AnnaDT

Possible RFE?

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Hello everyone! 

I'm a professional over thinker and I just realised that we sent, in the initial I-129F packet, the passport photos in the wrong size. Instead of the US version of 2x2 in we sent the European size. What are the chances we receive an RFE because of that?

Thank you  

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Caro1 said:

I don’t know for sure, but I believe the chances to get a RFE are pretty high, because of the wrong style passport photo. Sorry :(

I get it, that's what I thought too! Let's wait and see🤞

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 hours ago, AnnaDT said:

Hello everyone! 

I'm a professional over thinker and I just realised that we sent, in the initial I-129F packet, the passport photos in the wrong size. Instead of the US version of 2x2 in we sent the European size. What are the chances we receive an RFE because of that?

Thank you  

I have not seen a post from someone who received an RFE for the wrong size photos.  You may get an RFE or you may not.  If you do, it will be the first I've come across.

The passport size photos for the I-129F is only used for internal USCIS purposes.  Later on, for the K-1 interview, you will need to submit the photos that will actually be used on the K-1 visa.

Timeline
48 minutes ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

I have not seen a post from someone who received an RFE for the wrong size photos.  You may get an RFE or you may not.  If you do, it will be the first I've come across.

The passport size photos for the I-129F is only used for internal USCIS purposes.  Later on, for the K-1 interview, you will need to submit the photos that will actually be used on the K-1 visa.

I have found some post from 2016 in this forum and apparently it has happened before. Some couples got an RFE and some got approved without any issue. I really hope it won't be an issue. 

Apparently it depends a lot on the officer that is looking at the petition. 

I will update this post as soon as I know anything!

29 minutes ago, AnnaDT said:

I have found some post from 2016 in this forum and apparently it has happened before. Some couples got an RFE and some got approved without any issue. I really hope it won't be an issue. 

Apparently it depends a lot on the officer that is looking at the petition. 

I will update this post as soon as I know anything!

Agreed that it depends on the agent that reviews the case. Hope you're one of the lucky ones that won't get one. Could be that nowadays it is a policy not to send RFE's for such mistakes? Therefore the lack of reports on the matter. 

Regarding you being a professional over thinker: do you get paid? If so, I want that job, have great qualifications. 🤣

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

Agreed that it depends on the agent that reviews the case. Hope you're one of the lucky ones that won't get one. Could be that nowadays it is a policy not to send RFE's for such mistakes? Therefore the lack of reports on the matter. 

Regarding you being a professional over thinker: do you get paid? If so, I want that job, have great qualifications. 🤣

I'm hoping that, because of the delays and the long waiting times, they won't send out an RFE for something like that, but you never know! I've read on rapidvisa that they're a bit more accepting of such mistakes, but again it all depends on the officer 🤞

I WISH I got paid, the money I'd be making😂 

Some on VJ (myself included) have had success in correcting or amending what was originally sent with the petition, by sending unsolicited items directly to the CSC in Laguna Niguel.   I included a copy of my NOA-1 and a cover letter of explanation.    May be worth a try.

Timeline
13 minutes ago, SalishSea said:

Some on VJ (myself included) have had success in correcting or amending what was originally sent with the petition, by sending unsolicited items directly to the CSC in Laguna Niguel.   I included a copy of my NOA-1 and a cover letter of explanation.    May be worth a try.

I was thinking about that and might give it a try. Do they let you know when they received your items? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Don't think it will be an issue. When my wife and I went to our AOS interview, I saw the photos I submitted with the I-129 attached to a page in the large file the officer had on his desk. I don't think they were used for anything but attaching to some paper in the file, so I don't think in this case size is going to matter. You should be fine unless you get a real picky reviewer.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

12 hours ago, AnnaDT said:

I was thinking about that and might give it a try. Do they let you know when they received your items? 

This was in 2018, when petition processing timelines were much shorter.  .   We were February filers, and I sent the documents in June.   We were approved in August with no RFE.

12 hours ago, AnnaDT said:

Sorry-  meant to say that we didn’t get any type of notice or acknowledgement of receipt of what we sent, but we assumed it found it’s way to the petition, since there were no RFEs.

Timeline
7 hours ago, Loren Y said:

Don't think it will be an issue. When my wife and I went to our AOS interview, I saw the photos I submitted with the I-129 attached to a page in the large file the officer had on his desk. I don't think they were used for anything but attaching to some paper in the file, so I don't think in this case size is going to matter. You should be fine unless you get a real picky reviewer.

I really hope that isn't the case. But if they don't use for much, at this stage at least, I hope everything will go smoothly.

Timeline
2 hours ago, SalishSea said:

Sorry-  meant to say that we didn’t get any type of notice or acknowledgement of receipt of what we sent, but we assumed it found it’s way to the petition, since there were no RFEs.

Makes sense!I think we are gonna wait for now as we are April 2022 filers and should hear something soon-ish, at this point sending extra documents might delay our process and others' too 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.