1 visa did a local village wedding ceremony somewhere in a African country i believe she said they had no state or country registration paper work, but they took the pictures of the event to the interview as proof of continuing their relationship an the consulate said they filed the wrong visa they should have filed a C1 instead of a K1. An their K1 was denied..

Id like to hear what you guys think. I after all of this time dont wont to take any unnecessary chances..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.